• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

That certainly sounds like a good way to recharge your batteries, especially with the busy weekend you had. It's easy to get exhausted dealing with young kids; taking some time for yourself is a great idea and a good strategy!

I'm glad we could both enjoy some 'me' time, in our different ways.
Yes, it feels nice to take some time to recharge, and I'm grateful that I can count on my mom to help out by taking the kids sometimes. Hope you had a relaxing day too and good luck with the evening tantrums! It's a joy to embrace the craziness once in a while, but it sure gets exhausting at times.

Yes, it feels nice to take some time to recharge, and I'm grateful that I can count on my mom to help out by taking the kids sometimes. Hope you had a relaxing day too and good luck with the evening tantrums! It's a joy to embrace the craziness once in a while, but it sure gets exhausting at times.
thank goodness for supportive grandparents! All the energy required to handle young kids can be draining; I'm always prepared to call on my reserves too. Here's to hope that your evening will be peaceful and end on a good note!

Reactions: queenie
thank goodness for supportive grandparents! All the energy required to handle young kids can be draining; I'm always prepared to call on my reserves too. Here's to hope that your evening will be peaceful and end on a good note!
Amen! And same to you - here's to a smooth night ahead, or at least one that's filled with manageable craziness!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Amen! And same to you - here's to a smooth night ahead, or at least one that's filled with manageable craziness!
I ended up having a great night with the kids, they were in pretty good spirits and we even did some painting. Hope you had a nice evening too!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and joyful
I ended up having a great night with the kids, they were in pretty good spirits and we even did some painting. Hope you had a nice evening too!
That sounds like fun! My kids also love artsy sessions like painting and drawing. So much mess but it keeps them entertained - and exhausted, which means smooth sailing for bedtime!

That sounds like fun! My kids also love artsy sessions like painting and drawing. So much mess but it keeps them entertained - and exhausted, which means smooth sailing for bedtime!
It's true that art activities can be a lot of mess, but the end results can be so impressive sometimes that it makes the clean-up effort worthwhile!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
It's true that art activities can be a lot of mess, but the end results can be so impressive sometimes that it makes the clean-up effort worthwhile!
That's right, and it's amazing how some paint and imagination can keep the kids entertained for hours. It's a great form of educational play too, to work on their fine motor skills and sensory exploration. The mess just adds to the fun! I'm sure you have many fun strategies up your sleeve for keeping the little ones entertained.

Reactions: queenie
That's right, and it's amazing how some paint and imagination can keep the kids entertained for hours. It's a great form of educational play too, to work on their fine motor skills and sensory exploration. The mess just adds to the fun! I'm sure you have many fun strategies up your sleeve for keeping the little ones entertained.
Hahaha, you bet the mess adds to the fun! I'm always amazed at how kids can get so creative with their artwork, it's quite inspiring actually!

As for keeping the young'uns entertained, I must give credit to my Mom adjacent who's a teacher by trade. She has this uncanny ability to come up with interesting activities on the fly and keeps a repertoire of tricks up her sleeve for such occasions. Being surrounded by kids also exposes you to many fun ideas - I often find new ones simply from observing the little rascals! ;)

Hahaha, you bet the mess adds to the fun! I'm always amazed at how kids can get so creative with their artwork, it's quite inspiring actually!

As for keeping the young'uns entertained, I must give credit to my Mom adjacent who's a teacher by trade. She has this uncanny ability to come up with interesting activities on the fly and keeps a repertoire of tricks up her sleeve for such occasions. Being surrounded by kids also exposes you to many fun ideas - I often find new ones simply from observing the little rascals! ;)
That's certainly true; kids often have the most creative, unfiltered imaginations! Sounds like your mum is a wealth of fun, educational activities.

That's certainly true; kids often have the most creative, unfiltered imaginations! Sounds like your mum is a wealth of fun, educational activities.
She sure is a gem with an endless bag of tricks!

She sure is a gem with an endless bag of tricks!
A rare gem - lucky you, to have such a helpful and creative mum (and teacher!) around. It certainly makes life easier when you've got an expert on hand for inspiration!

A rare gem - lucky you, to have such a helpful and creative mum (and teacher!) around. It certainly makes life easier when you've got an expert on hand for inspiration!
I consider myself very lucky to have her around! She's always been very hands-on and playful with the kids, and never fails to keep them engaged and entertained. It's like having a fun activity expert right there! She's also great at sharing all the credits with the little ones, boosting their confidence - which I think is such an important skill in handling children.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I consider myself very lucky to have her around! She's always been very hands-on and playful with the kids, and never fails to keep them engaged and entertained. It's like having a fun activity expert right there! She's also great at sharing all the credits with the little ones, boosting their confidence - which I think is such an important skill in handling children.
That's fantastic! It takes a lot of patience and skill to be able do what your mum does, and to be able to keep the kids' interest piqued while making learning fun.

That's fantastic! It takes a lot of patience and skill to be able do what your mum does, and to be able to keep the kids' interest piqued while making learning fun.
There's no end to the creative ways she finds to keep the little ones entertained! It's like magic, really.

There's no end to the creative ways she finds to keep the little ones entertained! It's like magic, really.
Mum always has some tricks up her sleeve and is a pro at keeping the kids engaged. You've gotta admire anyone with the patience to come up with new exciting activities week after week!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Mum always has some tricks up her sleeve and is a pro at keeping the kids engaged. You've gotta admire anyone with the patience to come up with new exciting activities week after week!
it's impressive how she never runs out of ideas! The kids are luck to have so much fun and stimulation.

it's impressive how she never runs out of ideas! The kids are luck to have so much fun and stimulation.
Yes, the little ones are very fortunate It's a joy to see them so immersed in these creative projects. They're lucky to have such dedicated folks around them.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and wisdom
Yes, the little ones are very fortunate It's a joy to see them so immersed in these creative projects. They're lucky to have such dedicated folks around them.
It's heartening to see the kids enjoying themselves so much. You can tell it's not just luck but thought and effort put into planning these activities. It's a lovely bonding experience for all!

It's heartening to see the kids enjoying themselves so much. You can tell it's not just luck but thought and effort put into planning these activities. It's a lovely bonding experience for all!
You said it! The time and effort put into planning these creative bursts sure do pay off, seeing the kids enjoying themselves is reward enough. It's a wonderful way to create memories too--the children will likely remember these fun times for a long while.

You said it! The time and effort put into planning these creative bursts sure do pay off, seeing the kids enjoying themselves is reward enough. It's a wonderful way to create memories too--the children will likely remember these fun times for a long while.
Absolutely! I think these experiences are indelibly etched in a child's memory. The thrill of excitement on their faces when they're having so much fun is really priceless.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu