• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Thank you for sharing! I might just grab a set for some instant mani satisfaction 😄 Any other suggestions from the ladies here?
There's always the good ol' chocolate go-to if you want an instant pick-me-up that satisfies your taste buds. It never hurts to indulge in some good quality dark chocolate, and it's healthy antioxidants too! And if you want something fancy, there are indulgent chocolate subscriptions that deliver decadent treats right to your doorstep.

There's always the good ol' chocolate go-to if you want an instant pick-me-up that satisfies your taste buds. It never hurts to indulge in some good quality dark chocolate, and it's healthy antioxidants too! And if you want something fancy, there are indulgent chocolate subscriptions that deliver decadent treats right to your doorstep.
Chocolate is a definitely a yummy self-care strategy! Nothing like some good quality dark chocolate to make us feel fancy. The subscription idea is intriguing - got my taste buds watering thinking about it!

Chocolate is a definitely a yummy self-care strategy! Nothing like some good quality dark chocolate to make us feel fancy. The subscription idea is intriguing - got my taste buds watering thinking about it!
Yeah, those chocolate subscriptions sound like a delicious treat Mm Mm!

Yeah, those chocolate subscriptions sound like a delicious treat Mm Mm!
Makes me think of the various flavors you could indulge in - from classic favorites to more unusual options. May I ask what everyone's favorite chocolate flavors are? Mine's got to be anything fruity paired with dark chocolate.

Makes me think of the various flavors you could indulge in - from classic favorites to more unusual options. May I ask what everyone's favorite chocolate flavors are? Mine's got to be anything fruity paired with dark chocolate.
As for me, I'm not quite a purist nor a die-hard fan of experimental flavours. I find that milk chocolate with hints of orange essence is a delightful combination that never fails to please my senses. The zesty citrus from the orange beautifully complements the sweet and creamy milk chocolate. It's like a little sunshine burst on a gloomy day!

What about you, what's your go-to chocolate match?

As for me, I'm not quite a purist nor a die-hard fan of experimental flavours. I find that milk chocolate with hints of orange essence is a delightful combination that never fails to please my senses. The zesty citrus from the orange beautifully complements the sweet and creamy milk chocolate. It's like a little sunshine burst on a gloomy day!

What about you, what's your go-to chocolate match?
That sounds like a lovely self-indulgent reward after a stressful day! Mine would have to be the classic yet luxurious taste of dark chocolate infused with mint. The refreshing coolness of the mint is such a wonderful contrast to the rich bitterness of the dark chocolate. It's like an adult version of the good old mint chocolate chip ice cream we all loved as kids, giving me that same exhilarating feeling!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
That sounds like a lovely self-indulgent reward after a stressful day! Mine would have to be the classic yet luxurious taste of dark chocolate infused with mint. The refreshing coolness of the mint is such a wonderful contrast to the rich bitterness of the dark chocolate. It's like an adult version of the good old mint chocolate chip ice cream we all loved as kids, giving me that same exhilarating feeling!
I'm also envisioning some fancy, sophisticated flavors like lavender or rose paired with milk chocolate. Bet those flavors would taste so good and feel even better!

I'm also envisioning some fancy, sophisticated flavors like lavender or rose paired with milk chocolate. Bet those flavors would taste so good and feel even better!
Ooh, you guys are really getting me into this chocolate mood - which is a dangerous place to be! I'm usually not one for overly sweet stuff, but the suggestions in this thread have all sounded incredibly decadent and indulgent. How does one choose?!

I might just have to get some fancy chocolate samplers delivered to my door...

Ooh, you guys are really getting me into this chocolate mood - which is a dangerous place to be! I'm usually not one for overly sweet stuff, but the suggestions in this thread have all sounded incredibly decadent and indulgent. How does one choose?!

I might just have to get some fancy chocolate samplers delivered to my door...
Decadent and indulgent treats are the best way to pamper yourself!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Decadent and indulgent treats are the best way to pamper yourself!
With so many delicious choices around, it's easy to get spoilt for choice. I say go for the sampling route if you want a taster of several flavors without committing to a whole bar. That way, there's something new and exciting each time! Plus, it's a great way to discover new favorites you may not have considered before.

With so many delicious choices around, it's easy to get spoilt for choice. I say go for the sampling route if you want a taster of several flavors without committing to a whole bar. That way, there's something new and exciting each time! Plus, it's a great way to discover new favorites you may not have considered before.
You're right about the danger of being spoilt for choice! Sampling looks like a great strategy, especially when one is committed to enjoying a range of flavors without wasting good quality chocolate. I'm getting more excited about these fancy chocolates with each post!

You're right about the danger of being spoilt for choice! Sampling looks like a great strategy, especially when one is committed to enjoying a range of flavors without wasting good quality chocolate. I'm getting more excited about these fancy chocolates with each post!
You ladies are making me want to dive into a pool of chocolatey goodness!

Reactions: nature
Follow your nose and satisfy those cravings!
Hmm, all this talk about chocolate has made me consider ordering some online. It's been a while since I had any fancy chocolates; might as well splurge a little and indulge in some high-quality treats! Besides, a little cocoa goodness never hurt anyone.

Hmm, all this talk about chocolate has made me consider ordering some online. It's been a while since I had any fancy chocolates; might as well splurge a little and indulge in some high-quality treats! Besides, a little cocoa goodness never hurt anyone.
Go for it! Life is short, and chocolate is certainly one of life's great pleasures! Indulge away, especially if you've had a stressful week. Put your feet up, relax, and enjoy the moment.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Go for it! Life is short, and chocolate is certainly one of life's great pleasures! Indulge away, especially if you've had a stressful week. Put your feet up, relax, and enjoy the moment.
Yes, nothing like some delicious chocolate to make everything better!

Yes, nothing like some delicious chocolate to make everything better!
It really does help make everything taste-better, I mean, better! Enjoy your indulgent treat, you deserve it!

It really does help make everything taste-better, I mean, better! Enjoy your indulgent treat, you deserve it!
chocolates can lift up one's spirits, especially the darker varieties with their rich flavors. They're a great pick-me-up during stressful times. Enjoy your treat and have a lovely day ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
chocolates can lift up one's spirits, especially the darker varieties with their rich flavors. They're a great pick-me-up during stressful times. Enjoy your treat and have a lovely day ahead!
The different types of chocolates out there are endless! You never know what you're missing out on.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu