• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Safe Space To Vent'

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually have another incident fresh on my mind that I'd like to share.

So, just this morning, I saw this guy walking his dog and the pooch did its business right smack in the middle of the pavement. The owner just stood there, chatting away on the phone, while I was left navigating around the nasty stuff with my toddler in tow! I mean, it's bad enough that they don't pick up after their dogs, but to be blatantly ignorant and unapologetic about it is a whole new low. I wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure how he'd react - you know, some folks can get pretty defensive and violent over surprisingly trivial matters these days. So I just ended up giving him the stink eye (pun intended) and moved on.

It's situations like these that make me wish there were stricter rules for pet ownership or something. Some kind of mandatory training on responsible dog ownership would be great. Vent successful, thanks for listening! 😊
I feel ya! It's frustrating because you want to say something, especially when it involves your toddler, but you're right - you never know how some people might react these days. Giving the culprit the death stare is a good, passive-aggressive approach, heh.

Mandatory training for pet owners sounds like a brilliant idea! Some people should really be licensed to own pets; it'd keep them accountable and responsible. It's a real shame that a few bad eggs can sour the experience for other dog owners who are responsible.

But yes, vent away - it feels good to share these things sometimes! Happy to listen anytime. 😊

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Okay, since you asked...

There's this one particular neighbor who's notorious for not cleaning up after his cute little pomeranian. The fluffy ball of joy leaves 'surprises' all over the place, and it's become an eyesore in the estate. I've seen him walk away without picking up the poo a couple of times, and it's so frustrating because he lives just downstairs! It's like, hello - you want to claim ownership of the cute doggo but don't wanna deal with the poop?

I once stepped into one of those mines when I was rushing for an appointment. That really put a damper on my day, and I swear, if looks could ****... He noticed me giving him the death stare as he nonchalantly walked away, but he didn't care! He just acted all innocent and ignorant, like it wasn't a big deal. Grrrr... Okay, I feel better getting this off my chest. Thanks for listening!
I'm glad you shared that; it's annoying when people claim the credit of having a cute pet but don't want to take responsibility! It seems like a case of picking and choosing the perks, which isn't fair to other residents. The nerve of some folks!

It's fortunate that you had the sense to vent here instead of confronting him directly - who knows what excuse he'd cook up! Some people are just not reasonable, and it's best to avoid a confrontation over something that might escalate needlessly. Good on you for keeping cool!

Okay, since you asked...

There's this one particular neighbor who's notorious for not cleaning up after his cute little pomeranian. The fluffy ball of joy leaves 'surprises' all over the place, and it's become an eyesore in the estate. I've seen him walk away without picking up the poo a couple of times, and it's so frustrating because he lives just downstairs! It's like, hello - you want to claim ownership of the cute doggo but don't wanna deal with the poop?

I once stepped into one of those mines when I was rushing for an appointment. That really put a damper on my day, and I swear, if looks could ****... He noticed me giving him the death stare as he nonchalantly walked away, but he didn't care! He just acted all innocent and ignorant, like it wasn't a big deal. Grrrr... Okay, I feel better getting this off my chest. Thanks for listening!
You've definitely chosen the right space to share that vent! It's annoying enough to encounter such carelessness, but it's worse when they're your neighbors and you see them so often. I suppose some people are just used to ignoring such things, but it's no excuse, especially since most folks are pretty aware of the responsibility that comes with owning a pet these days.

I wonder if there's any way to anonymously report them to the estate or building management - something discrete, so you don't risk confrontational drama but can still get some action taken? Seems like a tricky situation, as it's an ongoing issue and not a one-time occurrence. Might be worth looking into though, for the sanity of the entire neighborhood!

Okay, since you asked...

You've definitely earned the right to be upset! That's so infuriating because it's so avoidable. It's like they enjoy making other people miserable. Some folks just have no shame! I'm glad you got that off your chest; I can imagine it feels quite satisfying!

Okay, since you asked...

I have witnessed similar situations in my neighbourhood too; it's quite irritating to see the same inconsiderate acts repeated over and beyond. It's like some folks need a reality check - or rather, a smelly reminder - that their furbabies are not welcome everywhere, especially when left untended!

It's interesting how people can be so loving towards their pets but unwilling to endure the less appealing aspects of pet ownership. Ownership implies responsibility, which includes cleaning up after your pets, in my opinion! I do hope your neighbourhood council steps in to address such issues - a good reminder never hurts, and fines might serve as a greater deterrent for these oblivious folks.

I wish I could say it's not a common occurrence but that shit keeps happening (pun unintended). Just this morning, I saw a woman let her tiny pomeranian do its business right outside my house and then just walk off! I wanted to say something but she scurried off so quickly and I didn't want to chase after her. Ugh, some people ah...

On a brighter note, it's nice to have this little confidential space to share these annoyances. Feel free to share your own too - it's quite therapeutic!
I haven't had such a close call in a while, but that doesn't mean I'm any less furious when I see others going through the same. It's like these irresponsible owners are everywhere, lurking with their poopy pets!

It's nice to have a safe space to share these frustrations without fear of judgment - or getting into an online fight! Laughing it off with strangers on the internet is one way to cope, I guess.

I wish I could say it's not a common occurrence but that shit keeps happening (pun unintended). Just this morning, I saw a woman let her tiny pomeranian do its business right outside my house and then just walk off! I wanted to say something but she scurried off so quickly and I didn't want to chase after her. Ugh, some people ah...

On a brighter note, it's nice to have this little confidential space to share these annoyances. Feel free to share your own too - it's quite therapeutic!
That's quite the pesky situation you had this morning! It's annoying how some people take advantage of others' passivity and just expect us to accept such inconsiderate behaviour. I've learnt that it pays to be proactive in such situations - sometimes, a simple friendly reminder does the trick. You could catch them next time, or if they're a regular offender like your neighbour, and politely say hi with a smile, then subtly drop how you wish they'd brought bags to pick up the mess. That way, they can't misunderstand your good-natured intentions.

If all else fails, I find it helps to just snap some pictures and report these incidents to the appropriate authorities - the canine units have ways of tracking down these culprits. It's a hassle, but if more people spoke up, things might change for the better.

My rant for the day is done - don't want to overstay my welcome or anything. But hey, if anyone else has a good rant about dumb stuff that happens in life, go for it! I'm all ears and can commiserate.
That's great to know there's an anonymous, judgment-free space to share our annoyances. It's refreshing and I won't hesitate to come back if other frustrations hit me. Have a good day, and hopefully the next time we 'meet', it'll be under happier circumstances!

My rant for the day is done - don't want to overstay my welcome or anything. But hey, if anyone else has a good rant about dumb stuff that happens in life, go for it! I'm all ears and can commiserate.
It's refreshing to have such a space to share our frustrations anonymously and safely. No judgement, just a lot of understanding nods and empathetic responses!

I haven't encountered any outrageous situations recently, but your rants sure are keeping my blood pressure rising! Imagine the nerve of some people. It's always good to be mindful and considerate - a little empathy goes a long way!

On that note, feel free to share more. I'm enjoying this healthy dose of gossip and ranting session with zero judgement.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
That's great to know there's a safe space to share these little rants. I've bookmarked the page so I can come back to read more or join in when needed - or when stupid stuff strikes again!

On that note, have a good afternoon, folks! Keep those rants coming! 😁

That's really aggravating especially when it happens so often. It doesn't hurt anyone to be a little more considerate, right?

I haven't encountered anything major lately which is a relief. But these little annoyances can add up, and before you know it, they can ruin your day if you let them.

It's great to have you share your vents here. I'm pleased this forum offers a space for us to calmly express our frustrations.

Life certainly presents many annoying situations - from entitlement and lack of consideration, to bad manners, we've seen it all today! I hope everyone feels better after letting these feelings out.

That's good to know there aren't many issues for you today. I suppose we all have different annoyances we deal with daily - little things that others may not understand but can make our blood boil. Hope your day remains smooth-sailing!

Yah, it's one of those things that gets me fired up too, like how some owners just let their dogs roam freely in public spaces without a leash, and the worst part is they don't even call out to them or run after them! I mean, what if their dog runs into the road and causes an accident? Or worse, jumps onto someone who's scared of dogs? Some people just aren't thoughtful, period.

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, I feel a little better. Thanks for letting me share!
You are welcome. This is a safe space to voice out our frustrations and the anonymity really helps because it feels like a weight being lifted off our shoulders when we can say what's bugging us without consequences. I've also had encounters with unleashed dogs that nearly scared me but fortunately, nothing bad happened. It's more of an annoyance than anything else, but it could have been avoided if only their owners were more responsible!

Are you done with your ranting for the day or would you like to share more? 😄

Yah, it's one of those things that gets me fired up too, like how some owners just let their dogs roam freely in public spaces without a leash, and the worst part is they don't even call out to them or run after them! I mean, what if their dog runs into the road and causes an accident? Or worse, jumps onto someone who's scared of dogs? Some people just aren't thoughtful, period.

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, I feel a little better. Thanks for letting me share!
You're welcome! Ranting sure is one way to blow off some steam, and it's good that we have this space to do so without being judged. Hopefully the irritants in our lives will take the hint someday.

You're welcome! Yes it is aggravating and can potentially be dangerous too, especially when unleashed dogs bolt into traffic or something. It's also not cool when owners let their pets disturb others who are enjoying the peacefulness of a public garden. Oh well, some folks just never think twice about the trouble they cause.

Doesn't hurt to have these little anonymous venting sessions, doesn't it? We should all be more aware and considerate - that's all I wish for as a dog lover. Have a great day ahead!

Thank you for listening, but I think I'm done ranting for now since no actual solutions are forthcoming. Might as well let this go and focus on happier things - like my upcoming vacation!
That's a great mindset! Focusing on the positive and choosing to let go of the frustrations is a healthy way to maintain peace of mind. Have a wonderful vacation; hope you travel safely and create beautiful memories!

Thank you for listening, but I think I'm done ranting for now since no actual solutions are forthcoming. Might as well let this go and focus on happier things - like my upcoming vacation!
I am happy that you are able to turn your attention away from negativity and look forward to a fun holiday instead. Have fun planning it!

You're welcome! Glad to know that you feel better after letting out all those frustrations.

Have fun planning your holiday; where do you plan to go? It's always exciting to look forward to a vacation!

Reactions: wisdom
Ok, here's a story for you then. Last Sunday, I was out walking with my daughter and her little friends. You know, letting them run ahead, thinking they're so independent while keeping an eye on them. And then one of the kids shouted, "Eww, gross! There's poop!" Sure enough, right smack in the middle of the pavement was a fresh pile. It was pretty evident that some owner had not done their due diligence. The kids were disgusted, and I could barely look at it without grimacing. You know when you have to walk past it and hold your breath?

So, I sighed and took out the plastic bag I always keep in my stroller for such occasions. I thought to myself, these bloody people don't realize how easy it is. All it takes is for you to come prepared, which you should, anyway! You wouldn't let your kid poop wherever he likes, would you? So, I bent down, scooped it up, and tossed it in the nearest bin. It was such an effortless task, yet so few seem inclined to do it. Then I noticed the kids watching me with wide eyes, as if I'd performed some kind of magic trick.

That's when it hit me - maybe some folks just aren't aware or don't realize how simple it is. So, I ended up giving an impromptu lesson on pooper scooping 101. demonstrated the whole rigmarole - from taking out the bag to tying it up - for the little audience. And you know what? They thought it was the coolest thing ever. Who knew picking up poop could be so entertaining?! But anyway, that's my two cents on the matter. It's really not a big ask, and if more of us spoke up, maybe the streets would be a lot cleaner!
Good on you for turning the incident into a teachable moment! That's certainly a memory those kids will remember. Hopefully, some of them will grow up to be responsible dog owners because of it.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu