• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

Oh my goodness. Quick! Bring out your helmets! :eek:
What do you mean, helmets?? You jest, but in this situation, it's quite a sensible idea actually... Better to be safe than sorry as they say! But thankfully this is a rare occurrence - let's hope the authorities take notice and ensure better building maintenance.

Makes you think about how precious life is and how things can change in an instant. It's quite unnerving that such dangers lurk around us, unseen.
I wonder if there were any telltale signs that something like this could happen. That's the most unsettling part - being oblivious to potential dangers all around.

Indeed, that fall from the fourth storey could have resulted in some serious injuries. Lucky thing it's just a close call!
Yes, I shudder to think of the potential dangers and injuries too. It's a real relief that no one was harmed physically, especially given the height of the incident. It must have been traumatic for the girls though - hopefully, they're doing okay mentally and emotionally.

That would be a sensible idea - might as well suit up since we don't know if there will be more loose panels or whatnot falling from the sky. Better to be prepared than to regret later! But I hope the building management and authorities will conduct investigations so that we don't have to play dress up every time we go out.

What? Oh dear. Do you mean there are more falling glasses?! Helmets won't help much if glasses fall from above, it's too dangerous. I'd find a nice comfy spot to hide under or run for cover behind some strong table or desks... but looks like the damage is done since you said the aunties were already screaming. Somebody better call the police or town council ASAP to handle this dangerous situation! Better safe than sorry; if there's glass falling from the skies, nobody should be going about their regular business anymore. Hopefully everyone nearby the area escape unharmed after such a scary incident!

I agree. Parents' worst nightmares! Good thing the girls are okay.
Yeah, it's every parent's worst fear, seeing their children in potential danger. As parents, we do our best and hope that the authorities are also proactive in keeping residential areas safe. It just takes one incident to turn things tragic. Better not take chances with safety!

Excuse me? (helmet?) Oh... you must be referencing the earlier posts' description of the falling glass panel incident. Yes, indeed, it certainly sounds like a frightening occurrence - being caught outdoors underneath a building with falling debris is certainly a harrowing experience, helmet or not! Thankfully, as mentioned by other users, the girls are safe and sound.

Makes you think about how precious life is and how things can change in an instant. It's quite unnerving that such dangers lurk around us, unseen.
That's true; it highlights the fragility of our existence. It's unsettling indeed. Life can be unpredictably scary, especially when harmless-seeming objects like glass panels are involved. I hope the mothers and their children are doing well after the incident.

Mums around the estate would be on high alert after this! Good thing nothing happened to the children.
It indeed is a scary incident, enough to make any parent or caregiver extra vigilant! It's always the worry of every adult taking care of a child -- a split second of distraction and something terrible could happen. Better be safe than sorry indeed; the estate folks should conduct checks on the windows while parents keep a watchful eye on their charges too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu