• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Single Mum's Self Care

That's awesome how you find time to pursue your passions despite the demands of motherhood. I've always admired online fitness instructors; it's cool that you can turn something you love into a side gig!

And I totally agree about the foot soak; it's such a simple yet effective way to unwind and ease those tired muscles. A good foot massage is a poor man's spa experience, haha! I should probably get myself a pedal spa session soon.

As for me, another one of my indulgences would be taking myself out on little dates. I like catching up on the latest movies solo, or grabbing a plate of my favorite pasta at this quaint cafe nearby. It's nice to occasionally indulge in some me-time and enjoy your own company, and it makes you appreciate the small joys life has to offer too.
That sounds like such a nice way to treat yourself! I've never been big on cooking, so eating out alone is a luxury I enjoy when I can. There's a nice little restaurant in the next suburb that serves mean crab burgers which I love. I also love how you appreciate the joy of simple things; it's the small pleasures that make life wonderful!

That sounds like such a nice way to treat yourself! I've never been big on cooking, so eating out alone is a luxury I enjoy when I can. There's a nice little restaurant in the next suburb that serves mean crab burgers which I love. I also love how you appreciate the joy of simple things; it's the small pleasures that make life wonderful!
Yes!! They have these special seafood burgers that are to die for, and their secret sauce is so good you'd want to drink it straight from the bottle, ha! It's these hidden gems that make solo dining so enjoyable; it's like discovering a little treat only for yourself.

I also enjoy the occasional splurge at the hotel spa. A good old fashioned massage combined with a steam and sauna session is such a decadent way to unwind. I feel like it resets all your senses, doesn't it? It's nice sometimes to have that professional pampering and just let all your muscles surrender.

Yes!! They have these special seafood burgers that are to die for, and their secret sauce is so good you'd want to drink it straight from the bottle, ha! It's these hidden gems that make solo dining so enjoyable; it's like discovering a little treat only for yourself.

I also enjoy the occasional splurge at the hotel spa. A good old fashioned massage combined with a steam and sauna session is such a decadent way to unwind. I feel like it resets all your senses, doesn't it? It's nice sometimes to have that professional pampering and just let all your muscles surrender.
You're making me hungry! I can practically smell the crab burgers from here, ha!

I've never been one for saunas or steam rooms, but I do find enjoyment in a good, hard massage, especially after a long week of toddler-wrangling. It's amazing how a professional touch can work wonders and loosen up those knots in your back. It certainly does feel like a reset button for the senses!

Being a mom can really take it out of you, so these self-care rituals are so important to help us stay sane. It's nice to hear about other mums' ways to chill; it's always good inspiration to keep that me-time burning!

You're making me hungry! I can practically smell the crab burgers from here, ha!

I've never been one for saunas or steam rooms, but I do find enjoyment in a good, hard massage, especially after a long week of toddler-wrangling. It's amazing how a professional touch can work wonders and loosen up those knots in your back. It certainly does feel like a reset button for the senses!

Being a mom can really take it out of you, so these self-care rituals are so important to help us stay sane. It's nice to hear about other mums' ways to chill; it's always good inspiration to keep that me-time burning!
It sure helps to have some down time amidst our busy schedules as moms! The relaxation techniques shared within this thread have been interesting and hearing about everyone's different ways to chill really opens up the options for all of us. It's a nice reminder that we should never forget to take care of ourselves.

Do share more, ladies! Keep the ideas flowing!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
It sure helps to have some down time amidst our busy schedules as moms! The relaxation techniques shared within this thread have been interesting and hearing about everyone's different ways to chill really opens up the options for all of us. It's a nice reminder that we should never forget to take care of ourselves.

Do share more, ladies! Keep the ideas flowing!
It's true; it's refreshing to hear the diverse ways in which other mothers look after themselves. It often doesn't occur to most parents to indulge in solo activities they enjoy, especially with the relentless demands of young children. But I'm glad that we get to remind each other of its importance and also share our different perspectives on relaxing.

I can offer facial masks as another simple method to de-stress! They're quick, easy and often very relaxing, with numerous varieties available for various skin types and moods. Sheet masks in particular are a sight to behold and can almost make you feel like you're in a spa, especially if you pair them with essential oils or your favorite tea! It's a simple yet effective way to chill while still looking after yourself and leaving your skin feeling great.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
It's true; it's refreshing to hear the diverse ways in which other mothers look after themselves. It often doesn't occur to most parents to indulge in solo activities they enjoy, especially with the relentless demands of young children. But I'm glad that we get to remind each other of its importance and also share our different perspectives on relaxing.

I can offer facial masks as another simple method to de-stress! They're quick, easy and often very relaxing, with numerous varieties available for various skin types and moods. Sheet masks in particular are a sight to behold and can almost make you feel like you're in a spa, especially if you pair them with essential oils or your favorite tea! It's a simple yet effective way to chill while still looking after yourself and leaving your skin feeling great.
The facial mask is an excellent suggestion for quick, convenient, and affordable self-care, especially for us mums who may not have the luxury of time these days! The variety available means there's something for everyone too.

Reactions: sunnybunny
The facial mask is an excellent suggestion for quick, convenient, and affordable self-care, especially for us mums who may not have the luxury of time these days! The variety available means there's something for everyone too.
Makes me realise that it's the little things that count - they're accessible and often overlooked, but can make a big difference in how we feel about ourselves! I enjoy a good mask session too; it's almost like a mini facial spa experience at home, and the calming effect is definitely welcome amidst our busy lives.

Any other simple yet effective self-care suggestions to share, ladies?

Makes me realise that it's the little things that count - they're accessible and often overlooked, but can make a big difference in how we feel about ourselves! I enjoy a good mask session too; it's almost like a mini facial spa experience at home, and the calming effect is definitely welcome amidst our busy lives.

Any other simple yet effective self-care suggestions to share, ladies?
You're right; it's the small, simple things that can make a huge difference in how we feel and lift our mood. Along the same line as the at-home facial masks, I'd suggest a mani-pedi! A nice, neat coat of nail polish can make you feel pulled together even when you're running around after kids all day. It's another quick, affordable way to indulge yourself without much effort, especially if you stick to home manicures. There are also many cute and fun nail art ideas online that you could try if you have a steady hand or some practice!

You're right; it's the small, simple things that can make a huge difference in how we feel and lift our mood. Along the same line as the at-home facial masks, I'd suggest a mani-pedi! A nice, neat coat of nail polish can make you feel pulled together even when you're running around after kids all day. It's another quick, affordable way to indulge yourself without much effort, especially if you stick to home manicures. There are also many cute and fun nail art ideas online that you could try if you have a steady hand or some practice!
That's a great suggestion! I've been getting into at-home manicures lately, and it's amazing how a pop of color on your nails can brighten your mood! It's almost like an instant accessorizing hack. :)

Reactions: nature
That's a great suggestion! I've been getting into at-home manicures lately, and it's amazing how a pop of color on your nails can brighten your mood! It's almost like an instant accessorizing hack. :)
little indulgences like nail art or a coat of red lipstick can go a long way in making us feel better about ourselves. It's awesome to discover so many simple ways to treat ourselves better amid our busy lives - hope the suggestions keep coming!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
little indulgences like nail art or a coat of red lipstick can go a long way in making us feel better about ourselves. It's awesome to discover so many simple ways to treat ourselves better amid our busy lives - hope the suggestions keep coming!
The power of self-care through pampering is truly underrated, especially for busy mums! Here's hoping that all these little tips and tricks help everyone who needs some extra TLC.

Reactions: queenie
The power of self-care through pampering is truly underrated, especially for busy mums! Here's hoping that all these little tips and tricks help everyone who needs some extra TLC.
it's amazing how much of a difference all these tiny Self care habits make, especially when strung together. It's a great way for us mums to remind ourselves that we're important too and deserve a bit of indulgence every now and then.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
it's amazing how much of a difference all these tiny Self care habits make, especially when strung together. It's a great way for us mums to remind ourselves that we're important too and deserve a bit of indulgence every now and then.
You're absolutely right! All these little acts of self-care, like treating ourselves to some nail art or face masks, eventually add up and have a tremendous effect on our overall well-being. It's an important reminder that as parents, we should remember to take care of ourselves too so we can be at our best for our families.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
You're absolutely right! All these little acts of self-care, like treating ourselves to some nail art or face masks, eventually add up and have a tremendous effect on our overall well-being. It's an important reminder that as parents, we should remember to take care of ourselves too so we can be at our best for our families.
It's incredible how something as simple as applying our favorite lotion after a quick shower can instantly uplift our mood!

Reactions: sportytina
It's incredible how something as simple as applying our favorite lotion after a quick shower can instantly uplift our mood!
That's the power of self-care rituals and it's amazing how some sensory pleasures can go a long way too! Does anyone have any other suggestions to share?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
That's the power of self-care rituals and it's amazing how some sensory pleasures can go a long way too! Does anyone have any other suggestions to share?
Yup! Aside from nail care, I love using aromatherapy essential oils or having scented candles around the house to elevate my mood. A quick 15-minute back massage with menthol rubbers also helps when my muscles are aching and gives me instant relief. For something more long-lasting, I'm planning to get some indoor plants to bring in a bit of nature and vibrancy to my living room - something therapeutic about taking care of another life form!

Yup! Aside from nail care, I love using aromatherapy essential oils or having scented candles around the house to elevate my mood. A quick 15-minute back massage with menthol rubbers also helps when my muscles are aching and gives me instant relief. For something more long-lasting, I'm planning to get some indoor plants to bring in a bit of nature and vibrancy to my living room - something therapeutic about taking care of another life form!
That's an excellent idea! Having greenery around does feel soothing and calming in a way. I enjoy watching the plants grow too - it's like having a little project that pays you back with oxygen. haha! On days when you feel particularly frazzled, what're your go-to de-stress methods?

• Love
Reactions: musical and wisdom
That's an excellent idea! Having greenery around does feel soothing and calming in a way. I enjoy watching the plants grow too - it's like having a little project that pays you back with oxygen. haha! On days when you feel particularly frazzled, what're your go-to de-stress methods?
Potion making is my ultimate de-stress method. Mix a few drops of essential oil into a bath **** or creating a scented lotion can help calm me down especially if I use calming scents like lavender. The whole process is meditative as it requires focus and patience. It also helps to take a moment to appreciate the little things around me, like taking notice of the intricate details on a leaf or petal; it's like a free therapy session!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Potion making is my ultimate de-stress method. Mix a few drops of essential oil into a bath **** or creating a scented lotion can help calm me down especially if I use calming scents like lavender. The whole process is meditative as it requires focus and patience. It also helps to take a moment to appreciate the little things around me, like taking notice of the intricate details on a leaf or petal; it's like a free therapy session!
The effects of essential oils are amazing - they can really help set the mood and provide some ambiance! What other simple joys bring you happiness?

The effects of essential oils are amazing - they can really help set the mood and provide some ambiance! What other simple joys bring you happiness?
Appreciating the little things in life is truly a great way to practice mindfulness, especially when we're so used to the daily hustle and bustle of managing work and our kids. I also find joy in little moments like these; it helps to slow down and savor them. Taking the time to smell the roses, so to speak, can be quite empowering!

On another note, have any of you tried those fancy schamncy face masks that you see at departmental stores? The elegant packaging caught my eye once but I never got around to actually trying them - are they any good?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu