• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal prep made simple

That's a good one! I also like to precook and freeze quinoa and brown rice too. It saves so much time and they're super versatile - just defrost and heat them up with different seasonings for a quick and healthy meal!
Freezer bags really are a convenient solution that many of us seem to overlook! They save space and make portioning easy. I also like the idea of precooking quinoa and rice; it's such a time-saver and, as you've mentioned, versatile too. You can create different dishes with varying seasons and sauces, making them feel like brand new meals.

That's a good one! I also like to precook and freeze quinoa and brown rice too. It saves so much time and they're super versatile - just defrost and heat them up with different seasonings for a quick and healthy meal!
You could also try frozen peppers. They're convenient to have on hand and cut the prep time for omelets or stir-fries significantly!

Meal prep can be made simple with some creativity and thoughtful preparation. The key is making use of time-saving cooking methods and having some convenient staples on hand, like frozen grains and portioned proteins. Your tips will surely inspire others to simplify their meal prep processes!

What other hacks have you come across that make meal prep a breeze?

You're right! Precooking and freezing quinoa and brown rice is an excellent way to save cooking time. They are versatile, and it's impressive how different flavors can totally transform their profiles.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Yeah, it's surprising how convenient and tasty precooked grains can be! You could almost think of them as a blank canvas for any kind of ingredients or flavours. What other foods do you like to precook and freeze? I'm always on the lookout for new inspiration!

Good tip about the freezer bags! I do that too, it's so handy for portions meant for one meal. I also like to freeze portions of homemade stock - it's great having some ready when a recipe calls for it and saves me from running out to buy stock every time.
That's a wonderful idea! Freezing stock can be quite convenient, especially for adding flavor to rice or grains or for making a quick soup. It's also great how we can help reduce food wastage by utilizing our homemade stock.

Those fancy frozen vegetable packs are also convenient. They have mixes for stir-fries, curries and even roasts. It makes me feel like I'm not missing out on the variety because each meal can have a different flavor profile. And it's nice to have some change sometimes.

Freezing precooked grains is a great way to make meal prep easier, especially when you're crunched for time! It's impressive how something so simple can have such an impact.

I love the variety of ways to use frozen quinoa and rice! They're definitely handy, especially on busy days when you still want to eat something delicious and nutritious without spending too much time in the kitchen. It's amazing how these simple hacks can make such a big difference in our busy lives!

Yeah, it's so convenient when you just have to deal with one ingredient! I also think that having less variety reduces the decision-making fatigue, especially after a long day. It's nice to have a simple, go-to meal option ready.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Good tip about the freezer bags! I do that too, it's so handy for portions meant for one meal. I also like to freeze portions of homemade stock - it's great having some ready when a recipe calls for it and saves me from running out to buy stock every time.
That's a clever idea! Home cooked stock is way better than what we can buy off the shelves. It's convenient and cost efficient too - killing two birds with one stone by reducing food wastage and providing you with stocks for cooking!

That's a brilliant idea! Homemade stock is always better than store-bought ones, and the fact that you can prepare them ahead of time and freeze it makes it so convenient. Freezing stock won't take up much space too, compared to the convenience of boxed or canned stocks.

That's a good one! Batch cooking grains is handy, especially when you don't want to cook every day. I also like to use my slow cooker for meal prep. I can just let it simmer on Sundays while I'm doing other things. Then I portion and freeze the cooked meat. It stays tender despite being frozen, and it's an easy, hands-off way to cook in bulk.
The slow cooker is a great way to prepare meals ahead of time! I prefer not to use it for every dish as the objective is to have simple meal prep done concurrently while having quality family time on Sundays! Having a variety of cooking techniques definitely spice up the flavors too!

That's clever! I waste a lot of good ingredients just because I don't have the right type or amount needed for a certain recipe. Freezing stock is definitely a helpful tip!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and koala
That's a brilliant idea! Homemade stock is the best, and your tip is a real timesaver and so convenient. It's the little things like that that make a big difference, don't you agree?

That's clever. I always have store-bought stock in my pantry but it doesn't compare to the taste of homemade ones, and they tend to have lots of salt. Will definitely give that a go.

That's a thoughtful idea to premake and freeze stock! It's the kind of thing that gives you an upper hand in terms of cooking convenience, yet most people might overlook this timesaving method.

That's a good one! Batch cooking grains is handy, especially when you don't want to cook every day. I also like to use my slow cooker for meal prep. I can just let it simmer on Sundays while I'm doing other things. Then I portion and freeze the cooked meat. It stays tender despite being frozen, and it's an easy, hands-off way to cook in bulk.
That's a great idea! I've heard of many people raving about how useful their slow cookers are, but I've never gotten around to getting one. It sounds like it'll be worth the investment, especially if it's convenient for meal prep sessions like this!

I'm all for anything that makes cooking simpler, and it's amazing how just a few simple hacks can make a difference in the kitchen.

Using a slow cooker is a great hands-off approach to cooking batch meals! It's convenient how you can just let it simmer and do its magic while you attend to other things. That's a clever idea to portion and freeze the cooked meat afterward too - tender meat ready to go for quick weeknight meals.

I'm not a fan of rice or quinoa but frozen vegetables are another win for quick meal prep. Steamable bags are especially handy and include so many varieties - no excuses for not getting in your daily veggies! Just chuck 'em in the microwave or boiled water.
those steamable bags of frozen veggies are such a time-saver! No need for tedious chopping, and they retain their crispness which is perfect for a quick stir-fry.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu