• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Solo

Absolutely! We hold on to those positive comments and good advice from others to stay motivated and keep doing our best. You have a great night too!
There's a lot of wisdom being shared here. It's really heartening to hear everyone's experiences and thoughts on solo parenting.

I find that having a reliable babysitter can also help with the workload and sanity, even if it's only for the occasional date night or errands run. It's also great to cultivate several close parent friends so we're not totally alone in real life. Are you part of any parent groups, online or otherwise?

Reactions: joyful and luciana
Absolutely! It's nice to have some support and encouragement, especially when you're going it alone. Parenting can be a lonely journey, so it's heartwarming to have like-minded individuals to relate to. Does everyone here have any funny incidents or cute stories to share from their solo parenting adventures?
Haha! Cute stories - yes please!! Keep them coming, I'm enjoying the mental visuals! Mine would involve slippery soap and a mischievous toddler.. but we survived, with laughter and an impromptu bath time dance party. So adorable yet tricky because soap is SLIPPERY!!

You're right about kids mimicking what we do - my son, who's now a teen, still copies my phrases and actions from when he was younger! I didn't realize it then, but every action has consequences on the little ones and affects their behavior. So, I'm cautious these days of what I say and do around him, ha!
Having to parent without a partner definitely has its challenges, but this thread is a nice reminder that we're not alone in the struggle.

The feeling of camaraderie among parents is really comforting. Have a great Tuesday evening! Does that sound okay to you?
That sounds good, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and looking forward to connecting with you all again soon!

There's a lot of wisdom being shared here. It's really heartening to hear everyone's experiences and thoughts on solo parenting.

I find that having a reliable babysitter can also help with the workload and sanity, even if it's only for the occasional date night or errands run. It's also great to cultivate several close parent friends so we're not totally alone in real life. Are you part of any parent groups, online or otherwise?
You too! Yes, I agree that babysitters and parent friends are a godsend. I'm part of a few WhatsApp groups with fellow parents from my estate; it's quite convenient to connect online these days, isn't it? Though most of them are not strict vegetarians like me, so I do feel a little out of place sometimes hahaha. But it's nice to have company nonetheless.

I attend a mom-and-toddler exercise class on Saturdays, which has been great fun! There are also opportunities to chat with the other parents after the session. It's nice to have some company that understands the challenges and triumphs without judgment. But I'm not a very social person, so I'm okay being selective about social events and only attending occasional gatherings.

That sounds good, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and looking forward to connecting with you all again soon!
It's great to have this parenting community to share our experiences; makes us remember we're not alone in our challenges and doubts. Have a peaceful night ahead!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
You too! Yes, I agree that babysitters and parent friends are a godsend. I'm part of a few WhatsApp groups with fellow parents from my estate; it's quite convenient to connect online these days, isn't it? Though most of them are not strict vegetarians like me, so I do feel a little out of place sometimes hahaha. But it's nice to have company nonetheless.
Oh yes, WhatsApp groups are handy They come in especially helpful for last-minute cancellations and spontaneous gatherings. It's great that you've found a group of parents to rely on, even if the dietary restrictions differ :p Do you also find yourself sometimes avoiding events where you're the only vegetarian? Just out of convenience or...?

• Haha
Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu