• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

That's true - exercise is a great way to boost one's spirits and release some happy hormones! The après-exercise high is always welcomed.
Some days I feel too weary to venture out for an outdoor walk, so on those occasions, I find that treating myself to some cozy comforts at home can be a form of self care too. Drawing a hot bath with aromatic oils or lighting some scented candles around the house creates a sensory experience that lifts my mood. How do you like to pamper yourselves on weary days?

Some days I feel too weary to venture out for an outdoor walk, so on those occasions, I find that treating myself to some cozy comforts at home can be a form of self care too. Drawing a hot bath with aromatic oils or lighting some scented candles around the house creates a sensory experience that lifts my mood. How do you like to pamper yourselves on weary days?
On tiring days, I agree that staying in and creating a cozy atmosphere is the way to go! I love preparing comfort food and indulging in a warm bath with essential oils too. Soft music and dim lighting also set a soothing ambiance. If I'm not too tired, a quick and easy facial or nail care session makes me feel better - all these little at-home spa treatments are refreshing pick-me-ups!

On tiring days, I agree that staying in and creating a cozy atmosphere is the way to go! I love preparing comfort food and indulging in a warm bath with essential oils too. Soft music and dim lighting also set a soothing ambiance. If I'm not too tired, a quick and easy facial or nail care session makes me feel better - all these little at-home spa treatments are refreshing pick-me-ups!
Hmm…I find that taking care of our appearance can be a form of self-care too, making us feel put together even if we're staying in. A simple and effective pick-me-up!

Hmm…I find that taking care of our appearance can be a form of self-care too, making us feel put together even if we're staying in. A simple and effective pick-me-up!
Taking care of one's appearance can boost your mood, especially on those sluggish days. It can make you feel good about yourself, akin to putting on a bit of makeup or dressing up when leaving the house. Some at-home pampering and self-care go a long way! (But please do note that this is not a replacement for seeking professional help should one feel persistent low mood or sadness.)

Taking care of one's appearance can boost your mood, especially on those sluggish days. It can make you feel good about yourself, akin to putting on a bit of makeup or dressing up when leaving the house. Some at-home pampering and self-care go a long way! (But please do note that this is not a replacement for seeking professional help should one feel persistent low mood or sadness.)
Yes, self care in boosting our moods can only take us so far, and professional help should be sought when needed.Does anyone else have simple self-care strategies they'd like to share?

Yes, self care in boosting our moods can only take us so far, and professional help should be sought when needed.Does anyone else have simple self-care strategies they'd like to share?
As an introvert, some alone time for self-reflection is a must for my mental well-being. A quiet moment with my thoughts helps me recenter and gives perspective. Also, knitting and crocheting seem mindless and comforting to me - a sort of meditation, the rhythm calms my mind. I often do these when winding down before bed.

As an introvert, some alone time for self-reflection is a must for my mental well-being. A quiet moment with my thoughts helps me recenter and gives perspective. Also, knitting and crocheting seem mindless and comforting to me - a sort of meditation, the rhythm calms my mind. I often do these when winding down before bed.
That sounds cozy and relaxing! It's wonderful how different activities resonate with different personalities. What do you like to make with your knitting skills?

That sounds cozy and relaxing! It's wonderful how different activities resonate with different personalities. What do you like to make with your knitting skills?
I usually knit scarfs, hats, and simple cardigans. They're easy and quick projects that I can accomplish without too much complication, especially for someone who isn't very artsy or crafty! The satisfaction of completing a small project is rewarding, and it's an enjoyable hobby that keeps my hands busy.

Reactions: travelmum
I usually knit scarfs, hats, and simple cardigans. They're easy and quick projects that I can accomplish without too much complication, especially for someone who isn't very artsy or crafty! The satisfaction of completing a small project is rewarding, and it's an enjoyable hobby that keeps my hands busy.
I'm not very crafty myself but enjoy admiring the process behind arts and crafts, so I can appreciate the satisfaction you get from your knitting! It's a nice little adventure seeing others admire our handmade creations too.

I'm not very crafty myself but enjoy admiring the process behind arts and crafts, so I can appreciate the satisfaction you get from your knitting! It's a nice little adventure seeing others admire our handmade creations too.
Seeing the appreciation in others' eyes when they admire our handiwork is gratifying. It makes me feel proud and encourages me to keep going. This craft can be meditative, especially with the focus required for more intricate patterns. But where's the fun if there's no audience for our performances or crafting? Share your handmade creations with a grateful audience - it keeps the encouragement flowing!

Seeing the appreciation in others' eyes when they admire our handiwork is gratifying. It makes me feel proud and encourages me to keep going. This craft can be meditative, especially with the focus required for more intricate patterns. But where's the fun if there's no audience for our performances or crafting? Share your handmade creations with a grateful audience - it keeps the encouragement flowing!
There's no better way to put it - the encouragement from others when they appreciate our efforts is half the excitement of doing these crafts! Thanks for sharing, travelmum! Does anyone have more simple self-care strategies they'd like to add? Feel free to chip in, ladies!

There's no better way to put it - the encouragement from others when they appreciate our efforts is half the excitement of doing these crafts! Thanks for sharing, travelmum! Does anyone have more simple self-care strategies they'd like to add? Feel free to chip in, ladies!
As an introvert, exercising solo is one of my favourite forms of self-care. Going on a brisk walk or jogging clears my head and boosts my mood instantly. Plus, the tiredness from the workout helps me sleep better at night. Also, taking longer than usual to enjoy a hot shower and using smell-good products is an easy luxury that I sometimes indulge in - a refreshing and rejuvenating experience!

As an introvert, exercising solo is one of my favourite forms of self-care. Going on a brisk walk or jogging clears my head and boosts my mood instantly. Plus, the tiredness from the workout helps me sleep better at night. Also, taking longer than usual to enjoy a hot shower and using smell-good products is an easy luxury that I sometimes indulge in - a refreshing and rejuvenating experience!
Taking care of one's body goes a long way in making us feel good about ourselves; exercise releases endorphins too! And a good night's rest is always a great strategy for self-care. Showers are soothing, especially with nice toiletries that you mentioned - an affordable luxurious indulgence!

Taking care of one's body goes a long way in making us feel good about ourselves; exercise releases endorphins too! And a good night's rest is always a great strategy for self-care. Showers are soothing, especially with nice toiletries that you mentioned - an affordable luxurious indulgence!
Yes we should indulge every now and then, especially when it comes to smells that can evoke good moods! Any other simple strategies you ladies have up your sleeve?

Yes we should indulge every now and then, especially when it comes to smells that can evoke good moods! Any other simple strategies you ladies have up your sleeve?
A quick and healthy meal prep is one way to take care of yourself. Cooking meals packed with nutrition, or even just preparing healthy snacks, can make you feel on top of the world because you're nourishing your body. And it doesn't have to be elaborate! Quick, easy recipes are the **** - they save time and feed the soul.

A quick and healthy meal prep is one way to take care of yourself. Cooking meals packed with nutrition, or even just preparing healthy snacks, can make you feel on top of the world because you're nourishing your body. And it doesn't have to be elaborate! Quick, easy recipes are the **** - they save time and feed the soul.
Simple cooking is actually therapeutic for me too! After a long day with the kids, tossing ingredients together in a wok or pan can be quite calming. Something so satisfying about consuming fruits of your labor quickly (and safely) prepared. And I second the idea of using fresh ingredients - there's always extra virgin olive oil and garlic on hand in my kitchen! What else..hmmm...a good old manicure perhaps? Nothing like some nail art to cheer a girl up!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Simple cooking is actually therapeutic for me too! After a long day with the kids, tossing ingredients together in a wok or pan can be quite calming. Something so satisfying about consuming fruits of your labor quickly (and safely) prepared. And I second the idea of using fresh ingredients - there's always extra virgin olive oil and garlic on hand in my kitchen! What else..hmmm...a good old manicure perhaps? Nothing like some nail art to cheer a girl up!
Hmm, nail art sounds fun, but I can't help feeling it'll be ruined almost immediately with my hands being so active while looking after the kids. I'm all for anything that adds a touch of glamour, though! A little luxury in our daily lives doesn't hurt anyone!

Hmm, nail art sounds fun, but I can't help feeling it'll be ruined almost immediately with my hands being so active while looking after the kids. I'm all for anything that adds a touch of glamour, though! A little luxury in our daily lives doesn't hurt anyone!
True, manicures seem like a wonderful idea until they chip off instantly! Though a girl can dream...and what dreams they are! Glitz and glam certainly brighten up our day. Perhaps some temporary nail stickers might help? They're easier to apply and remove than actual nail polish, and the designs these days are so intricate and lovely! A quick fix for some instant glamor. Does anyone have recommendations for good brands or designs that aren't too difficult to use?

True, manicures seem like a wonderful idea until they chip off instantly! Though a girl can dream...and what dreams they are! Glitz and glam certainly brighten up our day. Perhaps some temporary nail stickers might help? They're easier to apply and remove than actual nail polish, and the designs these days are so intricate and lovely! A quick fix for some instant glamor. Does anyone have recommendations for good brands or designs that aren't too difficult to use?
Some of my friends swear by the press-on nail sets from L'Oreal Paris. They claim it's easy peasy to apply, even without prior experience, and the quality is quite impressive for the price. As for designs, it varies seasonally, but you'll be spoilt for choice as they have plenty! From florals to abstracts, you'll find many elegant and fun patterns that suit various occasions.

Some of my friends swear by the press-on nail sets from L'Oreal Paris. They claim it's easy peasy to apply, even without prior experience, and the quality is quite impressive for the price. As for designs, it varies seasonally, but you'll be spoilt for choice as they have plenty! From florals to abstracts, you'll find many elegant and fun patterns that suit various occasions.
Thank you for sharing! I might just grab a set for some instant mani satisfaction 😄 Any other suggestions from the ladies here?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu