• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Plans

You're right; it's amazing to see everyone sharing their recipes and making this thread such a feast for the eyes (and stomach!).
I'm glad you found my recommendation useful, and I can't wait to try that extra kick of honey in the sauce!

For a yummy and healthy twist, I swap the shrimp with bite-sized chicken cubes occasionally. The sauce is what makes this dish pop, with a hint of sweetness from the honey and a kick of spice.
Does anyone else have some tasty seafood recipes up their sleeves?

Reactions: mamamia
Glad to hear your family enjoys seafood. I'm not too keen on fatty meat so your baked lemon chicken sounds like a tasty, healthy alternative. Might give it a whiff!
As for the herbs in the recipe, I usually just use whatever fresh herbs I have on hand! Rosemary and thyme are my go-tos, but I also love adding oregano or sage sometimes for a different kick. Basil works nicely too, especially if you're also adding some garlic to the marinade (which I always do). Just gives it that extra zing!
So many variations and everything tastes so good roasted with lemons. Yummm.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Yes, it's wonderful to get inspiration from everyone's posts! I'm enjoying reading all these tasty recipes and am definitely going to try some out.

It's great to have such a handy resource, and it's lovely finding new favorites to add to the meal roster. My menu planning has certainly become a lot more exciting!
I'm also enjoying discovering new recipes from everyone's recommendations. It's fantastic to have a crowd-sourced meal plan!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and lioness
I'm glad you found my recommendation useful, and I can't wait to try that extra kick of honey in the sauce!
It's exciting to find simple yet tasty recipes that others have tried and tested. It saves so much time and effort, especially when you're cooking for the family every single day! Little tweaks and personalized touches make it fun too.

Reactions: sunnybunny
I'm hungry just reading these delicious posts too! This forum is certainly doing its job in inspiring new meal ideas.
It's exciting to discover so many tasty-sounding dishes and clever cooking tips!

I'm also enjoying discovering new recipes from everyone's recommendations. It's fantastic to have a crowd-sourced meal plan!
Crowdsourcing is an excellent way of gathering wonderful ideas. Happy to have this helpful resource!

Glad to hear your family enjoys seafood. I'm not too keen on fatty meat so your baked lemon chicken sounds like a tasty, healthy alternative. Might give it a whiff!
As for the herbs in the chicken marinade, I usually use a mix of rosemary, thyme and a pinch of oregano. Sometimes, I also add a little chopped parsley for some colour and extra freshness, but that's optional. These herbs go well together and give the chicken a lovely fragrant flavour. Mmm, thinking about it has made me hungry!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Oh wow, that sounds so fragrant and yummy! Herbs really elevate simple dishes don't they? I love the versatility of this recipe too - makes cooking exciting isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing!

Anyone else have some herbs or spice recommendations to add some zing to this chicken dish?
It's great to see all these tasty recipes! I wonder if anyone will share a delicious dessert recipe too; something quick and simple would be lovely to end the meal!

Oh wow, that sounds so fragrant and yummy! Herbs really elevate simple dishes don't they? I love the versatility of this recipe too - makes cooking exciting isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing!

Anyone else have some herbs or spice recommendations to add some zing to this chicken dish?
The wonderful thing about this discussion is how everyone's suggestions keep the topic interesting and diverse, proving that cooking is a creative art. It's fascinating to see how one recipe can be interpreted in so many tasty ways!

Good to know that the recipe is adaptable to our own preferences. I enjoy cooking with herbs but often struggle to finish an entire bunch of fresh herbs before they wilt. Your suggestion of drying some and keeping them handy for such recipes is a good one!
Having a ready stash of dried herbs and spices certainly makes cooking easier! It's helpful when you're tired but still want to whip up something tasty.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
it's fantastic to get all these tasty recipe ideas, a great way to discover new dishes to feed our families. The aromatic baked lemon chicken with the tangy caper sauce sounds wonderful! Certainly will be giving that a go soon.
There seems to be a lot of lovely recipes being shared here that parents can easily prepare during weekdays when time is scarce! It's also heartwarming to know that we have members here who are keen to share their culinary talents with us.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
That sounds delicious and healthy! I'm always on the lookout for meals that can be prepared in half an hour or less - time is precious these days. Could you share the recipe details, please? And do you use any specific brand of rice for this dish?
Sure thing! The recipe is really simple. Here's what you'll need:

**Ingredients:**

- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice (I use the brand Queen for a Fragrant variety)
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (I use a mix of thyme and basil, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Chili flakes/chili powder and honey for an extra kick

**For the Sauce:**
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil

It's really straightforward to make!
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions. I like to add some extra virgin coconut oil and a pinch of salt to the water for flavor.
2. While the rice cooks, prep your veggies and shrimp.
2. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Toss in the garlic, onion, and pepper, frying for about 4 minutes until the veggies soften.
3. Add in the shrimp and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until it turns opaque and is cooked through.
4. Mix up the sauce by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour this into the pan and stir to coat everything evenly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on medium heat, until the sauce thickens and reduces slightly.
5. Plate up the coconut rice with a good-sized spoonful of the shrimp stir fry on top. Serve while it's hot and enjoy the delicious flavors!

If you want to make it even faster, you could also prep the veggies and have the sauce mixed ahead of time, so it's a simple 15 minute cook when you get home from work. It's a versatile dish that's easy to adapt to your tastebuds too - sometimes I add in other veggies like carrots or use different herbs and spices.

Hope you'll enjoy this quick, tasty meal! It's a favorite in our household for sure.

That sounds delicious and healthy! I'm always on the lookout for meals that can be prepared in half an hour or less - time is precious these days. Could you share the recipe details, please? And do you use any specific brand of rice for this dish?
The secret to a good mid-week meal is definitely something quick and tasty, so I'm glad this recipe suits that brief!
I use basmati rice, nothing special, but I agree that a fragrant rice such as jasmine or even sushi rice would work well too. The key is to cook the rice first and have it ready before starting the stir fry.

For the shrimp, I suggest marinating them in a mix of olive oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger for added flavor. The spice comes from chili flakes or fresh chili padi (if you like it hotter), and this gives it a nice kick.

Stir frying the vegetables takes about 10 mins on high heat, then I toss in the shrimp with the marinade and cook for further 5 minutes. That's it! Quick, easy, tasty and healthy too.

I don't have exact measurements, but roughly 25/30 minutes should do the job. It's a great one to experiment with, as you can adjust the spices and herbs to your preference - I sometimes add lemongrass or lime leaves if I have them. Yums!

Wow, that sounds like a delicious, herby mix! I love how versatile the recipe is too - everyone can tailor it to their own tastes and spices they have available. That's fantastic!

I'm going to give it a shot this week - might use some basil and mint from my little kitchen garden.
It is versatile, allowing for flexibility according to one's preference and availability of ingredients. Happy cooking, and do share how your herby chicken turned out!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: joyful and eternity
It sure makes our meal plans more interesting. There's only so many recipes one can come up with themselves!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu