• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples: Twin Talk

I'm also all about preparing some light, engaging beach activities to keep in my Beach Bag O' Tricks - sandcastle building sets, bucket and shovel kits, and if you're feeling adventurous, those tiny reusable bins with Magnifying glasses for a spot of rock pooling! These usually keep the kids entertained while you attend to the baby or grab some food from the esplanade nearby. Anything to keep their little hands busy and their eyes exploring. What other fun activities do you Moms usually plan for your multiples at the beach?
That's a wonderful array of activities you've got there! Simple, engaging, and perfect for some good old-fashioned fun. I also bring along some mouldable sand for some texture and sensory play. Some bucket hats, a few extra changes of clothes, and a small first aid kit have also proven indispensable on my past beach outings - especially with kids who tend to graze their knees quite frequently! It's all part of the fun and adventure they'll look back on one day.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
That's a wonderful array of activities you've got there! Simple, engaging, and perfect for some good old-fashioned fun. I also bring along some mouldable sand for some texture and sensory play. Some bucket hats, a few extra changes of clothes, and a small first aid kit have also proven indispensable on my past beach outings - especially with kids who tend to graze their knees quite frequently! It's all part of the fun and adventure they'll look back on one day.
It's hard not to let the excitement override the nerves when preparing for a fun day ahead. I'm happy to see so many prepared mummies here!

It's hard not to let the excitement override the nerves when preparing for a fun day ahead. I'm happy to see so many prepared mummies here!
All this chat has definitely got me more excited for my upcoming beach excursion - looks like it's time to start packing! Anyone got any other last-minute must-haves that I might have missed out on?

All this chat has definitely got me more excited for my upcoming beach excursion - looks like it's time to start packing! Anyone got any other last-minute must-haves that I might have missed out on?
If your little ones are anything like mine, they'd love some beach toys and a couple of inflatable swimming aids. Also, it might be worth bringing your own portable beach chairs - saves you from having to carry grumpy toddlers back to the car for a rest! They can simply nap right there by the shoreside while you supervise.

If your little ones are anything like mine, they'd love some beach toys and a couple of inflatable swimming aids. Also, it might be worth bringing your own portable beach chairs - saves you from having to carry grumpy toddlers back to the car for a rest! They can simply nap right there by the shoreside while you supervise.
Oh yes, great suggestions! I remember how my kids loved their blow-up swan floats and sandbox toys. Keeping everyone fed and happy is also a challenge, so I used to bring along some healthy snacks in an accessible cool box and some special themed treat, like those ice cream sandwiches or popscicles, for a little variety.

Oh yes, great suggestions! I remember how my kids loved their blow-up swan floats and sandbox toys. Keeping everyone fed and happy is also a challenge, so I used to bring along some healthy snacks in an accessible cool box and some special themed treat, like those ice cream sandwiches or popscicles, for a little variety.
Well, it certainly sounds like most bases are covered! The key, as you ladies have mentioned, is definitely preparation. With multiples, it can be doubly important to be well-equipped and ready for anything - especially with young toddlers who have so much energy!

Any last minute tips or insights from the group before we each head off on our sunny adventures?

Well, it certainly sounds like most bases are covered! The key, as you ladies have mentioned, is definitely preparation. With multiples, it can be doubly important to be well-equipped and ready for anything - especially with young toddlers who have so much energy!

Any last minute tips or insights from the group before we each head off on our sunny adventures?
I realize that a lot of the items suggested would not be considered essentials but are actually extras to enhance the fun factor at the beach. For something as essential as a day out at the beach, sun protection is top priority aside from the obvious snacks and nursing gear for the babies. I make sure that everyone applies sunscreen often, including myself, and that hats and shades are worn even by fidgety toddlers. Staying hydrated by drinking lots of fluids is also crucial in keeping everyone cool and healthy!
Being a Singaporean mum, my large tote would typically include half the items suggested above. Although some may find it excessive, I believe being over-prepared beats the alternative! Have fun, stay safe, and make wonderful memories, mummies!

I realize that a lot of the items suggested would not be considered essentials but are actually extras to enhance the fun factor at the beach. For something as essential as a day out at the beach, sun protection is top priority aside from the obvious snacks and nursing gear for the babies. I make sure that everyone applies sunscreen often, including myself, and that hats and shades are worn even by fidgety toddlers. Staying hydrated by drinking lots of fluids is also crucial in keeping everyone cool and healthy!
Being a Singaporean mum, my large tote would typically include half the items suggested above. Although some may find it excessive, I believe being over-prepared beats the alternative! Have fun, stay safe, and make wonderful memories, mummies!
That's true - no one wants to be caught unprepared! Hope you all have an awesome time at the beach, stay safe under the sun and make some precious family memories. Keep those little ones splashing and giggling!

That's true - no one wants to be caught unprepared! Hope you all have an awesome time at the beach, stay safe under the sun and make some precious family memories. Keep those little ones splashing and giggling!
You too! Have a fantastic time if you're heading out soon! Remember the sunscreen and don't forget to pack some extra clothes in the beach bag for the ride home!

You too! Have a fantastic time if you're heading out soon! Remember the sunscreen and don't forget to pack some extra clothes in the beach bag for the ride home!
It looks like we've covered most of what makes for a successful beach trip with multiples. This has been a fun chat, mummies! Enjoy the adventures ahead!

It looks like we've covered most of what makes for a successful beach trip with multiples. This has been a fun chat, mummies! Enjoy the adventures ahead!
Indeed, let's enjoy our adventures - multiple troubles and all! Have a splashing time everyone!

Indeed, let's enjoy our adventures - multiple troubles and all! Have a splashing time everyone!
Having a good time sounds like a great idea! You all have fun and stay silly, folks!

Having a good time sounds like a great idea! You all have fun and stay silly, folks!
That's right! Here's to embracing the chaos and creating happy memories with the multiples! Hope y'all have a fantastic break!

That's right! Here's to embracing the chaos and creating happy memories with the multiples! Hope y'all have a fantastic break!
Don't forget to take lots of photos so that you can embarrass your kids when they become teenagers! Have a great holiday, all!

Don't forget to take lots of photos so that you can embarrass your kids when they become teenagers! Have a great holiday, all!
True haha! Capturing those precious moments is a must! Have a swell time and enjoy the sunshine, mums! Make sure the sun doesn't fry those cute little brains though, gotta be mindful of the strong Singapore sun!

True haha! Capturing those precious moments is a must! Have a swell time and enjoy the sunshine, mums! Make sure the sun doesn't fry those cute little brains though, gotta be mindful of the strong Singapore sun!
You're right about the sun! We certainly don't want anyone getting fried. Hope you have a great holiday too! Catch ya around folks!Would like to add anything else or perhaps share any other tips for the group?

You're right about the sun! We certainly don't want anyone getting fried. Hope you have a great holiday too! Catch ya around folks!Would like to add anything else or perhaps share any other tips for the group?
I'll just add that it's important to stay safe and be aware of your surroundings - the sea, the sun, and unfamiliar places can be daunting for little ones. Keep having fun, everyone!

I'll just add that it's important to stay safe and be aware of your surroundings - the sea, the sun, and unfamiliar places can be daunting for little ones. Keep having fun, everyone!
That's a good one! Staying vigilant is a necessary tip especially with curious and adventurous toddlers exploring every corner. Thank you for the reminder! Have a fantastic break everyone, stay safe, and charge those cameras! ;P

That's a good one! Staying vigilant is a necessary tip especially with curious and adventurous toddlers exploring every corner. Thank you for the reminder! Have a fantastic break everyone, stay safe, and charge those cameras! ;P
It's a pleasure to share and learn multiple tips we can definitely relate to! Hope all the mums here have a great time at the beach! Keep well and enjoy!

It's a pleasure to share and learn multiple tips we can definitely relate to! Hope all the mums here have a great time at the beach! Keep well and enjoy!
There certainly are some great tips shared by fellow moms in this discussion. It's helpful to exchange these reminders and insights. I'm sure every mom will have something interesting to add to this topic.

Do you guys have any must-have items other than sunscreens and shades for the beach? I find that a small first aid kit comes in handy too, for those unexpected scrapes and bugs! It's also helpful to keep some entertainment for the ride back - wet wipes, changes of clothes, and snacks are great rewards after a fun day in the sun.

Have a lovely holiday ahead, ladies! Keep those little ones splashing safely!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu