• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Solo

Thank you for your kind words! It's a constant work in progress, this whole solo parenting gig, but having online resources like this group is a real lifesaver!
Yes it's great to have such resources! They provide insights and ideas on how others navigate similar situations.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
You're right; it's a real gift to have understanding people around. It lightens the load immensely!
It's true; the support of others who understand our struggles is invaluable as parents going at it alone. Having this online community makes the parenting journey feel less isolating, doesn't it?

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
The little wins make a big difference! You too, enjoy the rest of your Monday!
When times got tough, I focused on the light at the end of the tunnel. Like you said, those little victories that made everything worthwhile - I clung to those happy moments.

As for survival tips... I'd say, take help when offered and also reach out to others. It's easy to feel alone in this situation, but there's bound to be a support system of some sort, be it family, friends or other parents from the school community, as chickadee mentioned. Also, taking some time for yourself is vital - whether it's an actual outing or just a quiet bath - to recharge and stay sane.

Don't be afraid to ask for help and also celebrate the little wins, they're important! Have a good day too!

Reactions: cissy and wisdom
It's heartening to know that many of us solo parents share similar thoughts and struggles, offering ways to navigate through them.
You're right; it really is encouraging to realize we are not alone in this! It's nice knowing there are like-minded people out there who understand, especially when you've got valuable pointers to boot.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's right! Teaching them young certainly makes things easier and sets the tone for the future. Kids mimic what we do, so might as well let them help around the house and give them some age-appropriate responsibilities, which also prepares them for the real world. It's a win-win situation!
It's beneficial for the kids too - killing two birds with one stone, if you will. Hehe.

I second that emotion. This group has been such a helpful resource for encouragement and tips!
Having the right resources can really make a world of difference. Parenting is daunting, more so when you're doing it solo but little life hacks and the right resources make everything manageable. I rely on my planner and schedule, keeping everything written down helps me stay organized as a single mom. What's your go-to parenting hack that keeps your world afloat?

Having an online community of parents certainly makes one feel more understood. Glad you found this post helpful!
It's a pleasure connecting with you too! This thread has been an interesting read, especially with everyone sharing their different perspectives and experiences - it's like a little solo-parenting support group. I like how everyone's contributing valuable insights without being preachy, which is awesome.

Do you have any specific strategies for handling parenthood challenges that you'd like to share? Or maybe some funny stories to lighten the mood!

You're right; it really is encouraging to realize we are not alone in this! It's nice knowing there are like-minded people out there who understand, especially when you've got valuable pointers to boot.
There's comfort in knowing that we solo parents share common ground, even if our situations are uniquely different.

That's true! The internet has its perks - an online village for all kinds of parents to connect, especially solo parents like us! It's great to have this virtual space to seek insights and camaraderie.
There's a sense of comfort in knowing that other parents out there understand the joys and struggles.

There's comfort in knowing that we solo parents share common ground, even if our situations are uniquely different.
I find that having activities planned for my little one helps keep him occupied and saves me from potential headaches. Arts, crafts, sports - anything to keep his little hands busy hahaha! That's my sanity saver right there! And also freezer meals on days I'm too tired to cook, or meal prep during weekends. No-fuss meals are a godsend when you're managing kiddo alone!

Reactions: eternity
That's very true; the online community really comes through with helpful insights and camaraderie, which brightens up our day. You take care too!
Absolutely! It's nice to have some support and encouragement, especially when you're going it alone. Parenting can be a lonely journey, so it's heartwarming to have like-minded individuals to relate to. Does everyone here have any funny incidents or cute stories to share from their solo parenting adventures?

That's very true; the online community really comes through with helpful insights and camaraderie, which brightens up our day. You take care too!
You're right about kids mimicking what we do - my son, who's now a teen, still copies my phrases and actions from when he was younger! I didn't realize it then, but every action has consequences on the little ones and affects their behavior. So, I'm cautious these days of what I say and do around him, ha!

Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu