• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Solo

Having a reliable support network makes all the difference! It allows us to tend to our own needs without worry and creates a lovely bubble of shared care for the little ones.
It's a relief to know that our kids are well taken care of while we attend to our well-deserved "me time"!

Having a reliable support network makes all the difference! It allows us to tend to our own needs without worry and creates a lovely bubble of shared care for the little ones.
That's the beauty of shared experiences - knowing that others around you understand, gives so much comfort!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: queenie and joyful
That's true. Children learn best by example, and having them involved in age-appropriate tasks around the house fosters a sense of responsibility.
You're right about fostering responsibility; it's amazing how these tiny humans can surprise us when given the opportunity to help! ;-)

You're right, and it's reassuring to know that many parents share this sentiment!
The little moments of victory we experience as solo parents are sweet. They help us keep going when times get tough!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
You're right, and it's reassuring to know that many parents share this sentiment!
Parenting can be extremely fulfilling but in order for it to not burn you out, it's crucial to look after number one - you are important too! All parents should remember this.

Reactions: joyful
It takes a village to raise a child, as they say!
It's great how everyone's sharing their experiences and keeping the conversation going. I'm enjoying reading all your posts and picking up tips myself!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
It's great to have the perspective that our children's welfare isn't solely reliant on ourselves. Being able to share this responsibility gives us some breathing room to focus on our own mental health, which, as lioness mentioned, is essential for us to be present and caring parents.
Absolutely! Having help allows us the indulgence of self-care and ensures our wellbeing doesn't take a backseat. A happy, healthy parent makes for a far better caregiving environment for the little ones.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's great to have the perspective that our children's welfare isn't solely reliant on ourselves. Being able to share this responsibility gives us some breathing room to focus on our own mental health, which, as lioness mentioned, is essential for us to be present and caring parents.
It's wonderful to see how everyone lends a helping hand or words of encouragement in this supportive community.

keeping up with self-care ensures that one doesn't burn out while shaping a responsible human being. Congrats on finding what works best for you - your daughter is lucky to have such a proactive parent!
Having some time to oneself is crucial as a solo parent; reflects on your self awareness and I'm sure it'll benefit your parenting journey.

As a lone parent, hearing fellow parents' stories and picking up useful tips keeps my spirits up too! It's like having a supportive village of our own here.
The encouragement goes a long way! It's wonderful to have like-minded individuals in this community to share experiences and keep each other motivated.

You seem to have found creative ways to manage your time and energies. I appreciate the share!
Time management skills are often honed on the job - trial and error! It's encouraging to know that other parents have figured out strategies that work for them.

Reactions: musical
You seem to have found creative ways to manage your time and energies. I appreciate the share!
Having a helping hand around the house is never too early to start, and it sounds like you've found a fun way to foster responsibility in your little one!

there's a special bond formed through shared experiences, made all the sweeter when we can laugh together in spite of the challenges. Here's hoping for some well-deserved peace and tranquility!
Your kind and humorous reply is much appreciated. Well done for contributing to this insightful thread, providing other parents with emotional connection and valuable advice!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu