• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

I share art and creativity with the little ones, not so much about dangers and strangers, which might be too scary for them. But this incident is a timely reminder that we should also broach the topic of overhead dangers, being vigilant and seeking cover when necessary. I'll find age-appropriate ways to share these tips with the kids in my art classes! Thanks for the nudge!
That's great of you to incorporate safety tips into your art classes! Hope the little ones will enjoy learning them through your fun activities.

• Wow
Reactions: nature
I feel the same too - what a fright!
Some things are truly beyond our control and it's terrifying when danger lurks in everyday situations, like glass panels falling from the sky. It's chilling to think about how we're sometimes unaware of these potential threats.

I hope so too. It does sound pretty scary indeed.
With incidents like these, there's always no clear cause at first, and blame can be directed at multiple parties. Let's leave it to the experts to investigate and find out what happened.

As a parent, seeing others' close calls can be quite unnerving. It's a timely reminder to always keep an eye out for potential dangers and keep our kids safe. We can never be too careful!
You're right. As parents, our worst fear is harm coming to our kids, and we often worry about the what-ifs. Better to be vigilant than complacent!

You're right; the repercussions could have been a lot worse! It's fortunate that the girls sustained no injuries. Thank goodness they had fast reflexes!
It seems like many parents here share similar worries for their children's safety! As much as we'd like to, we simply can't bubble wrap our kids or always be right next to them to keep them safe from every little peril. accidents happen so quickly!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
You're right; the repercussions could have been a lot worse! It's fortunate that the girls sustained no injuries. Thank goodness they had fast reflexes!
It's really traumatic for children and parents alike. You never know what might happen these days.

• Wow
Reactions: stargazer
Some people are so careless these days! It's a good thing the girls are alright.
Indeed, it's really fortunate that they're okay, else someone might've been hurt physically or even traumatized from the incident. Hopefully, the building management takes note and does something about it. Can't be letting stuff like that fall and hit innocent bystanders!

I agree. It's good that no one got hurt, because it could have turned ugly. Hopefully, those girls are alright mentally too after the scare. Such an incident would stay with you.
Yes, mental scars can run deep and take a long time to heal. I hope the girls have access to any counseling resources they might need to process the trauma. Sounds like quite the shaken up experience!

• Wow
I agree. It's good that no one got hurt, because it could have turned ugly. Hopefully, those girls are alright mentally too after the scare. Such an incident would stay with you.
That is very true; the mental scars can run deep! I hope the girls are getting all the love and support they need.

Some people are so careless these days! It's a good thing the girls are alright.
Indeed, thank goodness the girls are okay! It's a stark reminder that we often take the safety of others for granted. We assume that everything overhead is safely secure, but as this incident shows, that's not always the case. Hope those responsible take note and make sure it never happens again!

Some things you don't really get over; it's a good thing that help is available these days to deal with trauma from such incidents.

Reactions: doctormama
Urban areas can certainly be quite hectic and overwhelming - it's comforting when we can rely on others to ensure our safety through proper upkeep and due diligence. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and not reflective of broader safety trends!
Yeah, can't let our guard down even in 'safer' neighborhoods. Gotta keep our eyes open for telltale signs of danger!

Reactions: sunnydays
That is very true. It must have been quite traumatic for the girls. I hope they have access to the support they need following the incident.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: cissy and nature
Urban areas can certainly be quite hectic and overwhelming - it's comforting when we can rely on others to ensure our safety through proper upkeep and due diligence. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and not reflective of broader safety trends!
You're right. It's reassuring when the relevant authorities do their jobs well so that we don't have to worry about such hazards. Hopefully, it indeed was an isolated incident.

• Love

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu