• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Single Mum's Self Care

Appreciating the little things in life is truly a great way to practice mindfulness, especially when we're so used to the daily hustle and bustle of managing work and our kids. I also find joy in little moments like these; it helps to slow down and savor them. Taking the time to smell the roses, so to speak, can be quite empowering!

On another note, have any of you tried those fancy schamncy face masks that you see at departmental stores? The elegant packaging caught my eye once but I never got around to actually trying them - are they any good?
The fancy face masks definitely have their charm and can be quite luxurious. Some are formulated with amazing scents and moisturizing properties that feel like a day spa experience at home! They're great as a pick-me-up when you need some extra pampering or when your skin feels tired and dull. A real treat without the salon price tag!

I also hear good things about using fresh vegetables/fruits face masks - apparently, the vitamins and antioxidants in them help nourish your skin. But honestly, the scent of some essential oils is good enough to lure me away from the DIY route.

The fancy face masks definitely have their charm and can be quite luxurious. Some are formulated with amazing scents and moisturizing properties that feel like a day spa experience at home! They're great as a pick-me-up when you need some extra pampering or when your skin feels tired and dull. A real treat without the salon price tag!

I also hear good things about using fresh vegetables/fruits face masks - apparently, the vitamins and antioxidants in them help nourish your skin. But honestly, the scent of some essential oils is good enough to lure me away from the DIY route.
The fancy face masks are a nice indulgence Especially with the variety of scents and formulas available; there's always one to match your preference and skincare needs. It's exciting to find one that suits you best.

On another note, face masks aren't really my thing, so I appreciate the recommendations on using veggies and fruits for masks. It sounds like an affordable and refreshing natural alternative, and less messy than the store-bought ones. Does anyone have any specific recipes they'd like to share?

The fancy face masks are a nice indulgence Especially with the variety of scents and formulas available; there's always one to match your preference and skincare needs. It's exciting to find one that suits you best.

On another note, face masks aren't really my thing, so I appreciate the recommendations on using veggies and fruits for masks. It sounds like an affordable and refreshing natural alternative, and less messy than the store-bought ones. Does anyone have any specific recipes they'd like to share?
Veggie and fruit masks are definitely worth a try; they're nature's beauty secrets! Mash some strawberries and apply them like a face mask for a natural glow. The vitamin C is great for brightening your complexion and the seeds act as a gentle exfoliator too. It's delicious for your skin, literally!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Veggie and fruit masks are definitely worth a try; they're nature's beauty secrets! Mash some strawberries and apply them like a face mask for a natural glow. The vitamin C is great for brightening your complexion and the seeds act as a gentle exfoliator too. It's delicious for your skin, literally!
That's an excellent tip! Using food as a beauty regime is so inviting, especially with the promise of edible ingredients. I'm keen on trying this out - and also knowing more about your go-to eco-friendly rituals, Koala! Any other eco tips you'd like to share? We're all ears over here!

Reactions: cissy
That's an excellent tip! Using food as a beauty regime is so inviting, especially with the promise of edible ingredients. I'm keen on trying this out - and also knowing more about your go-to eco-friendly rituals, Koala! Any other eco tips you'd like to share? We're all ears over here!
Sure thing. Using reusable bamboo straws is a good habit to adopt and it makes you feel fancy too! Plus, it has a lower environmental impact than plastic. Win-win! I also keep a stash of fabric shopping bags in my car boot so I'm never caught without them. Cuts down the guilt after grocery shopping.

Sure thing. Using reusable bamboo straws is a good habit to adopt and it makes you feel fancy too! Plus, it has a lower environmental impact than plastic. Win-win! I also keep a stash of fabric shopping bags in my car boot so I'm never caught without them. Cuts down the guilt after grocery shopping.
Using bamboo straws is environmentally friendly, though I'm afraid I don't have much of a tip to add as I haven't explored many eco-friendly options. I do try to cut down on plastic waste by refusing plastic bags whenever possible, but I should make more conscious efforts! Thanks for the ideas!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Using bamboo straws is environmentally friendly, though I'm afraid I don't have much of a tip to add as I haven't explored many eco-friendly options. I do try to cut down on plastic waste by refusing plastic bags whenever possible, but I should make more conscious efforts! Thanks for the ideas!
There's so much we can do to contribute to the environmental efforts, and it need not be cumbersome or drastic changes - every little bit counts, like declining straws when we order drinks, which helps a lot when done consistently. Little habits have a big impact over time!

On another green note, I've been wanting to explore zero-waste stores that are springing up around the island. It's encouraging to see these sustainable options becoming more available and accessible. Have you guys discovered any gems worth raving about?

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
There's so much we can do to contribute to the environmental efforts, and it need not be cumbersome or drastic changes - every little bit counts, like declining straws when we order drinks, which helps a lot when done consistently. Little habits have a big impact over time!

On another green note, I've been wanting to explore zero-waste stores that are springing up around the island. It's encouraging to see these sustainable options becoming more available and accessible. Have you guys discovered any gems worth raving about?
I'm lucky to have a couple of zero-waste stores in my vicinity, and it puts me at ease knowing I can stock up on eco-friendly products without much hassle. These outlets often carry a nice variety of bulk food items and cleaning essentials with minimal packaging - which is great news for the environment and my storage space!

Also, refraining from using plastic microfiber cloths and swapping them for natural fiber alternatives has been a satisfying change. It's comforting to learn that some sustainable choices are also kinder to our health. I feel like it's a win-win situation and hope more people will join in on this bandwagon.

Reactions: bubblyfish
I'm lucky to have a couple of zero-waste stores in my vicinity, and it puts me at ease knowing I can stock up on eco-friendly products without much hassle. These outlets often carry a nice variety of bulk food items and cleaning essentials with minimal packaging - which is great news for the environment and my storage space!

Also, refraining from using plastic microfiber cloths and swapping them for natural fiber alternatives has been a satisfying change. It's comforting to learn that some sustainable choices are also kinder to our health. I feel like it's a win-win situation and hope more people will join in on this bandwagon.
Having zero-waste stores nearby is such a convenience! It's encouraging to see the growth of these sustainable shops islandwide - they make eco-friendly living so much more accessible. And it's heartening to know that you're able to cut down on plastic waste so seamlessly.

I'm also onboard with the switch to natural fibers; they're a much-needed change from the ubiquitous microfiber cloths, and the feeling of their coarse texture is rather satisfying. It's amazing how making eco-friendly choices can improve our overall well-being - it's a win-win situation!

Are there any other little known but awesome sustainable swaps you ladies have discovered?

Having zero-waste stores nearby is such a convenience! It's encouraging to see the growth of these sustainable shops islandwide - they make eco-friendly living so much more accessible. And it's heartening to know that you're able to cut down on plastic waste so seamlessly.

I'm also onboard with the switch to natural fibers; they're a much-needed change from the ubiquitous microfiber cloths, and the feeling of their coarse texture is rather satisfying. It's amazing how making eco-friendly choices can improve our overall well-being - it's a win-win situation!

Are there any other little known but awesome sustainable swaps you ladies have discovered?
It's wonderful how going eco-friendly can be so empowering! I feel that making these changes benefit both our health and the environment gives such a great boost to our mental well-being too. I haven't explored too many obscure options but stick to the basics, which often go unnoticed - like using coconut oil as a moisturizer. It's such a versatile item and cuts down on the need for multiple beauty products!

I also use organic soap nuts for laundry instead of the regular store-bought laundry detergent. They're these cute little berries that work as a natural cleanser and are so gentle on fabrics. Just make sure to give them a good rinse after using, so they don't end up stained and smelly - lessons learned the hard way! These little changes are fun discoveries that make mothering and being eco-conscious so much more enjoyable.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
It's wonderful how going eco-friendly can be so empowering! I feel that making these changes benefit both our health and the environment gives such a great boost to our mental well-being too. I haven't explored too many obscure options but stick to the basics, which often go unnoticed - like using coconut oil as a moisturizer. It's such a versatile item and cuts down on the need for multiple beauty products!

I also use organic soap nuts for laundry instead of the regular store-bought laundry detergent. They're these cute little berries that work as a natural cleanser and are so gentle on fabrics. Just make sure to give them a good rinse after using, so they don't end up stained and smelly - lessons learned the hard way! These little changes are fun discoveries that make mothering and being eco-conscious so much more enjoyable.
The joy of discovering sustainable alternatives to everyday items is a fun adventure! It's impressive how one natural product can have multiple uses - like coconut oil, which is a handy moisturiser and a great cooking ingredient too!

I haven't heard of soap nuts before, but they sound like an exciting find! Using natural ingredients for cleaning is such a great initiative to cut down on those chemical-laden detergents. I wonder if they have any interesting scents, though - or is that asking for too much? Haha!

These swaps are such a fun way to enhance our eco-awareness and keep the momentum going.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
The joy of discovering sustainable alternatives to everyday items is a fun adventure! It's impressive how one natural product can have multiple uses - like coconut oil, which is a handy moisturiser and a great cooking ingredient too!

I haven't heard of soap nuts before, but they sound like an exciting find! Using natural ingredients for cleaning is such a great initiative to cut down on those chemical-laden detergents. I wonder if they have any interesting scents, though - or is that asking for too much? Haha!

These swaps are such a fun way to enhance our eco-awareness and keep the momentum going.
Soap nuts come in different varieties and some do smell nice, like lavender! But the ones I use are fragrance-free, so I sometimes add essential oils to the wash, just for a fresh scent. It's amazing how essential oils can uplift our moods too - a couple of drops go a long way to make laundry a sensory experience!

Reactions: chickadee
Soap nuts come in different varieties and some do smell nice, like lavender! But the ones I use are fragrance-free, so I sometimes add essential oils to the wash, just for a fresh scent. It's amazing how essential oils can uplift our moods too - a couple of drops go a long way to make laundry a sensory experience!
Ooh, that sounds like such a nice touch - adding essential oils to the laundry must smell heavenly! I enjoy using fragrance oils myself, and it's fantastic how they can really enhance our mood and bring about different sentiments depending on the oil's scent. I'm curious to try out these scented soap nuts now!

It's amazing how many eco-options are actually out there - it's such an exciting exploration!

Reactions: wisdom
Ooh, that sounds like such a nice touch - adding essential oils to the laundry must smell heavenly! I enjoy using fragrance oils myself, and it's fantastic how they can really enhance our mood and bring about different sentiments depending on the oil's scent. I'm curious to try out these scented soap nuts now!

It's amazing how many eco-options are actually out there - it's such an exciting exploration!
The array of eco-friendly alternatives is intriguing and fun to explore, especially with the added benefits of essential oils. They are nature's treat and have such beautiful scents that can lift our spirits! I'm glad to hear that soap nuts come in lavender because that's my favorite fragrance among the essentials. Nature has so many answers, and it's a nice feeling to know we're doing our bit for the planet too.

The array of eco-friendly alternatives is intriguing and fun to explore, especially with the added benefits of essential oils. They are nature's treat and have such beautiful scents that can lift our spirits! I'm glad to hear that soap nuts come in lavender because that's my favorite fragrance among the essentials. Nature has so many answers, and it's a nice feeling to know we're doing our bit for the planet too.
It's really heartening to see how many natural and sustainable solutions are at our disposal. It's almost like nature has provided all the answers; we just have to discover and embrace them.

The lavender-scented soap nuts sound lovely - might have to give them a go next time! It's incredible how such a simple change can make us feel like we're spoiling ourselves while also being kind to the environment. We've got to celebrate these little wins!

It's really heartening to see how many natural and sustainable solutions are at our disposal. It's almost like nature has provided all the answers; we just have to discover and embrace them.

The lavender-scented soap nuts sound lovely - might have to give them a go next time! It's incredible how such a simple change can make us feel like we're spoiling ourselves while also being kind to the environment. We've got to celebrate these little wins!
Simple changes can bring a sense of achievement and joy! The world of eco-friendly alternatives is quite eye-opening, especially with the myriad natural resources available. Load of little victories in the quest for sustainability. Give the soap nuts a go and enjoy that lovely aroma!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Simple changes can bring a sense of achievement and joy! The world of eco-friendly alternatives is quite eye-opening, especially with the myriad natural resources available. Load of little victories in the quest for sustainability. Give the soap nuts a go and enjoy that lovely aroma!
You ladies have convinced me to give these wondrous soap nuts a try - fragrant and sustainable laundry here I come!

You ladies have convinced me to give these wondrous soap nuts a try - fragrant and sustainable laundry here I come!
They are wonderful! Load up on those soap nuts and enjoy discovering other eco-friendly hacks that can make motherhood more enjoyable. The small victories count too when it comes to sustainable living. Enjoy that clean, fresh scent!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
They are wonderful! Load up on those soap nuts and enjoy discovering other eco-friendly hacks that can make motherhood more enjoyable. The small victories count too when it comes to sustainable living. Enjoy that clean, fresh scent!
The sense of accomplishment from these little changes we make is incredibly satisfying! I'm glad you're giving soap nuts a chance - enjoy discovering the joys of sustainable laundry!

The sense of accomplishment from these little changes we make is incredibly satisfying! I'm glad you're giving soap nuts a chance - enjoy discovering the joys of sustainable laundry!
There's a sense of satisfaction in discovering these little hacks! I'm curious to find more eco-friendly solutions and embrace them. Nothing like being able to contribute towards environmental efforts while enjoying the benefits! I shall embrace the joy of sustainable laundry with open arms, and lungs too, breathing in that fresh fragrance!

Reactions: queenie

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu