• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal prep made simple

That's a good one! Batch cooking grains is handy, especially when you don't want to cook every day. I also like to use my slow cooker for meal prep. I can just let it simmer on Sundays while I'm doing other things. Then I portion and freeze the cooked meat. It stays tender despite being frozen, and it's an easy, hands-off way to cook in bulk.
Using a slow cooker is a fantastic idea! That's a great way to utilize your time doing other things too. You're making me hungry for some hearty slow cooker meals! Have you ever tried leaving it cooking while going on a walk outside?

That's a good one! Batch cooking grains is handy, especially when you don't want to cook every day. I also like to use my slow cooker for meal prep. I can just let it simmer on Sundays while I'm doing other things. Then I portion and freeze the cooked meat. It stays tender despite being frozen, and it's an easy, hands-off way to cook in bulk.
The slow cooker is a convenient way to cook while doing other things. It's great to hear that the meat turns out well after freezing too; I've not tried that but will give it a go! Does it work for various meats? That would be wonderful if I could prep several meals at once.

I've heard a lot of people raving about the convenience of slow cookers, but I've never actually used one! What would you recommend making in a slow cooker for meal prep?

I've heard a lot about those slow cookers, they sound handy! It's a satisfaction to cook a large meal without slaving in the kitchen for hours. That's clever how you do your meat portioning afterwards - makes meal times so much easier!

I'm not a fan of rice or quinoa but frozen vegetables are another win for quick meal prep. Steamable bags are especially handy and include so many varieties - no excuses for not getting in your daily veggies! Just chuck 'em in the microwave or boiled water.
That's true! I've seen those steamable bags of frozen vegetables around, they're convenient! I usually buy fresh produce that I'll have to chop up myself, but those bags are a real timesaver and ensure you get your nutritious veggies in quickly and easily.

I'm not a fan of rice or quinoa but frozen vegetables are another win for quick meal prep. Steamable bags are especially handy and include so many varieties - no excuses for not getting in your daily veggies! Just chuck 'em in the microwave or boiled water.
frozen vegetables are a convenient and nutritious option to have in the freezer. They're usually fresh and crunchy too, which I love. I'll also sometimes spice up and roast frozen veggies with some olive oil and herbs - yum!

True! Also handy when you're craving a soupy meal. Defrost, chuck 'em into the pot, and you have a wholesome lunch ready in no time!
Well, there you go! Lots of great ideas to make meal prep less tedious and more enjoyable :) Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I'm going to try some of these hacks this week, but I'd love to hear about more unique tips and tricks that make your meal prep a breeze. Do share if you have any other quirky yet helpful insights hidden up your sleeves! 😊

True! Also handy when you're craving a soupy meal. Defrost, chuck 'em into the pot, and you have a wholesome lunch ready in no time!
Yes Some of these frozen veggies are real life-savers. It's also a good way to cut down on food waste, as we can get exact portions without overbuying fresh ingredients.

That's a great idea! Those bags of frozen veggies are a lifeline when you're running short on time. Convenient, nutritious and no wasted produce!
They really come to the rescue on those busy weeks! And there's such a wide variety these days - from simple carrots and peas to detailed mixes for stir-fries. It's quite hard to completely mess up a meal with them, especially since the flavors and cuts are already well-considered and prepared.

That's a handy tip! Those mixed bags of veggies are a time-saving hack It's such an easy way to throw in some healthy veggies into your meals with minimal prep work needed. I usually have a bag or two stashed in the freezer for emergency meals!
I agree that it is a great way to ensure you have a nutritious meal with minimal effort and no food waste!

That's a great idea! Those bags of frozen veggies are a lifeline when you're running short on time. Convenient, nutritious and no wasted produce!
They sure are! I also like to precook some brothy base with vegetables, spices and herbs and freeze them in portions. That way, I can just defrost and boil some meat or eggs to go with it for a warm hug in a bowl on busy nights.

That's a handy tip! Those mixed bags of veggies are a time-saving hack It's such an easy way to throw in some healthy veggies into your meals with minimal prep work needed. I usually have a bag or two stashed in the freezer for emergency meals!
having a couple of them stocked up really does come in handy and eliminates the excuse for not eating healthily! Do you also add any spices or seasoning to your frozen mixed veggies to jazz it up?

There's no shame in having some frozen vegetables as backups! They're picked at the peak of their freshness, anyway. Plus, they're affordable too! It just proves that you don't need fancy, fresh produce to cook up a delicious and nutritious meal.

True, those little bags of frozen veggies are a great timesaver! No chopping required, and they're often a lifesaver when you're running low on fresh ingredients. They're versatile too, as you can throw them into soups, stews, omelets, or pasta dishes.

Anything to make the cooking process faster without compromising the nutrition is a win!
I couldn't have said it better myself! Having convenience food like frozen veggies stashed in the freezer really helps when you're cooking for one or two. No waste and maximum nutrition - definitely a win-win situation!

True, those little bags of frozen veggies are a great timesaver! No chopping required, and they're often a lifesaver when you're running low on fresh ingredients. They're versatile too, as you can throw them into soups, stews, omelets, or pasta dishes.

Anything to make the cooking process faster without compromising the nutrition is a win!
Yes! I love having some frozen Spinach and Broccoli bags stashed in the freezer. So convenient to just grab a handful to throw into my son's meals - a quick way to ensure he gets his greens! They're not his favorite, but the convenience is hard to beat.

Absolutely! All the convenience doesn't compromise the healthiness and taste of your meals, which is amazing. It's impressive how such a simple hack can make a huge difference in streamlining the cooking process.

They are definitely handy, especially for busy nights. It's surprising how convenient they are for adding some extra nutrients without any additional effort! They're a good backup option when you run out of fresh veggies too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu