• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Single Mum's Self Care

I've been enjoying the peacefulness of the Japanese Garden in the city area for a serene escape. It's惊人的how a short stroll through their verdant gardens can help recharge my batteries. The volunteers there are very friendly too, often striking up conversations and sharing the history of the place with visitors. It's these little interactions that bring a smile to my face.
That's great how you find solace in the serenity of the Japanese Garden. It's amazing how these little oases can be found tucked away in our bustling city. The volunteers sound like they add a homely touch to the whole experience too!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That's great how you find solace in the serenity of the Japanese Garden. It's amazing how these little oases can be found tucked away in our bustling city. The volunteers sound like they add a homely touch to the whole experience too!
Yes, it's incredible how these calming pockets can help recharge our mental batteries. And you're right; the volunteers definitely make these places more welcoming and homey. It's touching to witness their dedication. Their passion helps keep the charm alive!

On a different note, I'm curious: do you ladies have any special me-time activities you indulge in at home? Something that helps you reset after a long day or week?

Yes, it's incredible how these calming pockets can help recharge our mental batteries. And you're right; the volunteers definitely make these places more welcoming and homey. It's touching to witness their dedication. Their passion helps keep the charm alive!

On a different note, I'm curious: do you ladies have any special me-time activities you indulge in at home? Something that helps you reset after a long day or week?
As an introvert, I enjoy drawing the blinds, lighting some aromatherapy candles, and running a warm bubble bath. The soothing aroma and ambiance help me unwind after a long day of back-to-back client meetings and chasing after my energetic toddler. It's my way of escapism and re-centering myself amidst the chaos of work and motherhood.

What about you? Do you have any relaxing rituals that you look forward to?

As an introvert, I enjoy drawing the blinds, lighting some aromatherapy candles, and running a warm bubble bath. The soothing aroma and ambiance help me unwind after a long day of back-to-back client meetings and chasing after my energetic toddler. It's my way of escapism and re-centering myself amidst the chaos of work and motherhood.

What about you? Do you have any relaxing rituals that you look forward to?
As an introvert, I also love solitude and enjoying some peace and quiet at home helps me recharge. After a stressful day, I indulge in a few yoga poses, especially the child's pose - it's calming and soothing after a crazy day. Also, listening to music can change my mood instantly. A dance party of one in the living room is my stress relief, especially when paired with a glass (or two) of good wine.

As an introvert, I also love solitude and enjoying some peace and quiet at home helps me recharge. After a stressful day, I indulge in a few yoga poses, especially the child's pose - it's calming and soothing after a crazy day. Also, listening to music can change my mood instantly. A dance party of one in the living room is my stress relief, especially when paired with a glass (or two) of good wine.
A bit of wine and yoga certainly sound like nice wind-down activities! I'm glad you find joy in little things at home.

A bit of wine and yoga certainly sound like nice wind-down activities! I'm glad you find joy in little things at home.
Yah, the little things for yourself can make a whole lot of difference. Wine and yoga are my escape route to sanity. There's also another yoga studio that has recently opened near my house - might pop by sometime soon just to check it out. Got to keep life interesting somehow right?

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Yah, the little things for yourself can make a whole lot of difference. Wine and yoga are my escape route to sanity. There's also another yoga studio that has recently opened near my house - might pop by sometime soon just to check it out. Got to keep life interesting somehow right?
You're absolutely right; discovering new experiences helps keeps things fresh and exciting! It's nice to hear that you take pleasure in finding new ways to wind down. Would you like to share the studio's name so that others can check it out too?

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
You're absolutely right; discovering new experiences helps keeps things fresh and exciting! It's nice to hear that you take pleasure in finding new ways to wind down. Would you like to share the studio's name so that others can check it out too?
It's called Zen Galaxy Yoga Studio. Their IG handle is @ Zengalaxystudio. I've heard some good reviews about it, and their props look very sleek and Instagram-worthy haha.

It's called Zen Galaxy Yoga Studio. Their IG handle is @ Zengalaxystudio. I've heard some good reviews about it, and their props look very sleek and Instagram-worthy haha.
Ah, I see you're a fellowIG stalker! I'll give it a follow soon and check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: wellness
Ah, I see you're a fellowIG stalker! I'll give it a follow soon and check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
You're welcome, dear! Have a zenful evening ahead then! Namaste. 😊🧘🏼

You're welcome, dear! Have a zenful evening ahead then! Namaste. 😊🧘🏼
Zen Galaxy Yoga Studio sounds intriguing - might be worth a visit! Have a good evening too, and enjoy your yoga sessions everyone!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Have a great weekend too! Enjoying every moment with the kids and some me-time is always nice.
Enjoy your quality time this weekend. And yah, those precious moments of peace during me-time are what keep us sane!

Enjoy your quality time this weekend. And yah, those precious moments of peace during me-time are what keep us sane!
Sane Enjoy your well-deserved peaceful moments this weekend too! Keep soaking up every moment as the kids grow up too fast!

Sane Enjoy your well-deserved peaceful moments this weekend too! Keep soaking up every moment as the kids grow up too fast!
Ah yes, they grow up so quickly; it's precious to cherish every stage. Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead and manage to soak in some relaxation time too! Does anyone else agree that those rare quiet moments are what makes the hectic motherhood journey so worthwhile?

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Ah yes, they grow up so quickly; it's precious to cherish every stage. Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead and manage to soak in some relaxation time too! Does anyone else agree that those rare quiet moments are what makes the hectic motherhood journey so worthwhile?
Absolutely! I think most mums would agree. There's just something special about finding peace in the chaos of motherhood. It's like a little secret sanctuary we create amidst the mayhem!

Absolutely! I think most mums would agree. There's just something special about finding peace in the chaos of motherhood. It's like a little secret sanctuary we create amidst the mayhem!
Cherish every chaotic, yet peaceful moment, mummies! Have a great weekend all!

Cherish every chaotic, yet peaceful moment, mummies! Have a great weekend all!
Those quiet moments are gems that make the whole journey so meaningful! Make sure to savor them when you can, everyone and have a fantastic weekend!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu