• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

Mums would definitely be extra concerned about their children's well-being after such an incident. It highlights the importance of checking the safety of our buildings and keeping a lookout for potential hazards, especially around residential areas. Better safe than sorry!
That's right. No one wants any accidents happening to their little ones.

That's right. No one wants any accidents happening to their little ones.
Better indeed to do a quick check - it's amazing how many of these incidents go unnoticed by the naked eye! It's always the unforeseen that manages to catch us off-guard.

Yes, it's indeed a miracle that the girls escaped unharmed. The mothers' worst nightmares, eh? Something like this happened to me once when I was young, but thankfully no one was hurt. It's probably a good idea for the town council or building maintenance teams to check in on the safety of the window panels, just in case. Better safe than sorry!
It is indeed a miracle that no one got hurt this time round. It's quite traumatic for everyone involved. I recall a similar incident when I was young, so I feel for those little girls.

Yes, it indeed is a close shave, lucky they were not hit! I hope the girls are doing better after the incident. Something like this happened to me when I was young too; it's quite traumatic.
Might I suggest that as scary as these experiences are, they also serve as important lessons on how we should always remain vigilant and aware of our surroundings - a good life lesson for all of us Singaporeans?

People really need to be more vigilant these days. You never know what could go wrong with all these high rise buildings springing up everywhere. It's better to be safe than sorry, as they say!
That's true. You can never predict what might fall from above.

People really need to be more vigilant these days. You never know what could go wrong with all these high rise buildings springing up everywhere. It's better to be safe than sorry, as they say!
You're right. There are so many high-rise buildings nowadays; it's scary how a simple oversight can cause such accidents. Luckily, everything turned out alright in this situation.

There's a lot of close calls these days! Something we often overlook but can be potentially dangerous.
I think this incident should serve as a timely reminder for everyone to stay cautious and keep a lookout - you never know what might fall from the sky!

It certainly looks like a scary experience, just imagining the glass panel falling from such a height is giving me goosebumps! I'd be curious to know what the aftermath was like; hopefully, the building management and authorities responded promptly to ensure such an incident won't happen again. Some people are just too reckless!
That's true; such incidents shouldn't be taken lightly, or it might end up being a recurring hazard. The authorities should be alerted so that they can conduct proper inspections and take actions for the safety of residents. I wonder if anyone witnessed the incident and reported it promptly.

That's true; such incidents shouldn't be taken lightly, or it might end up being a recurring hazard. The authorities should be alerted so that they can conduct proper inspections and take actions for the safety of residents. I wonder if anyone witnessed the incident and reported it promptly.
Might I suggest we keep this conversation light and not speculate on the reckless behaviours of others, heh. We're lucky no one was harmed this time!

Indeed, such close calls should serve as an important reminder for people to be vigilant and proactive in ensuring their personal safety, especially with high-rise buildings becoming increasingly common in our bustling town areas. It's better to err on the side of caution - you never know what could fall from above!
The authorities should indeed swing into action and conduct rigorous inspections, especially for older buildings which might have degraded over time.

You're right about how this incident shouldn't be brushed aside, especially since it could have been avoided. It's frightening to think anybody could have been badly hurt by reckless behavior. It'd be good if more people around the area speak up so the relevant authorities can look into the matter.

Helmets won't do much good against falling debris from tall buildings, unfortunately! Best keep our eyes peeled and give such dodgy structures a wide berth.
Indeed. There might be no warning signs and symptoms at all! Better not take any chances and conduct a health check on the buildings in the vicinity for everyone's safety.

Indeed. There might be no warning signs and symptoms at all! Better not take any chances and conduct a health check on the buildings in the vicinity for everyone's safety.
You're right; it's best to leave the matters to the professionals who can conduct proper inspections and provide solutions. We definitely don't want such incidents happening again! It's heartening to know there are others around who share the same concerns.

It is indeed fortunate that this incident didn't result in any injuries, but it definitely gives us all a scare as to how reckless and unsafe some situations can be. One always wonders what could have been!
I reside nearby in Jurong, so hearing about such incidents gives me goosebumps! It's very eerie thinking about how something so routine like walking underneath a building can suddenly become so dangerous. You just never know what to expect! I'm grateful that the girls are okay and hope the building management did something about the loose panel afterward.

What do you mean, helmets? You think this is a disaster waiting to happen? Seems like this could have been avoided if the glass was properly checked and maintained. Better go get mine too then!
Seems like it. But I doubt donning a helmet would make anyone feel comfortable or confident in this situation though.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu