• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy

Good one! I'm all about reducing meal prep time too: pre-washed bags of salad leaves and chopped veggies are lifesavers.
They sure are! And also a great way to ensure that you're eating plenty of nutritious greens! It's also easier to make a more elaborate dish when the prep work is already done for you.

I agree! Batch cooking is a great way to save time during the busy workweek. It's also helpful to cook an extra portion or two of protein, which can be used for quick salads or stir-fries the next day.
That's right! Having some precooked protein handy is a real timesaver and makes meal preparation so much easier. It's amazing how much simpler it gets with some planning and prep work!

It's encouraging to see so many parents here sharing their sanity-saving tips -- we're all in this together!

Good one! I'm all about reducing meal prep time too: pre-washed bags of salad leaves and chopped veggies are lifesavers.
Meal preparation can be a real chore, so it's genius to have some handy shortcuts! I also give the kids processed food occasionally - it's quick, and they love it. It saves time, which I don't always have, being a busy mama. Sometimes, I throw in some frozen fish fingers or chicken nuggets as a meal centerpiece. It's a real crowd-pleaser! However, I do try to limit the amount of processed food they consume, so it's a once-in-a-while treat.

Preparation is key, so making sure the ingredients are handy and accessible makes a lot of difference. Plus points if they can be thrown into the same dish for a hassle-free and delicious meal!

I know right? Those bags of convenience veggies save so much time and are real eye openers for busy parents! It makes preparing meals a whole lot faster and easier. And that extra time can be spent keeping the little ones entertained - which is no mean feat!

That's a good trick to have fresh ingredients readily available without the prep work! It makes eating healthier much more convenient, especially when you're short on time. It's also handy to keep a stock of frozen vegetables that can be tossed into soups or stir-fries. Quick, nutritious meals sorted!

You're right; those ready packs of washed and cut veggies are a godsend, especially for tired mums like me! They make a boring but quick salad or an instant stir-fry. Just throw in some protein and a happy toddler meal is ready in no time! I also don't have to risk any tantrums from my little one by dragging my feet preparing dinner.

I agree! Batch cooking is a great way to save time during the busy workweek. It's also helpful to cook an extra portion or two of protein, which can be used for quick salads or stir-fries the next day.
You're right! Preparing extras like marinated chicken fillets, cooked shrimp, or even roast beef makes throwing together a meal on the spot easier. It adds some variety too, especially if you use different seasonings and marinades!

The convenience of having precooked protein on hand makes meal preparation faster and easier! It's also a helpful trick to ensure variety in meals, especially when you're trying to add more vegetables and avoid repetitive dishes.

I usually go for simple grilled chicken or fish, which I prepare with different flavors or spices, so they taste different each time. What other ingredients do you like to prep ahead of time?

True that! It pays to be efficient! Also, those prepackaged chopped up veggies are handy - saves so much time and they're versatile too. Good call.

Yes, (oops, I mean definitely), batch cooking is a great way to save time! It's also helpful to prepare and portion out snacks in recyclable containers so they're readily available when you're hungry or when the kids are craving for something to munch on.
That's true; portioning snacks is a smart way to prevent mindless overeating too!

Yes, (oops, I mean definitely), batch cooking is a great way to save time! It's also helpful to prepare and portion out snacks in recyclable containers so they're readily available when you're hungry or when the kids are craving for something to munch on.
That's right. Having ready portions of snacks is a great strategy to prevent unnecessary snacking on junk food, especially for kids. It's an easy way to keep them full and satisfied between meals too.

I like to portion out some berries and fruits in small containers as a quick, healthy snack option for my little ones. They're a hit even with the pickiest of eaters!

That's a smart way to ensure everyone doesn't end up grabbing unhealthy snacks when hunger strikes. Preparation and portioning snacks in advance goes a long way! It's a great habit to fulfill those in-between meal cravings and avoid junky food.

That's true! Preparing snacks in advance ensures that healthier options are readily available rather than reaching for the nearest unhealthy, processed food. It makes a huge difference when you're hungry and saves you from unnecessary junk food cravings.

That's a great idea to prevent food wastage too! I find defrosting and repacking frozen meals into portion sizes easy as well, then you just have to pick a meal and heat it up.
You're spot on about the defrosting and repacking. It's a simple yet effective way of ensuring that food waste is kept to a minimum, and saves a lot of time and effort too!

It's nice to have some variety too - so I usually prepare different meals and store them in small portions. That way, if we don't finish one meal, it's easy to switch it up the next day.

That's a great idea to prevent food wastage too! I find defrosting and repacking frozen meals into portion sizes easy as well, then you just have to pick a meal and heat it up.
You're spot on about the ease of preparing meals ahead of time and portioning them out! It sure saves the hassle of cooking every day. Plus, it gives you the freedom to choose a variety of different meals without any additional preparation work. It's also entertaining to rotate frozen stocks and experiment with different meal options!

You're right; it's quite therapeutic doing meal prep like that when you have some time on your hands and also a great way to make sure there's some variety in our repetitive daily menu. It adds value to the whole cooking experience, doesn't it? Do you have any specific recipes or go-to dishes that you prepare in advance? I'm always keen on discovering new ideas for my meal prep repertoire!

That's a great idea! Batch cooking is an excellent way to save time during the week. It's also useful to have some quick, go-to recipes for simple meals to make on busy days.
it's easier said than done though! You've gotta have some good, quick recipes up your sleeve and also remember to keep the ingredients stocked up. But it makes a huge difference when you're tired and the kids are hungry - just to have a plan B!

That's a great idea! Batch cooking is an excellent way to save time during the week. It's also useful to have some quick, go-to recipes for simple meals to make on busy days.
Yes, it certainly makes life easier, especially when you have hungry kids to feed! Quick, one-pan meals like omelets or pasta dishes are a godsend on such days.

Yes, having those quick and easy recipes is a real lifesaver! Those 15-minute meals are handy when you're short on time but need to whip up something delicious.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu