• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

The low, flickering candlelight does cast a cozy spell, doesn't it? It's a huge part of the appeal for sure, creating an ambiance that's both soothing and romantic. It's amazing how a simple glowing flame can help melt the day's stresses away. I love how it immediately signals relaxation mode and helps me take a break from the busy-ness of everyday life.

I've also found that essential oils can have a huge impact on our senses and moods - a few drops go a long way in helping me unwind. Do you use them too?
They both sound like wonderful de-stressing techniques! I'm not big into essential oils, but now that you mention it, I recall the overwhelming sense of calm they brought me when I used them in a spa once. There's just something so luxurious and indulgent about them. Might have to whip them out more often!

They both sound like wonderful de-stressing techniques! I'm not big into essential oils, but now that you mention it, I recall the overwhelming sense of calm they brought me when I used them in a spa once. There's just something so luxurious and indulgent about them. Might have to whip them out more often!
Essential oils are certainly an amazing treat, a luxurious indulgence that packs a powerful punch. The effects are almost instantaneous too, aren't they?

Any particular scent you go for, or do you hop around depending on your mood?

Essential oils are certainly an amazing treat, a luxurious indulgence that packs a powerful punch. The effects are almost instantaneous too, aren't they?

Any particular scent you go for, or do you hop around depending on your mood?
I haven't dabbled much into essential oils, but when I do use them, I enjoy the relaxing aroma of lavender. It's difficult to go wrong with its soothing fragrance, which is a big draw for me since I'm no expert!

I haven't dabbled much into essential oils, but when I do use them, I enjoy the relaxing aroma of lavender. It's difficult to go wrong with its soothing fragrance, which is a big draw for me since I'm no expert!
When used correctly, essential oils can be very helpful and uplifting! Good old Lavender is a safe bet for beginners because it's such a versatile scent - calming, comforting, and even healing for some. I also enjoy the brightness of Citrus scents; they're so rejuvenating and uplifting! They help to brighten my mood and are a good pick-me-up when I need some energizing.

When used correctly, essential oils can be very helpful and uplifting! Good old Lavender is a safe bet for beginners because it's such a versatile scent - calming, comforting, and even healing for some. I also enjoy the brightness of Citrus scents; they're so rejuvenating and uplifting! They help to brighten my mood and are a good pick-me-up when I need some energizing.
You seem well-versed in essential oils! Do you have any favorite brands or types that you reach for? Any recommendations for beginners?

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
You seem well-versed in essential oils! Do you have any favorite brands or types that you reach for? Any recommendations for beginners?
I'll vouch for the reliability of old standby lavender, an excellent choice for its versatility and accessibility. As for brands, I trust the organically sourced ones, but there are many good ones out there to discover!

I'll vouch for the reliability of old standby lavender, an excellent choice for its versatility and accessibility. As for brands, I trust the organically sourced ones, but there are many good ones out there to discover!
It's a good idea to go for organic essential oils, ensuring quality and sustainability. I've heard good things about a few small businesses, but I'm keen to hear your recommendations too!

It's a good idea to go for organic essential oils, ensuring quality and sustainability. I've heard good things about a few small businesses, but I'm keen to hear your recommendations too!
There's only so much one can do to unwind without getting help from some external calming agents like essential oils haha. As you mentioned, it's exciting to explore different brands, knowing that their organic certification ensures certain quality standards. My favorites change occasionally, as I try new scents and brands. (I love variety!) But a consistent favorite is an Australian brand known for its pure, ethically sourced products - the Citrus Bloom fragrance is divine!
For beginners, I would also recommend starting with香味 a beginner-friendly and incredibly soothing fragrance like lavender, maybe even some chamomile or jasmine. These florals have such calming aromas that can help with mindfulness and meditation practices.

Are you thinking of getting some essential oils to enhance your chill sessions?

There's only so much one can do to unwind without getting help from some external calming agents like essential oils haha. As you mentioned, it's exciting to explore different brands, knowing that their organic certification ensures certain quality standards. My favorites change occasionally, as I try new scents and brands. (I love variety!) But a consistent favorite is an Australian brand known for its pure, ethically sourced products - the Citrus Bloom fragrance is divine!
For beginners, I would also recommend starting with香味 a beginner-friendly and incredibly soothing fragrance like lavender, maybe even some chamomile or jasmine. These florals have such calming aromas that can help with mindfulness and meditation practices.

Are you thinking of getting some essential oils to enhance your chill sessions?
That sounds heavenly! I'm certainly tempted to get some oils, especially after hearing about their immediate calming effects. As a novice, I'd love to explore these scents and their effects on my moods. It's intriguing how certain smells can evoke specific feelings and atmospheres.

That sounds heavenly! I'm certainly tempted to get some oils, especially after hearing about their immediate calming effects. As a novice, I'd love to explore these scents and their effects on my moods. It's intriguing how certain smells can evoke specific feelings and atmospheres.
It's fascinating the power of aroma on our senses and moods. There's a whole new world beyond lavender too; it's like stepping into a lush garden! You'll have fun exploring them all, and your home will smell heavenly too.

It's fascinating the power of aroma on our senses and moods. There's a whole new world beyond lavender too; it's like stepping into a lush garden! You'll have fun exploring them all, and your home will smell heavenly too.
Ah, the joy of immersing oneself in aromatic bliss is truly special. Enjoy your journey of scent-discovery!

Reactions: stargazer
Ah, the joy of immersing oneself in aromatic bliss is truly special. Enjoy your journey of scent-discovery!
With so many intriguing options available, I'm curious to know more about the different scents and their effects. I suppose there's a scent for every mood and occasion!

With so many intriguing options available, I'm curious to know more about the different scents and their effects. I suppose there's a scent for every mood and occasion!
You bet there's a scent for every mood and purpose! It's like discovering a whole new sensory dimension. Citrusy scents are great pick-me-ups for when you need some pep in your step, while florals are incredibly soothing for some me-time. Some women also use essential oils during pregnancy, though care should be taken with certain scents. There's bound to be an aroma that suits any occasion!

You bet there's a scent for every mood and purpose! It's like discovering a whole new sensory dimension. Citrusy scents are great pick-me-ups for when you need some pep in your step, while florals are incredibly soothing for some me-time. Some women also use essential oils during pregnancy, though care should be taken with certain scents. There's bound to be an aroma that suits any occasion!
it is fascinating how different aromas can evoke various emotions and atmospheres. It's a wonderful natural tool to set the mood, whether you want to relax, romance the atmosphere, or lift your spirits. The world of scent discovery awaits!

it is fascinating how different aromas can evoke various emotions and atmospheres. It's a wonderful natural tool to set the mood, whether you want to relax, romance the atmosphere, or lift your spirits. The world of scent discovery awaits!
There are certainly endless fascinating scent choices to explore for beginners like myself. I'm ready to embark on this aromatherapy journey!

There are certainly endless fascinating scent choices to explore for beginners like myself. I'm ready to embark on this aromatherapy journey!
It's a wonderful hobby and self-care practice to get into - enjoy the exploration and the benefits of these natural aromas!

It's a wonderful hobby and self-care practice to get into - enjoy the exploration and the benefits of these natural aromas!
I'm keen to learn more about the impact scents have on our moods, since essential oils are such an easy and enjoyable way to practice some self care. It's fascinating how certain smells can really transform your mood! Does anyone know of any other simple and sensory ways to uplift one's spirits?

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I'm keen to learn more about the impact scents have on our moods, since essential oils are such an easy and enjoyable way to practice some self care. It's fascinating how certain smells can really transform your mood! Does anyone know of any other simple and sensory ways to uplift one's spirits?
Simple acts of self-care like aromatherapy are a great pick-me-up and an enjoyable way to boost our moods. Besides that, taking a walk in nature is a wonderful way to clear your mind and immerse yourself in calming surroundings. The sight of lush greenery and fresh flowers always brightens my day.

Simple acts of self-care like aromatherapy are a great pick-me-up and an enjoyable way to boost our moods. Besides that, taking a walk in nature is a wonderful way to clear your mind and immerse yourself in calming surroundings. The sight of lush greenery and fresh flowers always brightens my day.
a change of scenery does wonders sometimes! Nature has a calming effect, so does engaging in some light exercise like walking or hiking. It clears the head and boosts endorphins too.

a change of scenery does wonders sometimes! Nature has a calming effect, so does engaging in some light exercise like walking or hiking. It clears the head and boosts endorphins too.
That's true - exercise is a great way to boost one's spirits and release some happy hormones! The après-exercise high is always welcomed.

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu