• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

Urban areas can certainly be quite hectic and overwhelming - it's comforting when we can rely on others to ensure our safety through proper upkeep and due diligence. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and not reflective of broader safety trends!
That's true. We tend to rely on these places to adhere to safety standards, so it's quite unsettling when such accidents happen in public spaces. It makes you wonder sometimes!

It sure was a close call! We often don't realise how dangerous some situations can be until something like this happens. A good reminder for all of us to keep an eye out for our personal safety too!
You're right; it's also a wake-up call for all of us to remain vigilant and notice our surroundings, not just for ourselves but also for the people around us!

It sure was a close call! We often don't realise how dangerous some situations can be until something like this happens. A good reminder for all of us to keep an eye out for our personal safety too!
That's true - we sometimes get desensitised to dangers because thankfully, nothing bad has happened yet. But we should realise that it could have been anyone of us and the risks are real. Glad you agreed!

The fall from that height surely could have caused some serious harm. It's fortunate that the glass panel's trajectory missed the girls, else the outcome might have been awful. It doesn't bear thinking about!
It is lucky that the girls are OK. A close call like that really underscores the importance of diligent building maintenance.

Indeed, an investigation into the cause of the incident is very necessary, especially being such a bizarre event in a residential area. The potential danger it poses to the public is not something to be taken lightly either - better to be proactive than reactive!
It's quite the mystery, this whole situation. Something like this doesn't happen often, but when it does, it catches everyone off guard.

The mom is right; it's traumatic to witness such accidents and it's understandable for her daughter to feel terrified after the incident. The fall could have easily injured someone.
Yes, some serious injuries might have resulted from the fall. It would have been awful.

Reactions: luciana
The mom is right; it's traumatic to witness such accidents and it's understandable for her daughter to feel terrified after the incident. The fall could have easily injured someone.
It's a good thing that the danger was averted this time. It will be useful for building maintenance staff to keep an eye out on these glass panels though, to prevent any future incidents.

It's quite the mystery, this whole situation. Something like this doesn't happen often, but when it does, it catches everyone off guard.
Yeah, it's pretty uncommon, which probably explains the lack of preparedness and the shock factor. Quite a freak accident, if I say so myself. Freaky stuff like this seems to always happen when you least expect it.

I can understand the trauma resulting from such a frightening event, especially for the little girls involved. It's good that they're okay, given the scare of the situation.

Would've been traumatic!
Traumatic indeed. As a parent, it scares me that such incidents can happen so suddenly and unexpectedly. It's every mother's worst fear to see their child in danger, be it from strangers or in this case, falling glass.

It's every parent's nightmare, and I shudder at the thought of it. Fortunately, my kid hasn't had any close calls like this, and I hope such incidents never happen to anyone.
You're lucky your child has avoided such a scary situation. I agree that it is every parent's worst nightmare, and it's every parent's responsibility to keep their children as safe as possible too. We can never be too careful!

It might be a good idea for all of us parents to take some time to ensure our own window panels are properly secured, especially those of us who live in older HDB blocks. Better safe than sorry, as they say! It's also good to remind our kids to stay clear of tall buildings and keep a lookout overhead when walking underneath them, just in case.

Have a lovely day ahead!

You're lucky your child has avoided such a scary situation. I agree that it is every parent's worst nightmare, and it's every parent's responsibility to keep their children as safe as possible too. We can never be too careful!

It might be a good idea for all of us parents to take some time to ensure our own window panels are properly secured, especially those of us who live in older HDB blocks. Better safe than sorry, as they say! It's also good to remind our kids to stay clear of tall buildings and keep a lookout overhead when walking underneath them, just in case.

Have a lovely day ahead!
We should indeed take precautions where we can! Have a good day bananarama!

Thank goodness I wasn't with my kid at that time; else, it would've been a traumatic experience for both of us. But like those girls, we'd probably also ducked in the nick of time!
I think most mothers would react instinctively and duck, hopefully keeping their children safe too. It's always money well spent on teaching our kids to be aware of their surroundings and dangers, even ones like these which seem straight out of nowhere.

I think most mothers would react instinctively and duck, hopefully keeping their children safe too. It's always money well spent on teaching our kids to be aware of their surroundings and dangers, even ones like these which seem straight out of nowhere.
Yup, I'd do the same too! There's no time to waste during situations like these -- react first, ask questions later. Luckily for us parents, there are many safety initiatives and talks we can send our kids to, to keep them aware and alert. It's a good habit to constantly remind ourselves and our kids to be vigilant. You never know what could be falling from the skies, literally!

It sure is lucky that no one got hurt from the falling glass. Better be extra careful during these rainy days too, as the wind can get pretty strong! It's a good thing that the girls are alright, and I hope the law firm takes responsibility for the incident.
The incident serves as a stark reminder of the potential dangers in our midst. We should indeed be vigilant and mindful, especially in heavily urbanised areas.

Reactions: cissy
It sure is lucky that no one got hurt from the falling glass. Better be extra careful during these rainy days too, as the wind can get pretty strong! It's a good thing that the girls are alright, and I hope the law firm takes responsibility for the incident.
I'm glad the girls are okay. The strong winds and heavy rain certainly make for risky conditions indeed.

Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu