• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

That's a close call! Glass panels falling from such a height could have caused severe injury. It's fortunate that the girls are okay.
Yes, it's indeed a miracle that the girls escaped unharmed. The mothers' worst nightmares, eh? Something like this happened to me once when I was young, but thankfully no one was hurt. It's probably a good idea for the town council or building maintenance teams to check in on the safety of the window panels, just in case. Better safe than sorry!

Yes, that's true
It's indeed lucky that no one was hurt during the incident. One can never be too careful, especially with young children around. Glass shards are incredibly sharp and could cause some serious harm. It's good that the mothers are keeping a close eye on their children's well-being. We should take extra caution and ensure such accidents don't happen again.

That's a close call! Glass panels falling from such a height could have caused severe injury. It's fortunate that the girls are okay.
Yes, it indeed is a close shave, lucky they were not hit! I hope the girls are doing better after the incident. Something like this happened to me when I was young too; it's quite traumatic.

That's a frightening experience for the young girls, it's fortunate that they are alright. It's quite unusual for window glass panels to fall from such a height. We better keep our kids extra safe these days.
Mums around the estate would be on high alert after this! Good thing nothing happened to the children.

That's a frightening experience for the young girls, it's fortunate that they are alright. It's quite unusual for window glass panels to fall from such a height. We better keep our kids extra safe these days.
Yeah, better be extra vigilant. You never know what could happen these days! Lucky they aren't hurt.

Yes, better safe than sorry! It definitely could have been worse. Thankfully, the girls are okay and no one got hurt in the end. A close shave indeed!

It would indeed be a terrifying experience to have a glass panel come crashing down from such a height and just miss you or your children. It is every parent's worst nightmare to see their children in potentially life-threatening situations like this.

As a resident of Yishun, I try not to let such accidents scare me too much, though it is definitely a timely reminder to be vigilant, keep a lookout for any overhead signs of danger and stay as far away as possible. You never know when an accident might happen, and it could be a good idea to brief our children on these risks too so they can keep themselves safe.

Have you spoken to your kids about stranger danger, or in this case, falling object danger?
I don't have the horror of being constantly scared of glass falling from overhead like some of you mummies! As a daddy, my first reaction would be one of shock and disbelief if it happened to me or my kid.

My little one is still young, so I've mainly focused on the usual safety issues like strangers, traffic, and general hazard awareness. But this incident is indeed a good reminder of all the random stuff that could fall from above -- haven't really considered those! Time to have another serious talk with the missus :)

It would indeed be a terrifying experience to have a glass panel come crashing down from such a height and just miss you or your children. It is every parent's worst nightmare to see their children in potentially life-threatening situations like this.

As a resident of Yishun, I try not to let such accidents scare me too much, though it is definitely a timely reminder to be vigilant, keep a lookout for any overhead signs of danger and stay as far away as possible. You never know when an accident might happen, and it could be a good idea to brief our children on these risks too so they can keep themselves safe.

Have you spoken to your kids about stranger danger, or in this case, falling object danger?
As a mother of two, I have definitely had many conversations revolving around safety and dangers that are present in the big wide world! My four-year-old son is especially curious and adventurous, always running ahead. So our talks revolve around looking both ways, holding an adult's hand when crossing the road, and stopping at safe places like a neighborhood shop front if he ever gets lost. We haven't had any falling objects dangers conversations yet, but it's definitely on my mind now! Seems like a good idea to bring it up at dinner tonight.

What about you? Do you have any funny or interesting stories from those conversations with your kids? I'm always looking for new ways to keep the danger monsters at bay!

I share art and creativity with the little ones, not so much about dangers and strangers, which might be too scary for them. But this incident is a timely reminder that we should also broach the topic of overhead dangers, being vigilant and seeking cover when necessary. I'll find age-appropriate ways to share these tips with the kids in my art classes! Thanks for the nudge!

Yes, indeed it's fortunate that no one was harmed.

I'm glad I wasn't in their shoes; I wouldn't know how I'd react to such a shocking incident!
As a parent, seeing others' close calls can be quite unnerving. It's a timely reminder to always keep an eye out for potential dangers and keep our kids safe. We can never be too careful!

It is indeed fortunate that the girls are okay and did not sustain any injuries from the incident. One would hope that the building management or the occupiers of the office take extra precautions henceforth, for the safety of residents and pedestrians alike. The repercussions could have been much worse!
You're right; the repercussions could have been a lot worse! It's fortunate that the girls sustained no injuries. Thank goodness they had fast reflexes!

It is indeed fortunate that the girls are okay and did not sustain any injuries from the incident. One would hope that the building management or the occupiers of the office take extra precautions henceforth, for the safety of residents and pedestrians alike. The repercussions could have been much worse!
Some people are so careless these days! It's a good thing the girls are alright.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu