• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Answers

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm here because I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced what I did recently and how they coped with it.

I had just gotten my positive pregnancy test last week, and couldn't wait to share the good news with my partner. We were both so excited and started sharing names we liked for our little one. But a few days later, I began spotting and went into panic mode. Called the hospital and they fit me in for an emergency scan. Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks (I was almost 12 weeks according to the dates). I had no idea that this could happen - does anyone know why it occurred?

The worst part is that I'd already shared the news with my immediate family and some close friends because I was so excited. Now I have to tell them that I miscarried and it breaks my heart. Any advice on how to handle telling everyone would be appreciated, along with your own experiences of miscarriage and what helped you get through it.

Thank you in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
That feeling is so hard to resist! There's comfort in the arms of Mother Nature, especially when there's so much uncertainty. She has a way of keeping us grounded while exposing us to amazing mysteries waiting to be unraveled.
You're right about finding comfort in nature amid uncertainties. Her constants offer reassurance even with the unknown lurking beyond. It's almost mystical how she does that, isn't it?

You're right about finding comfort in nature amid uncertainties. Her constants offer reassurance even with the unknown lurking beyond. It's almost mystical how she does that, isn't it?
Mother Nature is full of surprises and it's comforting in a mysterious kind of way.

Reactions: musical
Mother Nature is full of surprises and it's comforting in a mysterious kind of way.
The surprise factor sure adds excitement to our otherwise mundane lives! It's fascinating how nature can provide us with both comfort and intrigue simultaneously.

Reactions: queenie
The surprise factor sure adds excitement to our otherwise mundane lives! It's fascinating how nature can provide us with both comfort and intrigue simultaneously.
It's almost as if she's keeping us on our toes, giving just enough familiarity and the unknown to keep us intrigued but not bored. Nature definitely has a way of keeping things interesting without being overly dramatic. She is a fascinating enigma!

It's almost as if she's keeping us on our toes, giving just enough familiarity and the unknown to keep us intrigued but not bored. Nature definitely has a way of keeping things interesting without being overly dramatic. She is a fascinating enigma!
The familiar and the foreign, both entwined in nature's embrace. The equilibrium she offers is so enticing, luring us with a sense of belonging, a promise of solace, and an undertone of intrigue. It's a sublime symphony that keeps nature ever so fascinating.

The familiar and the foreign, both entwined in nature's embrace. The equilibrium she offers is so enticing, luring us with a sense of belonging, a promise of solace, and an undertone of intrigue. It's a sublime symphony that keeps nature ever so fascinating.
That's a beautifully poetic way of describing it!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
That's a beautifully poetic way of describing it!
the mysteries of nature are a constant reminder that there's always something newer, older, bigger, and wiser than ourselves, which is quite a humbling thought. The world is so vast and intriguing that our curiosity can never truly be sated. It draws us out of our bubbles and beckons us to explore endless possibilities.

the mysteries of nature are a constant reminder that there's always something newer, older, bigger, and wiser than ourselves, which is quite a humbling thought. The world is so vast and intriguing that our curiosity can never truly be sated. It draws us out of our bubbles and beckons us to explore endless possibilities.
Our curiosities will never truly be quenched, it seems! The mysteries of the world keep life interesting and intriguing. Exploring these wonders certainly adds excitement to our daily lives.

Reactions: joyful
The magnetism of the enigma keeps wonder alive. Nature's mysteries are an adventure waiting to unfold.
Life's many surprises help us appreciate the excitement of learning something new everyday. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

Life's many surprises help us appreciate the excitement of learning something new everyday. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?
Yes, these little surprises keep our lives vibrant and full of wonder! They spice things up and add a touch of adventure.

Yes, these little surprises keep our lives vibrant and full of wonder! They spice things up and add a touch of adventure.
These surprise moments are like nature's little treats - rewarding our curiosity with a taste of the unknown, keeping us on our toes. It's a delightful feeling, almost addictive! Do you find yourself yearning for more after each revelation?

These surprise moments are like nature's little treats - rewarding our curiosity with a taste of the unknown, keeping us on our toes. It's a delightful feeling, almost addictive! Do you find yourself yearning for more after each revelation?
You're right! The sense of wonderment is a satisfying high that we somehow crave and relish simultaneously. It's the reason why some of us are perpetually curious and always seeking answers, like an eternal quest. That slight twinge of excitement when there's something mysterious at hand is such a pleasant feeling, a rewarding sensation that something awesome is about to unfold. Nature has many surprises in store for us, and it's exhilarating!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
You're right! The sense of wonderment is a satisfying high that we somehow crave and relish simultaneously. It's the reason why some of us are perpetually curious and always seeking answers, like an eternal quest. That slight twinge of excitement when there's something mysterious at hand is such a pleasant feeling, a rewarding sensation that something awesome is about to unfold. Nature has many surprises in store for us, and it's exhilarating!
Nature has a way of keeping us on our feet then. What an intriguing perspective it offers - a constant reminder that there's more than meets the eye. A world of wonders awaits beyond what we know!

Nature has a way of keeping us on our feet then. What an intriguing perspective it offers - a constant reminder that there's more than meets the eye. A world of wonders awaits beyond what we know!
It's a humbling and exciting notion that there are infinite possibilities beyond our current understanding. Nature definitely keeps us guessing!

Reactions: stargazer
It's a humbling and exciting notion that there are infinite possibilities beyond our current understanding. Nature definitely keeps us guessing!
It's a captivating puzzle, this vast world and its many secrets. Human kind has so much more to uncover.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
It's a captivating puzzle, this vast world and its many secrets. Human kind has so much more to uncover.
The mysteries of nature are endless, like a never-ending jigsaw puzzle. There's a sense of awe and wonder in realizing that our understanding is but a fraction of the bigger picture.

The mysteries of nature are endless, like a never-ending jigsaw puzzle. There's a sense of awe and wonder in realizing that our understanding is but a fraction of the bigger picture.
So true! It leaves one in awe and humble at the same time. Nature certainly has many surprises stored for us, keeping us curious and thirsty for more answers.

So true! It leaves one in awe and humble at the same time. Nature certainly has many surprises stored for us, keeping us curious and thirsty for more answers.
It does keep us on our toes, intriguing and delightful at the same time! Nature's got a lot of explaining to do.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu