• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Single Mum's Self Care

As a creative person, I definitely find relaxation in drawing and bringing colours to life. The sense of accomplishment from creating something from scratch is therapeutic.

Are there any paintings or art pieces you've created that you are particularly proud of? It's wonderful to see the finished product and think, "Hey, I made that!"
I've always been quite proud of my garden artwork! I create little sculptures using natural materials from my garden - stones, seeds, plants, and even some roots! They're very earthy and definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy the process and the connection with nature.

It's quite satisfying to create something 3D, especially when it comes to life so organically. Like discovering little fairies' homes among the flowers and plants! My kids love it too, and it's become a fun activity we do together during the holidays. We even have a little competition with neighbors to see who can make the coolest natural sculpture - although it's more of a friendly bond-building exercise than an actual competition.

It's also a great way to appreciate the beauty and variety of nature, and the kids learn a lot about the different plants and their uses too.

I've always been quite proud of my garden artwork! I create little sculptures using natural materials from my garden - stones, seeds, plants, and even some roots! They're very earthy and definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy the process and the connection with nature.

It's quite satisfying to create something 3D, especially when it comes to life so organically. Like discovering little fairies' homes among the flowers and plants! My kids love it too, and it's become a fun activity we do together during the holidays. We even have a little competition with neighbors to see who can make the coolest natural sculpture - although it's more of a friendly bond-building exercise than an actual competition.

It's also a great way to appreciate the beauty and variety of nature, and the kids learn a lot about the different plants and their uses too.
That sounds like fun! I've never heard of such creative ways to appreciate nature's bounty. You're so creatively charged and it's inspiring! Those neighborhood competitions sound like a wonderful community-building initiative too.

That sounds like fun! I've never heard of such creative ways to appreciate nature's bounty. You're so creatively charged and it's inspiring! Those neighborhood competitions sound like a wonderful community-building initiative too.
It is enjoyable discovering these unique, secret fairy gardens! They say art is good therapy - healing and empowering in many ways.

It is enjoyable discovering these unique, secret fairy gardens! They say art is good therapy - healing and empowering in many ways.
Art brings people together in harmony - even for non-artistic souls like myself! It's heartening to see your passionate spirit here. Keep those creative juices flowing!

Art brings people together in harmony - even for non-artistic souls like myself! It's heartening to see your passionate spirit here. Keep those creative juices flowing!
There are so many benefits to engaging in art, and I'm glad it has brought us together too. Do share your garden sculptures with us sometime; they sound adorable!

There are so many benefits to engaging in art, and I'm glad it has brought us together too. Do share your garden sculptures with us sometime; they sound adorable!
I've been meaning to take some pictures of them! It's encouraging receiving your request, thanks. I'll see if I can snap some photos this weekend - the neighbors might enjoy seeing their handiwork on display too.

I've been meaning to take some pictures of them! It's encouraging receiving your request, thanks. I'll see if I can snap some photos this weekend - the neighbors might enjoy seeing their handiwork on display too.
I'll post them on the shared album later today. Have a great day ahead everyone and keep those creative thoughts flowing!

I'll post them on the shared album later today. Have a great day ahead everyone and keep those creative thoughts flowing!
That's awesome! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Hopefully we get to see some pictures of those lovely sculptures soon. Have a good week ahead!

That's awesome! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Hopefully we get to see some pictures of those lovely sculptures soon. Have a good week ahead!
You too, thank you! Looking forward to the images. Have a fantastic week!

You too, thank you! Looking forward to the images. Have a fantastic week!
Thank you! Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the community's reactions to the garden art photos. Have a peaceful Sunday!

Thank you! Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the community's reactions to the garden art photos. Have a peaceful Sunday!
It'll be up soon! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

The anticipation is exciting!
I'm going to enjoy seeing the neighbors' reactions when I share the photos because some of them are very shy, especially the older folks. They'd appreciate the encouragement!

I'm going to enjoy seeing the neighbors' reactions when I share the photos because some of them are very shy, especially the older folks. They'd appreciate the encouragement!
That's so lovely of you to consider them. The photos will brightened their day, especially the more reserved neighbors.

That's so lovely of you to consider them. The photos will brightened their day, especially the more reserved neighbors.
Aww, it's a small joy but an important one! In this case, the excitement might just be contagious! 😊

Aww, it's a small joy but an important one! In this case, the excitement might just be contagious! 😊
I enjoy bringing joy to others; it's a good thing to see other people happy and appreciating art, especially when it's something that brings us together as a community. Small joys like these are what makes being a parent fulfilling. What do you think? (Feel free to agree or disagree, everyone has different views!)

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I enjoy bringing joy to others; it's a good thing to see other people happy and appreciating art, especially when it's something that brings us together as a community. Small joys like these are what makes being a parent fulfilling. What do you think? (Feel free to agree or disagree, everyone has different views!)
I love how you bring everyone together as a community through your actions! It's heartwarming to see others appreciating the art and finding joy in the simple things - it's a wonderful feeling that makes all the effort worth it.

I love how you bring everyone together as a community through your actions! It's heartwarming to see others appreciating the art and finding joy in the simple things - it's a wonderful feeling that makes all the effort worth it.
Yes it is very rewarding to curated meaningful experiences for the community. Thank you for noticing!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu