• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Plans

Wow, that sounds like a delicious, herby mix! I love how versatile the recipe is too - everyone can tailor it to their own tastes and spices they have available. That's fantastic!

I'm going to give it a shot this week - might use some basil and mint from my little kitchen garden.
Go for it! It's amazing how something so simple can be so flexible.

Wow, that sounds like a delicious, herby mix! I love how versatile the recipe is too - everyone can tailor it to their own tastes and spices they have available. That's fantastic!

I'm going to give it a shot this week - might use some basil and mint from my little kitchen garden.
That sounds lovely! Using herbs straight from your garden gives a wonderful, fresh kick to the dish. It's an awesome feeling to cook with ingredients that you've grown yourself!

So true, having a stash of dried herbs is helpful! It's also useful to grow your own herbs if you have a green thumb. They add so much flavor to dishes, especially fresh ones which really elevate the recipe. I sometimes get creative and experiment with various combinations, but there's definitely room for error there so it's fun discovering new flavors.
Herbs like mint or lavender can be a little tricky to match with other flavors, so it's good to exercise some caution.

So true, having a stash of dried herbs is helpful! It's also useful to grow your own herbs if you have a green thumb. They add so much flavor to dishes, especially fresh ones which really elevate the recipe. I sometimes get creative and experiment with various combinations, but there's definitely room for error there so it's fun discovering new flavors.
You're right about having a green stash of herbs. They add such wonderful flavor and aroma, especially to pasta and rice dishes. My family loves Italian food, so I often cook with basil, thyme and oregano myself!

There seems to be a lot of lovely recipes being shared here that parents can easily prepare during weekdays when time is scarce! It's also heartwarming to know that we have members here who are keen to share their culinary talents with us.
It's great to find simple, tasty, and family-friendly meals folks can whips up anytime. Quick and yummy meals are always a win, especially after a long day!

That's awesome! Enjoy experimenting with your herby lemon chicken! Let your nose guide you in the kitchen, and if it smells fabulous, then you know you're doing something right!

Good on you for having a green thumb! Fresh herbs really take a dish up a notch. Enjoy giving the recipe a go!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
it's fantastic to get all these tasty recipe ideas, a great way to discover new dishes to feed our families. The aromatic baked lemon chicken with the tangy caper sauce sounds wonderful! Certainly will be giving that a go soon.
You've all been sharing such delicious-sounding recipes - it's incredible! I typically go for straightforward meals, so it's motivating me to step up my cooking game. Keep the yummy ideas coming!

I'm curious to know if any of these tasty dishes have become firm favorites with your families? Any kid-friendly recommendations or ways to get the little ones involved in preparing these meals?

Reactions: travelmum
I've always found that herbs are the secret ingredient that can really make a dish sing. It's wonderful to have fresh herbs growing at home, although I've had better success with some like mint than others, unfortunately!

There are lots of tasty treats to discover in this forum! Yums!
There sure are plenty of delicious recipes being shared. It's a lovely space to find some inspiration!

It sure takes the stress outta deciding what to cook for dinner!
Having a variety of tasty recipes certainly helps with meal planning, especially when cooking every day can be quite daunting! It's like having a personal menu to pick and choose from.

As for the herbs in the chicken marinade, I usually use a mix of rosemary, thyme and a pinch of oregano. Sometimes, I also add a little chopped parsley for some colour and extra freshness, but that's optional. These herbs go well together and give the chicken a lovely fragrant flavour. Mmm, thinking about it has made me hungry!
Wow, your baked chicken sounds delicious too! The aroma of those herbs is making me hungry as well.

Crowdsourcing is an excellent way of gathering wonderful ideas. Happy to have this helpful resource!
It's so convenient to have everyone's suggestions and stories about what worked -- or didn't work -- in the kitchen, all in one place. Saves me so much time and effort!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and cissy
The secret to a good mid-week meal is definitely something quick and tasty, so I'm glad this recipe suits that brief!
I use basmati rice, nothing special, but I agree that a fragrant rice such as jasmine or even sushi rice would work well too. The key is to cook the rice first and have it ready before starting the stir fry.

For the shrimp, I suggest marinating them in a mix of olive oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger for added flavor. The spice comes from chili flakes or fresh chili padi (if you like it hotter), and this gives it a nice kick.

Stir frying the vegetables takes about 10 mins on high heat, then I toss in the shrimp with the marinade and cook for further 5 minutes. That's it! Quick, easy, tasty and healthy too.

I don't have exact measurements, but roughly 25/30 minutes should do the job. It's a great one to experiment with, as you can adjust the spices and herbs to your preference - I sometimes add lemongrass or lime leaves if I have them. Yums!
It's nice to have a go-to dish like this up our sleeves isn't it? Good for when friends pop over too.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu