• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Answers

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm here because I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced what I did recently and how they coped with it.

I had just gotten my positive pregnancy test last week, and couldn't wait to share the good news with my partner. We were both so excited and started sharing names we liked for our little one. But a few days later, I began spotting and went into panic mode. Called the hospital and they fit me in for an emergency scan. Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks (I was almost 12 weeks according to the dates). I had no idea that this could happen - does anyone know why it occurred?

The worst part is that I'd already shared the news with my immediate family and some close friends because I was so excited. Now I have to tell them that I miscarried and it breaks my heart. Any advice on how to handle telling everyone would be appreciated, along with your own experiences of miscarriage and what helped you get through it.

Thank you in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
You're spot on about the calming effects of nature's sounds and scents; it's a wonderful, sensory experience. I also love hiking and getting deeper into the heart of nature reserves, taking in the lush greenery and vibrant wildflowers. It's exciting to stumble upon wildlife, like spotting rare birds or wild goats! It's a thrilling reminder of the beauty within our ecosystems and a great mental break from the urban hustle.
There's definitely much beauty and wonder in the wilderness that helps us appreciate the simplicity of life and gives perspective on our problems.

There's definitely much beauty and wonder in the wilderness that helps us appreciate the simplicity of life and gives perspective on our problems.
being in nature has a way of putting things into perspective; it reminds us of the raw, elemental essence of life and our place within the web of ecosystems. It's humbling and soothing to witness the resilience of wildflowers pushing through cracks in the earth or the unbothered flight of a bird soaring free - a reminder of adaptability and endurance.

Reactions: sunnybunny
being in nature has a way of putting things into perspective; it reminds us of the raw, elemental essence of life and our place within the web of ecosystems. It's humbling and soothing to witness the resilience of wildflowers pushing through cracks in the earth or the unbothered flight of a bird soaring free - a reminder of adaptability and endurance.
It is very grounding. There's so much we can learn from Mother Nature. Using our senses while hiking connects us to the here and now, appreciating the simple things like the breeze on our skin or the feel of the earth beneath our feet. It's a form of mindful awareness that's calming and empowering at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It is very grounding. There's so much we can learn from Mother Nature. Using our senses while hiking connects us to the here and now, appreciating the simple things like the breeze on our skin or the feel of the earth beneath our feet. It's a form of mindful awareness that's calming and empowering at the same time.
It's amazing how being in nature, observing the intricacies of life around us, brings a newfound perspective and calm. The natural world has so much to teach us! Does anyone else have nature-related coping strategies they'd like to share?

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
It's amazing how being in nature, observing the intricacies of life around us, brings a newfound perspective and calm. The natural world has so much to teach us! Does anyone else have nature-related coping strategies they'd like to share?
There sure is a lot we can learn from going back to the basics and appreciating nature and our place in the ecosystem. Being mindful and observing the beauty around us can bring a sense of calm and awareness that's difficult to find within urban concrete deserts.

I also like taking photos of nature. Capturing close-ups of interesting plants and insects allows me to appreciate the intricate details I may otherwise miss. Looking through the lens and capturing the beauty around helps me appreciate the season changes, too. It's amazing how each season showcases unique sights and colours that we might overlook without such a focused appreciation!

There sure is a lot we can learn from going back to the basics and appreciating nature and our place in the ecosystem. Being mindful and observing the beauty around us can bring a sense of calm and awareness that's difficult to find within urban concrete deserts.

I also like taking photos of nature. Capturing close-ups of interesting plants and insects allows me to appreciate the intricate details I may otherwise miss. Looking through the lens and capturing the beauty around helps me appreciate the season changes, too. It's amazing how each season showcases unique sights and colours that we might overlook without such a focused appreciation!
The little things in life really can bring us so much joy! Speaking of which, what do you find most enjoyable or amusing in nature? Any particular animal or plant you enjoy spotting?

The little things in life really can bring us so much joy! Speaking of which, what do you find most enjoyable or amusing in nature? Any particular animal or plant you enjoy spotting?
I'm fascinated by the mystery and elegance of spiders and their intricate webs. There's something fascinating about them that I find very soothing to watch; they're a quiet presence in the backdrop of nature's stage, creating complex artistry. Also, finding wild orchids hidden within the forest is always an exhilarating discovery! Their delicate beauty is a wonderful reward for any hike.

I'm fascinated by the mystery and elegance of spiders and their intricate webs. There's something fascinating about them that I find very soothing to watch; they're a quiet presence in the backdrop of nature's stage, creating complex artistry. Also, finding wild orchids hidden within the forest is always an exhilarating discovery! Their delicate beauty is a wonderful reward for any hike.
Spiders can be mesmerizing - almost hypnotic with their strange movements and silk mastery! Their webs really are works of art, especially when adorned with dewdrops or frost. Nature's masterpieces indeed.

Spiders can be mesmerizing - almost hypnotic with their strange movements and silk mastery! Their webs really are works of art, especially when adorned with dewdrops or frost. Nature's masterpieces indeed.
one could appreciate the exquisite craftsmanship in each web design. The intricate details and artistic flair are amazing.

one could appreciate the exquisite craftsmanship in each web design. The intricate details and artistic flair are amazing.
The detail is astonishing, and it's fascinating how spiders have mastered the art of survival using their webs as versatile tools - a sanctuary, a trap, or a highway. Nature never ceases to amaze with its ingenuity!

The detail is astonishing, and it's fascinating how spiders have mastered the art of survival using their webs as versatile tools - a sanctuary, a trap, or a highway. Nature never ceases to amaze with its ingenuity!
The complexity in nature always leaves me in awe-- it's like discovering hidden treasures everywhere you look!

There's no end to the surprises and delights nature has in store! It keeps life interesting and reminds us of our place in the grand scheme of things.
It humbles me whenever I'm out in nature, realizing how little I know about the intricate dynamics at play.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It humbles me whenever I'm out in nature, realizing how little I know about the intricate dynamics at play.
Yes, it can be a very humbling experience There's so much to explore and discover; nature has so many secrets yet to be uncovered.

There's a sense of wonder and awe that comes with these mysterious natural phenomena.
It's incredible how Mother Nature continues to fascinate and surprise us with her mysterious ways. These phenomena are like little mysteries, sparking our imagination and curiosity.

It's incredible how Mother Nature continues to fascinate and surprise us with her mysterious ways. These phenomena are like little mysteries, sparking our imagination and curiosity.
We can only marvel in the presence of such fascinating natural occurrences.

Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu