• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

Yes, it is scary how things can go from mundane to dangerous in an instant. The mothers must have been horrified witnessing their daughters come close to such an accident.
The incident definitely serves as a timely reminder for all of us to be more cautious!

Reactions: cissy
It sure is.
When you consider the height of the fall and the potential damage that falling glass could've inflicted, it's nothing short of a miracle that the girls were unharmed. Fortune truly smiled on them that day. You never know what fate has in store, a chilling thought indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
There are indeed many hazards around the home which we may overlook. It pays to inspect our living environments regularly - better safe than sorry!
That's true. I'm glad that no one got hurt, but it would probably serve as a reminder for all of us to do a yearly safety audit on our windows and glass panels especially if you live in older estates! I'll definitely be doing that this weekend! It's quite a daunting thought but better to be prepared and proactive.

That's a very considerate suggestion, given the situation's scariness. indeed, it's crucial to bring attention to mental health and how incidents like these can affect our little ones.
Book recommendations catering to specific issues are always helpful. It's soothing for children to know they aren't alone in dealing with scary situations.

Book recommendations catering to specific issues are always helpful. It's soothing for children to know they aren't alone in dealing with scary situations.
That's true, having the right resources to explain complicated situations to our young ones is so important.

That's a good point. Providing books relevant to the situation could help comfort the affected kids and also educate others.

I do hope the girls are getting all the support they need after the shock must have been so terrifying for them.
I agree! It's important that we provide adequate psychological support for the victims, especially for young children who may not be able to process their emotions as effectively as adults. The trauma from such incidents could potentially impact their mental health in the long run if left unattended.

I do hope the girls are getting all the support they need after the shock must have been so terrifying for them.
Me too. As hard as it may be to understand such incidents, kids involved should receive the love and support they need to process the shock and fear.

That's a good suggestion! Having resources to turn to for reassurance after a scare is very helpful.
I'll see if I can find any recommended books online and share them here if that's okay with you! Would you like me to inquire about specific books in case anyone has recommendations?
Sure, I don't see why not. It'll be nice to have some concrete children's book recommendations for such situations. We might just save a parent or caregiver some trouble one day!

I appreciate the effort you're putting in here. Hopefully, we can compile a useful list.

It indeed is a timely reminder to take extra care and be vigilant about the safety of our surroundings! Parents should also educate their children on being aware of their vicinity and the potential dangers.
As a parent myself, such an incident serves as a reminder of how crucial it is to keep a watchful eye on our little ones, even beyond childhood. You never know what hazards might be lurking around!

As a parent myself, such an incident serves as a reminder of how crucial it is to keep a watchful eye on our little ones, even beyond childhood. You never know what hazards might be lurking around!
It's a good thing there are alert citizens around to remind us and keep us on our toes!

You're right. People should definitely take extra care with potential hazards like these.
Yes, it pays to be diligent about maintaining potential safety hazards. It's a good thing that no one was harmed in this incident.

Yes, it's every parent's worst nightmare, isn't it? You never expect these things to happen in broad daylight and in a public area too.
Scary indeed. You never know what could happen, especially with kids running around, playing and making noise. You mentioned you have a 5-year-old daughter - I'm sure you were relieved the girls involved were alright!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu