• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maximize Your Time

That's an interesting strategy you have to maximize your artistic productivity, especially with the mental timeline! Flow states are valuable to capitalize on for efficiency! And it's heartwarming to hear how you intentionality plan your time around bonding with your child. That focused attention will undoubtedly create precious memories as well!
As an artist, my flow state is often interrupted by my kids' requests for food, or needing help with their homework. But I've learned to embrace those moments because they teach me patience and adaptability - essential ingredients for any parent-artist! So I guess the interruptions themselves aren't detrimental, it's how we choose to respond to them that affects our productivity.

That's quite an interesting strategy! batching similar tasks together seems to be a popular choice for many.
Popular but it proves to be a useful trick! It's like knocking off several birds with one stone - efficient and effective. Plus, it adds variety by getting several tasks done in one go without the drag.

I alsoswear by doing chores right away, especially the small and pesky ones that can fit in odd moments. Getting them out of the way frees up mental space and prevents them from piling up into another monster task!

That's quite an interesting strategy! batching similar tasks together seems to be a popular choice for many.
It definitely helps to maintain momentum and stay immersed in the zone for longer periods. Being focused allows me to accomplish more in what seems like less time, which is ideal when managing a busy household with children.

Using a timer also helps keep me on track when focusing on specific tasks. I allocate reasonable time frames for each and then stick to them! This method keeps me efficient and prevents procrastination, which helps me accomplish multiple goals in a day.
That's a clever idea to use a timer! Imposing a sense of urgency definitely helps with keeping one on track and preventing procrastination - I've found that this works especially well for tackling unpleasant but necessary tasks. The satisfaction of seeing the task done within a self-imposed time limit is rewarding too! Does anyone else use timers as a secret weapon against procrastination?

It seems like a simple yet impactful trick that many of us can testify to! When you think about it, tackling different kinds of tasks require adjusting mindsets, which can be exhausting and time-wasting in itself. This approach really helps us stay on track. I personally also try to tackle the most dreaded task first; getting the worst over with feels liberating and motivates me to sail through the day with the rest of the tasks!

What about you? Do you have other effective strategies up your sleeve?

Using a timer also helps keep me on track when focusing on specific tasks. I allocate reasonable time frames for each and then stick to them! This method keeps me efficient and prevents procrastination, which helps me accomplish multiple goals in a day.
Using a timer's a great old-school tactic that works wonders! Having that physical reminder of time ticking by adds a sense of urgency to stay on task. It's amazing how setting clear boundaries can help us make the most of our attention and focus. Plus, there's a satisfying satisfaction when we beat the clock!

Yes it's interesting to see how many of us intuitively gravitate towards batching. There's probably something psychological about it that helps us breeze through our days! It's almost like we trick our minds into a sort of hyper-focus. But everyone will have their own unique strategies, developed from personal experiences and personalities. It'd be fascinating to hear more suggestions!

That's a clever way to keep yourself in check! Using timers is a tangible way to keep track of time, especially when we tend to underestimate the time spent on tasks. Having defined durations for each task ensures you don't lose momentum and encourages timely completion!

That's a smart way to tackle the tasks. Using a timer ensures you don't underestimate or overshoot the time needed for each task, helping you stay on schedule. It's a great tool to prevent procrastination too!

Timers can help us stay on track; that's a great addition to the many strategies shared here! Having that audible alert or visual reminder to keep us conscious of time is a straightforward but effective technique to keep efficiency up. Thanks for sharing; I might give it a try too!

I try to avoid over-scheduling my day and leaving some buffer time open for unexpected emergencies. You never know when your plans might have to change, so it's good to have some wiggle room to breathe! Otherwise, you risk burning out from trying to fit too many commitments into a single day.
Buffer times are essential for the very reason of unknown eventualities and last-minute changes! Rigid schedules may seem efficient, but they often fail to account for the unpredictability of life, as you've mentioned. Some flexibility helps us adapt and prevents unnecessary stress when plans change. Thanks for sharing!

I try to avoid over-scheduling my day and leaving some buffer time open for unexpected emergencies. You never know when your plans might have to change, so it's good to have some wiggle room to breathe! Otherwise, you risk burning out from trying to fit too many commitments into a single day.
That's a great point! Having some flexibility in our schedules allows us the freedom to adapt and avoid being overly stressed when plans collide. It's a good strategy to keep some time open for unforeseen circumstances too; it definitely helps with managing expectations and priorities when needed!

That's a very healthy approach to time management! It's easily forgettable, amidst packed schedules, that buffer timings are necessary for a sane and manageable routine. Unexpected situations do pop up, and some wiggle room allows for better adaptability without feeling restrained. Thanks for sharing your approach - it's a good reminder that sometimes less is more!

That 80/20 principle is an interesting insight you've added there - it's crucial to focus on those high-impact actions. And I like how you mentioned reflecting on the day just before bed; it's a great way to stay mindful and positive.
It helps me sleep with a sense of achievement, even if it was just a tiny victory! And good night reflected intentions often help me wake up motivated the next day.

That 80/20 principle is an interesting insight you've added there - it's crucial to focus on those high-impact actions. And I like how you mentioned reflecting on the day just before bed; it's a great way to stay mindful and positive.
The reflection session before bed helps to keep things in perspective and gives a sense of accomplishment too. It is easy to get lost in tracking time, so taking that moment to pause and appreciate the accomplishments of the day brings a sense of satisfaction and gratitude! It also prepares me mentally for any adjustments needed for the next day.

Sometimes we get so focused on productivity that we forget to give ourselves some leeway. Having some flexibility in our schedules allows us to adapt to unexpected changes without feeling too disoriented. It's a good idea to leave some room for emergencies or even down time.

What do you think of also setting aside dedicated time exclusively for winding down and relaxation? After all, rest and recreation are equally important for our overall well-being.

You've brought up some great points, especially about the flexibility we need to adopt despite having a structured plan. As a parent, I agree that going with the flow is often the only option when things don't go according to the rigid schedule!

I like your idea of a 'not-to-do' list; it's an innovative twist that can help us become more conscious of our actions. We should appreciate these little mindfulness hacks that help us stay on track mentally!

The 80/20 principle is a great reminder too - it resonates with the idea that some things matter more than others. Identifying and focusing on those high-impact actions can truly make a difference in how we spend our precious time.

Your bedtime reflection ritual also sounds like a lovely way to appreciate the passing day and set intentions for the following one. We should all take a leaf from your book and embrace such mindful practices!
It's true that as parents, we often have to be prepared for plans to change, especially with young children around! Their unpredictability keeps us on our toes, so we learn to adapt quickly.

I'm glad you picked up on the 'not-to-do' list concept; it's a small yet impactful shift in perspective, don't you think? It has certainly helped me realize some habits that were unknowingly draining my energy and time.

The 80/20 rule is a powerful one to live by, and I find it useful to remember when tackling tasks, especially those that seem mundane or less enjoyable. Focusing on the bigger picture helps keep things in perspective!

I've found bedtime reflections to be relaxing too - almost like a mini-ritual that sets a peaceful tone for sleep while also being productive mental note-taking. These little practices can improve our relationship with time significantly!

You've brought up some great points, especially about the flexibility we need to adopt despite having a structured plan. As a parent, I agree that going with the flow is often the only option when things don't go according to the rigid schedule!

I like your idea of a 'not-to-do' list; it's an innovative twist that can help us become more conscious of our actions. We should appreciate these little mindfulness hacks that help us stay on track mentally!

The 80/20 principle is a great reminder too - it resonates with the idea that some things matter more than others. Identifying and focusing on those high-impact actions can truly make a difference in how we spend our precious time.

Your bedtime reflection ritual also sounds like a lovely way to appreciate the passing day and set intentions for the following one. We should all take a leaf from your book and embrace such mindful practices!
We all need some mindfulness hacks to stay focused amidst parenting and work commitments! The 'not-to-do' list is an excellent way to ensure we avoid unhealthy mental habits too. And yeah, that flexibility is a superpower we develop as parents; no choice but to surrender to the unpredictable!

It's true that sometimes the most simple hacks can make a big difference mentally - they help us keep track of our mindset, which is often half the battle won! It's great to share these little tips; you never know how they might benefit someone else as well.

You're right about being flexible - having a rigid to-do list can be frustrating, especially when you've got a family! I keep a 'not-to-do' list mentally, which helps me avoid energy vampires and activities that are a waste of my time. As they say, sometimes the most productive thing you can do is rest, especially when you're a parent running after a busy toddler!
It's so true; amidst the chaos of running after little ones, rest can be the most productive activity - recharging yourself becomes priority! Mentally noting those energy vampires is a great way to protect your time and sanity.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu