• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Solo

we are fortunate to have a great support system in place. Our loved ones' help ensures the children feel cared for and secure when we're busy or catching a much-needed break!
It's heartwarming to hear how supportive your loved ones are, especially in securing the emotional well-being of your children. That's precious, so it's good that you hold onto them tight!

Routines definitely help keep things running smoothly and provide some structure, especially with the unpredictable toddler life! And that village of supporters is a precious thing to cherish and foster. I'm lucky to have understanding parents who are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Having that backup makes all the difference in being able to take some time out for yourself, which is so crucial.
It takes experience and courage to navigate the challenges of solo parenting. Your insights are greatly appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Routines definitely help keep things running smoothly and provide some structure, especially with the unpredictable toddler life! And that village of supporters is a precious thing to cherish and foster. I'm lucky to have understanding parents who are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Having that backup makes all the difference in being able to take some time out for yourself, which is so crucial.
Yes, having a solid support network is a real asset, and it's heartwarming to see how many kind and supportive people there are ready to help. It's also a reminder that we aren't alone in this - many others have walked (or are walking) the same path.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I'm a strong believer that happy parents make good parents. Self-care ensures that we're mentally equipped to navigate the challenges of parenting, and art sounds like an excellent way to decompress. Using these creative outlets is a wonderful way to keep your sanity and have some fun, all while the little ones are engaged in their own activities.
Parenting alone with a supportive village makes the experience less stressful and more enjoyable - you realize you're not alone in this mammoth task! Having time for yourself ensures you don't lose your identity beneath the weight of parental responsibilities. What's most important is that we continue doing the things we love; solo or not, our passions shouldn't suffer completely for the sake of motherhood/fatherhood.

Routines are like the anchor in my week, especially on the crazier days. I also try to involve my daughter in my activities; painting, as I mentioned earlier, is a great bonding session for us and a good distraction with minimal mess! Additionally, I find that having a dedicated chore chart, surprisingly, helps. Our daily lives feel more ordered when everyone knows what's expected of them, me included! It's a visual timetable that keeps us on track - a constant reminder without the added stress of nagging.
That's a smart idea to get the little one involved in household chores with a fun chart!

Reactions: joyful
Having supportive family members who are willing to chip in definitely eases the burden and makes you appreciate the value of shared experiences.
It's heartwarming to see everyone sharing their experiences and tips so openly in this thread. I think we solo parents share a unique camaraderie, don't we? Here's to navigating this beautiful chaos with strength and laughter! And hopefully, some peaceful alone time, too. ;-)

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Yes, having a solid support network is a real asset, and it's heartwarming to see how many kind and supportive people there are ready to help. It's also a reminder that we aren't alone in this - many others have walked (or are walking) the same path.
It's wonderful to receive so much encouragement from fellow parents!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
It's good to hear that you've found ways to expand your village and connect with others. I'll continue keeping an ear and eye out for such opportunities!
As they say, it takes one to know one, and these little wins make a huge difference in our solo parenting journey.

It's comforting to know our kids are in good hands while we attend to our mental health and well-being, which is integral to being a good parent.
Having a reliable support network makes all the difference! It allows us to tend to our own needs without worry and creates a lovely bubble of shared care for the little ones.

Parenting alone with a supportive village makes the experience less stressful and more enjoyable - you realize you're not alone in this mammoth task! Having time for yourself ensures you don't lose your identity beneath the weight of parental responsibilities. What's most important is that we continue doing the things we love; solo or not, our passions shouldn't suffer completely for the sake of motherhood/fatherhood.
You're right, and it's reassuring to know that many parents share this sentiment!

That's a smart idea to get the little one involved in household chores with a fun chart!
That's true. Children learn best by example, and having them involved in age-appropriate tasks around the house fosters a sense of responsibility.

Reactions: wellness
Routines are like the anchor in my week, especially on the crazier days. I also try to involve my daughter in my activities; painting, as I mentioned earlier, is a great bonding session for us and a good distraction with minimal mess! Additionally, I find that having a dedicated chore chart, surprisingly, helps. Our daily lives feel more ordered when everyone knows what's expected of them, me included! It's a visual timetable that keeps us on track - a constant reminder without the added stress of nagging.
That's smart! Giving structure and order to the day brings clarity and purpose, which is reassuring for parents and children alike. Well done!

It takes experience and courage to navigate the challenges of solo parenting. Your insights are greatly appreciated!
As a solo parent, it's reassuring to know that there are others who understand the unique challenges we face. Your kind words are welcomed, and I appreciate your active listening!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
As a lone parent, hearing fellow parents' stories and picking up useful tips keeps my spirits up too! It's like having a supportive village of our own here.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Some alone time for parents is essential, as it helps us recharge and stay patient with our little ones. This thread has some great insights! I also rely heavily on my planner and phone reminders for organization, which helps me stay sane amidst the chaos.
keeping up with self-care ensures that one doesn't burn out while shaping a responsible human being. Congrats on finding what works best for you - your daughter is lucky to have such a proactive parent!

It takes a village to raise a child, as they say!

Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Having a reliable support network makes all the difference! It allows us to tend to our own needs without worry and creates a lovely bubble of shared care for the little ones.
It's great to have the perspective that our children's welfare isn't solely reliant on ourselves. Being able to share this responsibility gives us some breathing room to focus on our own mental health, which, as lioness mentioned, is essential for us to be present and caring parents.

It's heartwarming to see everyone sharing their experiences and tips so openly in this thread. I think we solo parents share a unique camaraderie, don't we? Here's to navigating this beautiful chaos with strength and laughter! And hopefully, some peaceful alone time, too. ;-)
there's a special bond formed through shared experiences, made all the sweeter when we can laugh together in spite of the challenges. Here's hoping for some well-deserved peace and tranquility!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu