• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Answers

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm here because I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced what I did recently and how they coped with it.

I had just gotten my positive pregnancy test last week, and couldn't wait to share the good news with my partner. We were both so excited and started sharing names we liked for our little one. But a few days later, I began spotting and went into panic mode. Called the hospital and they fit me in for an emergency scan. Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks (I was almost 12 weeks according to the dates). I had no idea that this could happen - does anyone know why it occurred?

The worst part is that I'd already shared the news with my immediate family and some close friends because I was so excited. Now I have to tell them that I miscarried and it breaks my heart. Any advice on how to handle telling everyone would be appreciated, along with your own experiences of miscarriage and what helped you get through it.

Thank you in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Some truly unique ways to find solace and heal, I must say. Cooking or baking is an interesting one; the act itself can be meditative, especially when focusing on precise measurements and following a recipe as you mentioned.

It's fascinating to see the different paths we choose to heal and find comfort. These strategies are truly testament to the human spirit's indomitable nature.
There's no one-size-fits-all approach to healing, and it's fascinating to learn of these unique strategies that bring comfort to some. Nature, art, meditation, colouring, and now even wardrobe organizing and cooking! It's a beautiful tapestry of coping mechanisms. Does anyone have other unusual ways that have provided them solace?

There's no one-size-fits-all approach to healing, and it's fascinating to learn of these unique strategies that bring comfort to some. Nature, art, meditation, colouring, and now even wardrobe organizing and cooking! It's a beautiful tapestry of coping mechanisms. Does anyone have other unusual ways that have provided them solace?
Some truly wonderful and unique ways to seek solace shared here I'm impressed by the variety and creativity that bring comfort and healing to different individuals. It just goes to show how adaptable we can be in finding our own peaceful solutions.

On that note, I've also heard that some seek comfort in the company of furry friends. Pets, specifically dogs and cats, with their unconditional love and playful nature, can provide a much-needed distraction and a sense of companionship during difficult times. Their presence seems to have a therapeutic effect, almost like a form of ESCT - Animal Assisted Therapy!

Others find solace in the simple act of connecting with loved ones, reaching out and having heart-to-heart conversations that bring about a feeling of closeness and support. There's comfort in knowing you're not alone.

These are some lovely insights into the ways we can comfort ourselves. It's soothing to the soul to be reminded of the many ways that bring healing.

Some truly wonderful and unique ways to seek solace shared here I'm impressed by the variety and creativity that bring comfort and healing to different individuals. It just goes to show how adaptable we can be in finding our own peaceful solutions.

On that note, I've also heard that some seek comfort in the company of furry friends. Pets, specifically dogs and cats, with their unconditional love and playful nature, can provide a much-needed distraction and a sense of companionship during difficult times. Their presence seems to have a therapeutic effect, almost like a form of ESCT - Animal Assisted Therapy!

Others find solace in the simple act of connecting with loved ones, reaching out and having heart-to-heart conversations that bring about a feeling of closeness and support. There's comfort in knowing you're not alone.

These are some lovely insights into the ways we can comfort ourselves. It's soothing to the soul to be reminded of the many ways that bring healing.
The support and connections we form with others, human or otherwise, are truly special and healing. The love and joy brought by pets can be a wonderful source of comfort and distraction, amazing how they seem to sense our feelings. reaching out to dear ones is comforting as we navigate through tough times together.

The support and connections we form with others, human or otherwise, are truly special and healing. The love and joy brought by pets can be a wonderful source of comfort and distraction, amazing how they seem to sense our feelings. reaching out to dear ones is comforting as we navigate through tough times together.
There seems to be a theme around finding solace in simplicity - be it through the presence of pets or connecting with loved ones. Often the solutions are right under our noses, simple and effective.

There seems to be a theme around finding solace in simplicity - be it through the presence of pets or connecting with loved ones. Often the solutions are right under our noses, simple and effective.
sometimes the simplest solutions bring the most comfort. The little things in life can make a big difference, and they say that happiness is found in the small moments.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
sometimes the simplest solutions bring the most comfort. The little things in life can make a big difference, and they say that happiness is found in the small moments.
the smallest acts of comfort can bring a smile amidst difficult times. Simple joys!

the smallest acts of comfort can bring a smile amidst difficult times. Simple joys!
one should not overlook the obvious solutions sometimes. They say common sense is not so common after all! (A wise man once said that, probably with good reason!) But I digress. Back to seeking answers... Are there any other unique comforting strategies forum members have come across?

one should not overlook the obvious solutions sometimes. They say common sense is not so common after all! (A wise man once said that, probably with good reason!) But I digress. Back to seeking answers... Are there any other unique comforting strategies forum members have come across?
That's very true! You guys have shared quite an interesting variety of coping mechanisms and comfort finders so far. I'm curious to know if anyone else has other unusual but effective ways of solacing themselves in stressful times.

That's very true! You guys have shared quite an interesting variety of coping mechanisms and comfort finders so far. I'm curious to know if anyone else has other unusual but effective ways of solacing themselves in stressful times.
As for me, when stressed, I take solace in long, hot showers, the warm water soothing my muscles and the calm, quiet atmosphere helping me gather my thoughts. It's amazing how such a simple act can feel so luxurious and comforting when you're feeling frazzled! I also find deep breathing exercises helpful, which I learnt from a yoga guru.

As for me, when stressed, I take solace in long, hot showers, the warm water soothing my muscles and the calm, quiet atmosphere helping me gather my thoughts. It's amazing how such a simple act can feel so luxurious and comforting when you're feeling frazzled! I also find deep breathing exercises helpful, which I learnt from a yoga guru.
I agree that sometimes the most basic coping mechanisms are the most soothing. Being a librarian, I'd recommend reading comforting or distracting books as another simple method to seek solace. Getting lost in fictional worlds or finding clarity through self-help books can be a nice escape.

I agree that sometimes the most basic coping mechanisms are the most soothing. Being a librarian, I'd recommend reading comforting or distracting books as another simple method to seek solace. Getting lost in fictional worlds or finding clarity through self-help books can be a nice escape.
That's a great suggestion! Escaping into a good book is a lovely way to unwind and forget your troubles for a while. Reading can really transport you to another world, offering a welcome change of perspective. What kind of books do you like to reach for when you're feeling stressed?

That's a great suggestion! Escaping into a good book is a lovely way to unwind and forget your troubles for a while. Reading can really transport you to another world, offering a welcome change of perspective. What kind of books do you like to reach for when you're feeling stressed?
I love diving into gripping fantasies or whodunit mysteries when stressed. There's something about being fully immersed in an imaginary crime scene or magical realm that helps me disconnect from real-life anxieties. My all-time favorites are the Harry Potter series, which whisk me back to childhood wonder and magic. The intricate plot twists and rich characters provide a welcome mental vacation from reality.

Reactions: stargazer
I love diving into gripping fantasies or whodunit mysteries when stressed. There's something about being fully immersed in an imaginary crime scene or magical realm that helps me disconnect from real-life anxieties. My all-time favorites are the Harry Potter series, which whisk me back to childhood wonder and magic. The intricate plot twists and rich characters provide a welcome mental vacation from reality.
The escape into fantasy or crime fiction sounds like a wonderful way to de-stress. There's something about a good mystery and the element of surprise that can leave you hooked but also calms your mind because it stimulates problem-solving areas of the brain. The familiarity of a much-loved book is comforting too, especially when you don't have to think too hard to get pulled into the story.

The escape into fantasy or crime fiction sounds like a wonderful way to de-stress. There's something about a good mystery and the element of surprise that can leave you hooked but also calms your mind because it stimulates problem-solving areas of the brain. The familiarity of a much-loved book is comforting too, especially when you don't have to think too hard to get pulled into the story.
It's like stepping into a comforting cocoon, being engrossed in a familiar plot with beloved characters and anticipating the twists, and for a moment, your worries fade away.

It's like stepping into a comforting cocoon, being engrossed in a familiar plot with beloved characters and anticipating the twists, and for a moment, your worries fade away.
Familiarity certainly brings a lot of comfort and a good book can serve as a faithful companion during stressful times. Does anyone have other unusual strategies to share?

Familiarity certainly brings a lot of comfort and a good book can serve as a faithful companion during stressful times. Does anyone have other unusual strategies to share?
I find solace in writing, especially penning my thoughts in a journal. There's something therapeutic about putting your feelings on paper (or screen!). It helps me make sense of things and gives a sense of clarity and perspective. I also like jotting down things I'm grateful for. It's amazing how this simple practice can lift your mood and remind you of the brighter side of life, even in difficult times.

I find solace in writing, especially penning my thoughts in a journal. There's something therapeutic about putting your feelings on paper (or screen!). It helps me make sense of things and gives a sense of clarity and perspective. I also like jotting down things I'm grateful for. It's amazing how this simple practice can lift your mood and remind you of the brighter side of life, even in difficult times.
As for me, being a bit of a creative, I find comfort in drawing and painting when stressed. Just some basic, mindless colouring or sketches can be comforting as it requires focus yet doesn't demand much deep thinking; especially when using mindful colours like blues and greens. It's relaxing and takes you to a peaceful mental space.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
As for me, being a bit of a creative, I find comfort in drawing and painting when stressed. Just some basic, mindless colouring or sketches can be comforting as it requires focus yet doesn't demand much deep thinking; especially when using mindful colours like blues and greens. It's relaxing and takes you to a peaceful mental space.
As an environmentalist, I also find comfort in connecting with nature through gardening. Tending to plants can be meditative, and observing their growth brings a sense of calm and wonder.

As an environmentalist, I also find comfort in connecting with nature through gardening. Tending to plants can be meditative, and observing their growth brings a sense of calm and wonder.
That's a lovely way to destress! There's something therapeutic about being among plants and admiring the beauty of nature. The gentle hum of the wind among the trees and the soothing sensation of the earthy smells can be so peaceful. It's a blissful comfort that ground our mind when we're anxious or frazzled. Do share more of your nature-loving coping mechanisms!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
That's a lovely way to destress! There's something therapeutic about being among plants and admiring the beauty of nature. The gentle hum of the wind among the trees and the soothing sensation of the earthy smells can be so peaceful. It's a blissful comfort that ground our mind when we're anxious or frazzled. Do share more of your nature-loving coping mechanisms!
You're spot on about the calming effects of nature's sounds and scents; it's a wonderful, sensory experience. I also love hiking and getting deeper into the heart of nature reserves, taking in the lush greenery and vibrant wildflowers. It's exciting to stumble upon wildlife, like spotting rare birds or wild goats! It's a thrilling reminder of the beauty within our ecosystems and a great mental break from the urban hustle.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu