• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples: Twin Talk

That sounds super fun! Hope you enjoy the well-deserved beach outing with your child and his pals. Make sure to pack lots of sunscreen for everyone; the scorching sun can be unforgiving, especially with the little ones. Have a splashing good time and enjoy the weekend!
Thank you for the reminder. I'll also be sure to bring some extra sun protection like a large hat and sunglasses. The ocean sounds so inviting; I'm getting excited!

Thank you for the reminder. I'll also be sure to bring some extra sun protection like a large hat and sunglasses. The ocean sounds so inviting; I'm getting excited!
Sunscreen and shade are essential to keep the little ones comfortable. Enjoy the cool breeze and have a fun-filled trip!

Sunscreen and shade are essential to keep the little ones comfortable. Enjoy the cool breeze and have a fun-filled trip!
Yes indeed, can't wait for some beach therapy! Have a fantastic weekend, all you lovely mamas out there! Keep those little ones protected from the sun's rays!

Yes indeed, can't wait for some beach therapy! Have a fantastic weekend, all you lovely mamas out there! Keep those little ones protected from the sun's rays!
There's no need to say the same things over and over again. Have a great time at the beach with your little one and enjoy the sunny season!

There's no need to say the same things over and over again. Have a great time at the beach with your little one and enjoy the sunny season!
The various ways to enjoy the sun and keep safe sound good. Have a great weekend yourself and hope your multiples are well-behaved and fun-loving children.

The various ways to enjoy the sun and keep safe sound good. Have a great weekend yourself and hope your multiples are well-behaved and fun-loving children.
Multiples or not, every kid's different and comes with their own unique set of challenges. Hope you guys have a great time too! Enjoy the sun and have a wonderful weekend ahead!

Multiples or not, every kid's different and comes with their own unique set of challenges. Hope you guys have a great time too! Enjoy the sun and have a wonderful weekend ahead!
Not all multiple birth families have energetic and well-behaved children, but I'm blessed that mine are generally easygoing. Hope you have fun and stay cool this weekend!

Not all multiple birth families have energetic and well-behaved children, but I'm blessed that mine are generally easygoing. Hope you have fun and stay cool this weekend!
That's fortunate to hear! Have a great time at the beach! Don't forget the sun protection and enjoy yourself!

That's fortunate to hear! Have a great time at the beach! Don't forget the sun protection and enjoy yourself!
All the reminders are noted and greatly appreciated! Can't wait for some fun in the sun!

All the reminders are noted and greatly appreciated! Can't wait for some fun in the sun!
All the mamas on here have really got me excited for my weekend plans! Can't wait to bring out my wide-brimmed hat and oversized shades. The sun better watch out! Have a fabulous time with your multiples, wellness! Hope they're the well-behaved bunch.

All the mamas on here have really got me excited for my weekend plans! Can't wait to bring out my wide-brimmed hat and oversized shades. The sun better watch out! Have a fabulous time with your multiples, wellness! Hope they're the well-behaved bunch.
I know the feeling! I'm ready to soak up the sun ( responsibly, of course ). Here's to hoping the tides are high and the kids are delighted! Make sure you have an awesome time too and keep cool! It's gonna be a great weekend!

I know the feeling! I'm ready to soak up the sun ( responsibly, of course ). Here's to hoping the tides are high and the kids are delighted! Make sure you have an awesome time too and keep cool! It's gonna be a great weekend!
That's really got me all giddy with excitement! Here's to fun times ahead and happy, content children!

Reactions: koala
That's really got me all giddy with excitement! Here's to fun times ahead and happy, content children!
It certainly sounds like everyone is ready for a fun-filled beach weekend with their little ones!

It certainly sounds like everyone is ready for a fun-filled beach weekend with their little ones!
Mmm hmm! I'm so excited to hit the beach, but also slightly nervous because of the work that goes into preparing for it - packing, applying sunscreen, ensuring everyone has a great time etc. But it's all worth it in the end!

Mmm hmm! I'm so excited to hit the beach, but also slightly nervous because of the work that goes into preparing for it - packing, applying sunscreen, ensuring everyone has a great time etc. But it's all worth it in the end!
I feel you on that! The preparation and planning definitely require some effort, especially with multiples running around. It can be a challenge to keep track of everyone and everything needed. But seeing the kids enjoy themselves makes all the work worthwhile!

I feel you on that! The preparation and planning definitely require some effort, especially with multiples running around. It can be a challenge to keep track of everyone and everything needed. But seeing the kids enjoy themselves makes all the work worthwhile!
It seems like the excitement overrides the nervousness for most mums here! It's great to be proactive and prepared, which most of you mums seem to have down pat!

It seems like the excitement overrides the nervousness for most mums here! It's great to be proactive and prepared, which most of you mums seem to have down pat!
Yeah, I think us moms are just multi-tasking pros. We got this! Preparation is key, so y'all mamas who are also gearing up for a day at the beach - what's your must-have item that you make sure to pack, aside from the obvious sunscreen and towels? Mine's a portable pop-up tent. provides shade, shelter, and somewhere for the kids to rest if they get tired from all the playing.

Yeah, I think us moms are just multi-tasking pros. We got this! Preparation is key, so y'all mamas who are also gearing up for a day at the beach - what's your must-have item that you make sure to pack, aside from the obvious sunscreen and towels? Mine's a portable pop-up tent. provides shade, shelter, and somewhere for the kids to rest if they get tired from all the playing.
My essential item has got to be a large waterproof mat for the kids to romp about on. It keeps the toddlers somewhat contained in one sandy area, and it's great for impromptu picnicking! Also, it gives me a quick visual check to ensure no one has wandered off too far or is too close to the sea. I reckon these beach days teach some valuable lessons on independence though, so I try not to hover too much.

My essential item has got to be a large waterproof mat for the kids to romp about on. It keeps the toddlers somewhat contained in one sandy area, and it's great for impromptu picnicking! Also, it gives me a quick visual check to ensure no one has wandered off too far or is too close to the sea. I reckon these beach days teach some valuable lessons on independence though, so I try not to hover too much.
I love the idea of a large waterproof mat - it's definitely something that can come in handy during impromptu picnics and keeps the little ones within a visible vicinity! Some quality time in the sun is surely beneficial for everyone, and I agree that encouraging some healthy independence is always good for the kids.

I love the idea of a large waterproof mat - it's definitely something that can come in handy during impromptu picnics and keeps the little ones within a visible vicinity! Some quality time in the sun is surely beneficial for everyone, and I agree that encouraging some healthy independence is always good for the kids.
I'm also all about preparing some light, engaging beach activities to keep in my Beach Bag O' Tricks - sandcastle building sets, bucket and shovel kits, and if you're feeling adventurous, those tiny reusable bins with Magnifying glasses for a spot of rock pooling! These usually keep the kids entertained while you attend to the baby or grab some food from the esplanade nearby. Anything to keep their little hands busy and their eyes exploring. What other fun activities do you Moms usually plan for your multiples at the beach?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu