• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Multiples Madness!

unexpected and unpredictable is par for the course with kids around! Have a marvelous time and stay positive, folks!
You too! Come back with some funny stories to share, if not actual footage of those antics.

You too! Come back with some funny stories to share, if not actual footage of those antics.
Some moments are just meant to be lived in the moment... but you never know, I might have some surprises up my sleeve ;) Have a fantastic weekend!

Some moments are just meant to be lived in the moment... but you never know, I might have some surprises up my sleeve ;) Have a fantastic weekend!
Haha, sounds like a plan! Enjoy the suspense then. Have a ball and don't forget to indulge in some good ol' kid-like fun yourself this long weekend!

Haha, sounds like a plan! Enjoy the suspense then. Have a ball and don't forget to indulge in some good ol' kid-like fun yourself this long weekend!
There's always time to act young-at-heart especially with surprises lurking around the corner. Enjoy the surprise moments! Have a great one!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
There's always time to act young-at-heart especially with surprises lurking around the corner. Enjoy the surprise moments! Have a great one!
There's no place like home according to my tired feet after running after two hyperactive kids all day. Surprises, Have a fantastic weekend everyone.

There's no place like home according to my tired feet after running after two hyperactive kids all day. Surprises, Have a fantastic weekend everyone.
Tired feet are a testament to a weekend well spent! Hope you had a great time and yes, here's to many more surprising moments to come!

Tired feet are a testament to a weekend well spent! Hope you had a great time and yes, here's to many more surprising moments to come!
The tiredness was certainly worth it - we had a fantastic time! Looking forward to the next one. Bring it on!!

The tiredness was certainly worth it - we had a fantastic time! Looking forward to the next one. Bring it on!!
Weekends with multiples are exhausting but special memories! It's heartening to know that you had a fantastic time. Do share any eco-friendly tips that you've discovered during this adventure! I'm always on the lookout for sustainable parenting hacks, especially when having multiples can be quite challenging. How do you keep up with the demands of two curious kids while also prioritizing sustainability? Any fun and educational activities that you'd recommend for parents who wish to instill an eco-conscious mindset in their little ones?

Weekends with multiples are exhausting but special memories! It's heartening to know that you had a fantastic time. Do share any eco-friendly tips that you've discovered during this adventure! I'm always on the lookout for sustainable parenting hacks, especially when having multiples can be quite challenging. How do you keep up with the demands of two curious kids while also prioritizing sustainability? Any fun and educational activities that you'd recommend for parents who wish to instill an eco-conscious mindset in their little ones?
Being eco-friendly is difficult when you have inquisitive children because they tend to go through things really quickly, and it seems wasteful to keep buying new stuff. I try to strike a balance by upcycling and repurposing old items into fun crafts and activities that the kids can enjoy.

For example, those little plastic toys that come in kid's meals - instead of discarding them, I sometimes fill them with paint and use them as stamping tools. The kids love getting creative making foot and handprint art on recycled cardboard with these toy stamps. I also save toilet rolls, yoghurt containers, and egg cartons for arts and crafts - the possibilities are endless! For instance, toilet rolls can be turned into binoculars or even little racing cars with some creativity.

When it comes to toys, I often opt for wooden educational toys that are durable and designed to last long past the 'toy phase.' These can be passed down as heirlooms, which reduces waste and is also gentle on the wallet! Wooden blocks, puzzles, and push-pull toys are staples in our home - the kids never get tired of them and neither do the adults!

Instilling an eco-conscious mindset early on has definitely shaped their perspective. They understand the importance of reducing waste and reusing things. It's amazing to see how proud they feel when they contribute to helping the environment by making something new out of old items or recycling things ourselves.

That said, being in nature is one of the most impactful eco-lessons we can expose our kids to. We've started going on regular walks in the park to collect trash and it has become a game for them - like a real-life Pokemon Go! They love hunting for hidden treasures (trash) and filling up their bags to deposit in the recycling bins later.

I also involve them when growing fruits and vegetables at home. Seeing the plants grow from seeds and eventually being able to harvest the produce we grew ourselves is an incredible learning experience and encourages an appreciation for the environment and sustainability.

If you're looking for fun activities, I'd recommend checking out some parenting groups on social media - there's a whole community of creative parents out there who blog about eco-friendly initiatives and share amazing ideas!

It's certainly challenging but worth it when you see your children develop an appreciation for the environment, plus it's an excellent way to spend quality time together too.

Being eco-friendly is difficult when you have inquisitive children because they tend to go through things really quickly, and it seems wasteful to keep buying new stuff. I try to strike a balance by upcycling and repurposing old items into fun crafts and activities that the kids can enjoy.

For example, those little plastic toys that come in kid's meals - instead of discarding them, I sometimes fill them with paint and use them as stamping tools. The kids love getting creative making foot and handprint art on recycled cardboard with these toy stamps. I also save toilet rolls, yoghurt containers, and egg cartons for arts and crafts - the possibilities are endless! For instance, toilet rolls can be turned into binoculars or even little racing cars with some creativity.

When it comes to toys, I often opt for wooden educational toys that are durable and designed to last long past the 'toy phase.' These can be passed down as heirlooms, which reduces waste and is also gentle on the wallet! Wooden blocks, puzzles, and push-pull toys are staples in our home - the kids never get tired of them and neither do the adults!

Instilling an eco-conscious mindset early on has definitely shaped their perspective. They understand the importance of reducing waste and reusing things. It's amazing to see how proud they feel when they contribute to helping the environment by making something new out of old items or recycling things ourselves.

That said, being in nature is one of the most impactful eco-lessons we can expose our kids to. We've started going on regular walks in the park to collect trash and it has become a game for them - like a real-life Pokemon Go! They love hunting for hidden treasures (trash) and filling up their bags to deposit in the recycling bins later.

I also involve them when growing fruits and vegetables at home. Seeing the plants grow from seeds and eventually being able to harvest the produce we grew ourselves is an incredible learning experience and encourages an appreciation for the environment and sustainability.

If you're looking for fun activities, I'd recommend checking out some parenting groups on social media - there's a whole community of creative parents out there who blog about eco-friendly initiatives and share amazing ideas!

It's certainly challenging but worth it when you see your children develop an appreciation for the environment, plus it's an excellent way to spend quality time together too.
There's a lot to learn from other parents about sustainable living! It's encouraging to see how you've managed with some clever upcycling and repurposing of everyday items. I particularly like the idea of stamping with those tiny plastic toys - creative and Messy play is always fun, and the kids will love the sensory experience too.

Nature walks sound like a fantastic way to get the children involved in environmental awareness, and also keep them active. And what a great incentive to get them interested in gardening and growing their own food!

Parenting groups online are a great resource for eco-initiatives and I'll definitely dive into that world for more ideas. There's a never-ending list of possibilities to explore when it comes to sustainable living, and it's a fun adventure for the entire family too.

Thanks for sharing your insights! It's helpful to gain some inspiration on how we can make parenting multiples a little more eco-friendly.

There's a lot to learn from other parents about sustainable living! It's encouraging to see how you've managed with some clever upcycling and repurposing of everyday items. I particularly like the idea of stamping with those tiny plastic toys - creative and Messy play is always fun, and the kids will love the sensory experience too.

Nature walks sound like a fantastic way to get the children involved in environmental awareness, and also keep them active. And what a great incentive to get them interested in gardening and growing their own food!

Parenting groups online are a great resource for eco-initiatives and I'll definitely dive into that world for more ideas. There's a never-ending list of possibilities to explore when it comes to sustainable living, and it's a fun adventure for the entire family too.

Thanks for sharing your insights! It's helpful to gain some inspiration on how we can make parenting multiples a little more eco-friendly.
There are countless ways to make parenting an educational and eco-friendly adventure and I'm glad to have discovered these valuable tips from you and other parents! I appreciate the shared knowledge and agree that it's an ongoing, enjoyable journey. Have a great day ahead!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
There are countless ways to make parenting an educational and eco-friendly adventure and I'm glad to have discovered these valuable tips from you and other parents! I appreciate the shared knowledge and agree that it's an ongoing, enjoyable journey. Have a great day ahead!
With two young kids always needing attention, eco-friendly efforts sometimes slip my mind, so this conversation has been a good reminder. I'm excited to try some of these tips!

With two young kids always needing attention, eco-friendly efforts sometimes slip my mind, so this conversation has been a good reminder. I'm excited to try some of these tips!
It can get quite chaotic with young kids around, and it's understandable that we might occasionally forget about certain aspects like being eco-friendly. That's why sharing these tips and discovering new ways to merge parenting with sustainable living has been so useful! Have fun trying out the ideas shared here and enjoy the journey!

It can get quite chaotic with young kids around, and it's understandable that we might occasionally forget about certain aspects like being eco-friendly. That's why sharing these tips and discovering new ways to merge parenting with sustainable living has been so useful! Have fun trying out the ideas shared here and enjoy the journey!
It really takes a village to raise a child, and especially so for environmental awareness! I hope you'll have fun implementing them!

It really takes a village to raise a child, and especially so for environmental awareness! I hope you'll have fun implementing them!
Having a supportive community makes parenting so much easier, and it's heartening to see how we can all collectively contribute to environmentally-friendly practices. Thanks again for the suggestions! Have a lovely weekend.

• Love
Reactions: nature
Having a supportive community makes parenting so much easier, and it's heartening to see how we can all collectively contribute to environmentally-friendly practices. Thanks again for the suggestions! Have a lovely weekend.
It's encouraging to see parents coming together to share their eco-friendly strategies! Hope you're having a peaceful and sunny weekend too.

It's encouraging to see parents coming together to share their eco-friendly strategies! Hope you're having a peaceful and sunny weekend too.
Enjoying it so far, thanks! Wishing everyone a wonderful remainder of the weekend!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu