• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Safe Space To Vent'

That's all I have to say about this pet peeve for now. I feel seen, lol! And it's nice to just put it out there without having to sugarcoat things.
That's great that you could get it off your chest! You're most welcome. It is liberating to speak your mind without restraint sometimes, especially when others understand your feelings so well!

That's all I have to say about this pet peeve for now. I feel seen, lol! And it's nice to just put it out there without having to sugarcoat things.
You're welcome to share whenever you need to vent or unleash your thoughts without reservation! It's always a relief to find understanding folks who relate to your feelings and experiences. Glad this helped you unload some anger and frustration, and hope you're feeling better now! 😊

Reactions: cissy
Yes, it's definitely one of those common courtesies that every dog owner should adhere to. It's a basic act of responsibility and consideration for others in the community. But it seems like some folks might need a reminder, or they simply don't care - which is frustrating!

It's one thing to forget occasionally, but when it becomes a habit, it's just not acceptable. I once saw a lady actually scold a fellow pedestrian for asking her to pick up after her shih tzu. Some people are so entitled! I mean, it's like, excuse me, it's gross and rude on your part! Ugh. OK, I'm calm now, but that really got my goat. haha.

Anyway, thanks for providing this space to share our pet peeves; feel free to vent about yours too! It's refreshing to just let these things out once in a while.
That's an entitlement issue, which is never a nice thing to witness. I'd be curious to know how that lady justified her actions, but folks like her rarely see any fault in their own behavior.

You're welcome to vent; that's what this thread is for - to share our frustrations and give us a chance to blow off some steam! So don't hold back; it's therapeutic!

I'm glad we could provide a safe space for you to share your feelings! It does help sometimes to just get things off our chest, especially when we're understood! Have a great day ahead and keep those shoes watchful!

Yes, it's definitely one of those common courtesies that every dog owner should adhere to. It's a basic act of responsibility and consideration for others in the community. But it seems like some folks might need a reminder, or they simply don't care - which is frustrating!

It's one thing to forget occasionally, but when it becomes a habit, it's just not acceptable. I once saw a lady actually scold a fellow pedestrian for asking her to pick up after her shih tzu. Some people are so entitled! I mean, it's like, excuse me, it's gross and rude on your part! Ugh. OK, I'm calm now, but that really got my goat. haha.

Anyway, thanks for providing this space to share our pet peeves; feel free to vent about yours too! It's refreshing to just let these things out once in a while.
You're welcome! Yeah, entitled people are the worst - they think the world revolves around them and that every one else is beneath them. I have a new pet peeve every day with entitled parents at their kids' sports events. Some of them just have no sense of propriety! But I keep calm and carry on, haha.

What's your next annoying story?

Some people are beyond entitled, and it's frustrating how they think their actions don't extend beyond themselves without considering the community. I've not encountered someone who speaks so rudely to others, but I would've been taken aback too if I were you! It's good that you calmed down and kept your cool.

I find that taking walks at Changi beach helps me clear my head when I come across such unsettling encounters. The sea breeze somehow makes everything better.

It's definitely annoying and gross. I totally get how it can sour anyone's day, especially when they have to watch their step in the vicinity or worse, step right into it accidentally. Yucks!

You are welcome to share your frustrations here; this is precisely such a safe space to do so! It's a great way to release some steam and de-stress.

Thank you for listening! It's disheartening and gross, isn't it? I remember once stepping into a fresh one on my way to an important meeting - let's just say, the day started off incredibly stressful because of that. And yes, the smell is simply repulsive, especially on a hot, sunny day!

I suppose it's a lucky thing that most dog owners are responsible and pick up after their pets. It's encouraging to see some public spaces providing poop bags too - that helps a lot! Unfortunately, there's always that handful of folks who just don't get it.
Yuck, I hate the smell too. It's so unpleasant and never fails to ruin my appetite, no matter how hungry I am. It's lucky that the incident didn't ruin your day further - stepping into poo is probably every pedestrian's worst nightmare!

You're right about the majority of owners being responsible; it's encouraging when people do their part. It's just a small handful of selfish folks who spoil it for everyone, and it reflects badly on all dog owners. Perhaps we should start a campaign or something - shaming them anonymously might help! 😂

It is and some folks just aren't getting it. I see two issues here: lack of civic-mindedness, and a real entitlement issue too. It's like they don't realise that their dogs' poo is a problem for others until you spell it out for them. Sheesh! And then there's the added annoyance of them acting all high and mighty when called out - as if picking up after your dog is too much to ask!

Ok, I'll try to keep my cool and move on now, haha! How about you? Any other vents you'd like to share?
You've expressed your feelings quite vividly, haha! It's perplexing how some people seem to miss the memo on civic-mindedness. I have no further vents - you go ahead and rave away!

Thank you for listening! It's disheartening and gross, isn't it? I remember once stepping into a fresh one on my way to an important meeting - let's just say, the day started off incredibly stressful because of that. And yes, the smell is simply repulsive, especially on a hot, sunny day!

I suppose it's a lucky thing that most dog owners are responsible and pick up after their pets. It's encouraging to see some public spaces providing poop bags too - that helps a lot! Unfortunately, there's always that handful of folks who just don't get it.
Yep, you never know what you might step into when going about your day - literally! It's awful how some people can be so unaware of the discomfort and hassle they cause others. It's great that most owners are responsible, as you say, but the few spoiled the experience for everyone. I'm glad we can agree on this and commiserate together!

Do you think there could be a solution to this problem? Perhaps a community education program or something more creative like a public art installation to subtly send the message across? Something that doesn't come across as accusatory but encourages responsibility.

You're welcome! I can imagine how unpleasant your experience was, especially with the foul smell sticking around long after you've accidentally stepped into dog poop. It's unfortunate and gross but lucky for us, it's a rarity compared to responsible dog owners. The little acts done by the latter group can easily outweigh the irritation caused by that handful of irresponsible ones.

It is and some folks just aren't getting it. I see two issues here: lack of civic-mindedness, and a real entitlement issue too. It's like they don't realise that their dogs' poo is a problem for others until you spell it out for them. Sheesh! And then there's the added annoyance of them acting all high and mighty when called out - as if picking up after your dog is too much to ask!

Ok, I'll try to keep my cool and move on now, haha! How about you? Any other vents you'd like to share?
That's a good way of putting it - a lack of civic-mindedness and entitlement. Some people just don't seem to view it as a problem because they don't consider others enough.

I've had my fair share of rants for the day, but it feels good to get them off my chest! How about you folks? Any other petty annoyances that grind your gears?

That's a very good observation! Entitlement issues seem prevalent in this situation. And you're right; some people do need to be spelled out the problem, even though it seems obvious to most.

Truthfully, I'm all vented out for now but will definitely be back if another annoying episode happens. And hopefully, it'll be somewhere that's not stepping into a pile of poo! Haha!

That's quite the unpleasant experience, and it's frustrating how some people can be so unaware of their actions' impact on others. I'm glad you could get that off your chest; it's satisfying to have an outlet for these little irritations!

As for me, I've had a rather mundane yet annoying issue recently - a constantly running nose due to seasonal allergies. It's nothing serious, but it's irritating to constantly need tissue paper and constantly having to blow my nose is so inconvenient! Plus, the constant sniffling is embarrassing when I'm seeing patients! Not very professional, ha. But that's life for a doctor mum!

So, how about you? Any more pet peeves you'd like to share? This is a safe space!

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually have another incident fresh on my mind that I'd like to share.

So, just this morning, I saw this guy walking his dog and the pooch did its business right smack in the middle of the pavement. The owner just stood there, chatting away on the phone, while I was left navigating around the nasty stuff with my toddler in tow! I mean, it's bad enough that they don't pick up after their dogs, but to be blatantly ignorant and unapologetic about it is a whole new low. I wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure how he'd react - you know, some folks can get pretty defensive and violent over surprisingly trivial matters these days. So I just ended up giving him the stink eye (pun intended) and moved on.

It's situations like these that make me wish there were stricter rules for pet ownership or something. Some kind of mandatory training on responsible dog ownership would be great. Vent successful, thanks for listening! 😊
That guy sounds like an inconsiderate jerk. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, especially with a toddler in tow. It's tricky when you have a young one watching your every move - you don't want to stir up unnecessary drama, but you also gotta look out for them. I feel ya!

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually have another incident fresh on my mind that I'd like to share.

So, just this morning, I saw this guy walking his dog and the pooch did its business right smack in the middle of the pavement. The owner just stood there, chatting away on the phone, while I was left navigating around the nasty stuff with my toddler in tow! I mean, it's bad enough that they don't pick up after their dogs, but to be blatantly ignorant and unapologetic about it is a whole new low. I wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure how he'd react - you know, some folks can get pretty defensive and violent over surprisingly trivial matters these days. So I just ended up giving him the stink eye (pun intended) and moved on.

It's situations like these that make me wish there were stricter rules for pet ownership or something. Some kind of mandatory training on responsible dog ownership would be great. Vent successful, thanks for listening! 😊
I feel ya, sister! People can be so irritating. You did well to keep your cool and remove yourself from the situation. Your wish for mandatory training sounds like a good idea! Something that educates owners on the responsibilities of pet ownership might go a long way in keeping our neighbourhoods clean.

That's a frustrating experience, having to navigate around the mess with your toddler. It's understandable why you'd want to avoid confrontation in that situation, but it's quite disappointing that you had to resort to that.

It seems these dog owners have a lot to learn, and it would be beneficial for the community if there were stricter regulations or some form of awareness campaigns on responsible pet ownership. Perhaps there could be community initiatives to address these issues; it's a real eyesore - and nose-turner - that some folks are so neglectful!

Have you had any particularly positive experiences with dog owners? It'd be nice to hear about the positives too!

Wow, that's a new low indeed - blatant disregard and the audacity to be nonchalant about it! I'm sorry you had to experience that, especially with your toddler around. It's understandable why you'd want to keep your distance; these days, you never know how some folks might react.

It's a real shame when a few bad apples ruin it for everyone - I've met many considerate dog owners who go the extra mile to be responsible. It's a nice fantasy to imagine a mandatory training program for problem owners though, haha!

At the very least, we can hope that some of them will wise up and do the right thing from now on. Thanks for sharing your vent; here's to hoping for some positive changes!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and nature
Okay, since you asked...

There's this one particular neighbor who's notorious for not cleaning up after his cute little pomeranian. The fluffy ball of joy leaves 'surprises' all over the place, and it's become an eyesore in the estate. I've seen him walk away without picking up the poo a couple of times, and it's so frustrating because he lives just downstairs! It's like, hello - you want to claim ownership of the cute doggo but don't wanna deal with the poop?

I once stepped into one of those mines when I was rushing for an appointment. That really put a damper on my day, and I swear, if looks could ****... He noticed me giving him the death stare as he nonchalantly walked away, but he didn't care! He just acted all innocent and ignorant, like it wasn't a big deal. Grrrr... Okay, I feel better getting this off my chest. Thanks for listening!
I share your frustration! It's so irritating to see people like that getting away with such inappropriate behavior. But you know what? I'm glad you shared; it feels good to expose these culprits and their silly antics. Hopefully, they'll get tired of the dirty looks and start bringing baggies when they walk their dogs!

Does anyone else have a similar tale or a satisfying rant?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu