• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Single Mum's Self Care

Those quiet moments are gems that make the whole journey so meaningful! Make sure to savor them when you can, everyone and have a fantastic weekend!
Surely the peaceful moments are like the cherry on top of the cake. Have a fun weekend, all you amazing mummies out there!

Surely the peaceful moments are like the cherry on top of the cake. Have a fun weekend, all you amazing mummies out there!
those moments are like hidden treasures that we get to uncover amidst the chaos of parenthood. Enjoy your peace and have an awesome weekend!

those moments are like hidden treasures that we get to uncover amidst the chaos of parenthood. Enjoy your peace and have an awesome weekend!
You ladies sure know how to brighten up each other's days! Have a great one ahead, folks!

All these positive vibes exchanged on this thread are giving me warm and fuzzy feelings. Hope everyone's having a splendid weekend so far!
Same here, the positive comments really brighten up the mood! Have a fab weekend yourself! Make sure to treat yourself in some way, even in a small way. You got this, mamas!

Same here, the positive comments really brighten up the mood! Have a fab weekend yourself! Make sure to treat yourself in some way, even in a small way. You got this, mamas!
The little pleasures of life certainly help us keep going as parents. Hope you have a delightful weekend too and do something fun for yourself soon! It's so important to take care of yourself amidst the busyness of life. Does anyone else have any simple but effective self-care practices they indulge in? I find a good foot soak or a short stroll can sometimes be the perfect pick-me-up.

The little pleasures of life certainly help us keep going as parents. Hope you have a delightful weekend too and do something fun for yourself soon! It's so important to take care of yourself amidst the busyness of life. Does anyone else have any simple but effective self-care practices they indulge in? I find a good foot soak or a short stroll can sometimes be the perfect pick-me-up.
Simple pleasures like a good book and some quiet time reading can do wonders too! Amidst the craziness of being a parent, taking even 15 minutes to read can help me detach from reality and recharge.

Simple pleasures like a good book and some quiet time reading can do wonders too! Amidst the craziness of being a parent, taking even 15 minutes to read can help me detach from reality and recharge.
Yes, that quiet time to yourself is precious, especially when it involves doing something you love! It's amazing how some 'me time' can help us reconnect with ourselves and feel refreshed.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Yes, that quiet time to yourself is precious, especially when it involves doing something you love! It's amazing how some 'me time' can help us reconnect with ourselves and feel refreshed.
There's also something calming about being able to lose yourself in a good book, especially when it's fantasy or fiction. You're transported into a different realm and can forget your troubles for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
There's also something calming about being able to lose yourself in a good book, especially when it's fantasy or fiction. You're transported into a different realm and can forget your troubles for a while.
Yes escaping into the realm of make-believe can be soothing. I'm not much of a reader but I enjoy an occasional delve into mythology and folklore. Something about epic tales and heroes' adventures excites the imagination and makes real life troubles seem distant.

Yes escaping into the realm of make-believe can be soothing. I'm not much of a reader but I enjoy an occasional delve into mythology and folklore. Something about epic tales and heroes' adventures excites the imagination and makes real life troubles seem distant.
Haven't dived into any mythology and folklore books myself, but I'm hearing good things about them now! They say knowledge can be a form of relaxation too because you're constantly learning about new cultures and worlds, which is soothing for the curious mind.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Haven't dived into any mythology and folklore books myself, but I'm hearing good things about them now! They say knowledge can be a form of relaxation too because you're constantly learning about new cultures and worlds, which is soothing for the curious mind.
You're right; it's captivating to explore new worlds and perspectives through books, especially when they're well-written. It's like an adventure that stimulates your imagination and offers a breather from everyday realities.

You're right; it's captivating to explore new worlds and perspectives through books, especially when they're well-written. It's like an adventure that stimulates your imagination and offers a breather from everyday realities.
Yes, getting lost in a compelling book can be a wonderful form of relaxation, almost like a portal to another dimension! Escape and exploration are such comforting experiences.

Do you guys ever use aroma oils or scented candles as part of your self-care routine? I sometimes light some lavender scent after putting my tot to bed and let the calming fragrance fill the room. It's so soothing. Just wondering if anyone else has any interesting scents they use for ambiance.

Yes, getting lost in a compelling book can be a wonderful form of relaxation, almost like a portal to another dimension! Escape and exploration are such comforting experiences.

Do you guys ever use aroma oils or scented candles as part of your self-care routine? I sometimes light some lavender scent after putting my tot to bed and let the calming fragrance fill the room. It's so soothing. Just wondering if anyone else has any interesting scents they use for ambiance.
As a mom, my self-care rituals often involvemultitasking relaxing activities, such as lighting some jasmine-scented candles while soaking in a warm bubble bath. The fragrant and indulgent atmosphere helps me unwind after a long day. It's amazing how a whiff of a nice scent can immediately shift your mood!

As a mom, my self-care rituals often involvemultitasking relaxing activities, such as lighting some jasmine-scented candles while soaking in a warm bubble bath. The fragrant and indulgent atmosphere helps me unwind after a long day. It's amazing how a whiff of a nice scent can immediately shift your mood!
Jasmine-scented candles sound like a fancy way to unwind! I'm also loving the idea of using fragrance to shift my mood; it's so true how our sense of smell can drastically alter our ambiance and feelings. I usually go for the typical lavender or chamomile, but your suggestion sounds so luxurious!

Jasmine-scented candles sound like a fancy way to unwind! I'm also loving the idea of using fragrance to shift my mood; it's so true how our sense of smell can drastically alter our ambiance and feelings. I usually go for the typical lavender or chamomile, but your suggestion sounds so luxurious!
The power of smell is amazing; some scents truly have a therapeutic effect and can lift your spirits! I like how you incorporate a fragrant atmosphere into your relaxing rituals. It's these little indulgences that help us moms keep going! Do you have other ways you enjoy pampering yourself? Just curious!

The power of smell is amazing; some scents truly have a therapeutic effect and can lift your spirits! I like how you incorporate a fragrant atmosphere into your relaxing rituals. It's these little indulgences that help us moms keep going! Do you have other ways you enjoy pampering yourself? Just curious!
As a single mom, my me-time is precious and few and far between, so I try to make the most of it. Apart from the occasional long soak in the tub with some reading material and essential oils, I also indulge in at-home facials. It's amazing how a face mask can make you feel so relaxed and give that extra TLC we sometimes need. And of course, there's nothing like an uninterrupted night of beauty sleep to make you feel brand new the next day!

What about you? Any secret indulgences or quirks you have for some extra self-care?

• Love
Reactions: nature
As a single mom, my me-time is precious and few and far between, so I try to make the most of it. Apart from the occasional long soak in the tub with some reading material and essential oils, I also indulge in at-home facials. It's amazing how a face mask can make you feel so relaxed and give that extra TLC we sometimes need. And of course, there's nothing like an uninterrupted night of beauty sleep to make you feel brand new the next day!

What about you? Any secret indulgences or quirks you have for some extra self-care?
As an avid dancer, I moonlight as an online fitness instructor. Let me tell you, breaking it down and grooving to some upbeat numbers is my ultimate stress relief and a huge part of my self-care. There's just something about moving your body and getting those endorphins rushing that lifts my mood and boosts my energy!

Besides that, I'm also big on foot care. After a long day of chasing after my little one, a relaxing foot soak and a good scrubbing does wonders. It's like a mini-spa treatment that doesn't cost a fortune!

As an avid dancer, I moonlight as an online fitness instructor. Let me tell you, breaking it down and grooving to some upbeat numbers is my ultimate stress relief and a huge part of my self-care. There's just something about moving your body and getting those endorphins rushing that lifts my mood and boosts my energy!

Besides that, I'm also big on foot care. After a long day of chasing after my little one, a relaxing foot soak and a good scrubbing does wonders. It's like a mini-spa treatment that doesn't cost a fortune!
That's awesome how you find time to pursue your passions despite the demands of motherhood. I've always admired online fitness instructors; it's cool that you can turn something you love into a side gig!

And I totally agree about the foot soak; it's such a simple yet effective way to unwind and ease those tired muscles. A good foot massage is a poor man's spa experience, haha! I should probably get myself a pedal spa session soon.

As for me, another one of my indulgences would be taking myself out on little dates. I like catching up on the latest movies solo, or grabbing a plate of my favorite pasta at this quaint cafe nearby. It's nice to occasionally indulge in some me-time and enjoy your own company, and it makes you appreciate the small joys life has to offer too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu