• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy

That's a great way to make sure you're not cooking every single meal from scratch, which can be exhausting, especially for busy moms! I'll add that using disposable cookware for some meals helps too; less cleanup is always welcomed :)
It really does make a difference when you're tired and just want to kick back but still enjoy a home-cooked meal. Oh yes, foil containers are lifesavers; sometimes I don't even have to wash the utensils because they can be disposed of! It's only for selected dishes though, wouldn't want to waste good food by putting it in disposal containers when moving around is inconvenient haha.

That's a great way to make sure you're not cooking every single meal from scratch, which can be exhausting, especially for busy moms! I'll add that using disposable cookware for some meals helps too; less cleanup is always welcomed :)
Some days we just want the convenience of enjoying a homecooked meal without the hassle of washing stacks of cookware!Disposable cookware sure does help with that.

disposal cutlery saves lots of cleaning time! I typically go for freezer-friendly meals like stews, soups, and dishes with loads of veggies that can be cooked in large batches - think beef stew, minestrone soup, and chicken pot pie. These are yummy as leftovers too, unlike pasta or fried rice which can get mushy. If you're a lazy cook, I suggest batch cooking lean proteins like grilled chicken breasts or hard-boiled eggs, which keep well and can be easily added to meals. Also, freezing portions of raw chopped veggies, like broccoli or cauliflower, is a time saver - just dump them into soups or stir fries!

That's a creative way to make mealtimes exciting and less tedious! I like how it makes cooking feel more intentional too, almost like a little project with a different focus each day.
It definitely spice things up! There's the added bonus of not falling into the take-out trap when you're already tired from work.

That's a creative way to make mealtimes exciting and less tedious! I like how it makes cooking feel more intentional too, almost like a little project with a different focus each day.
Having a specific focus or theme for the meal certainly helps, especially when you're cooking for fussy eaters! It can be quite challenging to keep coming up with new ideas for interesting meals that everyone in the family will enjoy.

having a focused approach for each meal preparation session helps to streamline the process, especially with a set goal and ingredients at hand. It also keeps things interesting and creative in the kitchen!

For busy parents, it's also useful to have a handful of go-to, quick, simple meals that are healthy and well-received by the family. These could be dishes that can be whipped up in a flash with minimal prep time and effort, such as five-minute noodle soups or stir-fries.

What other interesting strategies do you guys have up your sleeves to make life easier?

Meal planning can definitely feel like a project, especially with the focus and effort put into making the meals interesting and varied. It's a great way to keep mealtimes exciting and also ensure a good balance of nutrients.

Using disposables definitely reduces the cleaning time and can be a fun way to involve the kids in meal prep, especially with simple tasks that don't require hot stoves or sharp knives. Teaching them to measure ingredients and mix them in disposable containers can provide entertainment for the little ones while keeping the cooking process engaging and less monotonous.

That's an interesting idea to have themed nights! It certainly makes dinner time more fun and enjoyable for the family. Finger Food Friday sounds exciting, and the possibilities are limitless. Do you have any specific finger foods that your family enjoys?
My daughter's personal favorites include mini chicken steaks and fruit kebabs, which are handy and mess-free! We also do DIY rice cups with different toppings - they're a big hit in our household and easy to customize for each family member.

That's an interesting idea to have themed nights! It certainly makes dinner time more fun and enjoyable for the family. Finger Food Friday sounds exciting, and the possibilities are limitless. Do you have any specific finger foods that your family enjoys?
Themed night dinners sound like a fun way to keep things interesting! We like to do Mexican nights with mini tacos or nachos. My son loves assembling his own 'meal' and it's nice to see him excited about dinner. There's also plenty of mess-free finger food options too, which are usually winners when cooking for kids.

My little one really looks forward to her Fishy Fingers night - basically battered fish fillets with some healthy dips like hummus or tzatziki, and fresh vegetables on the side for variety. We also do fun themes like Pizza Nights where everyone gets to customize their own mini-pizzas. It's a great way to engage the whole family in preparing meals and makes cleaning up afterwards a lot more manageable too!

My son loves miniature versions of adult food. So mini burgers, mini pizzas, chicken nuggets, and cocktail sausages are a hit with him, and they're pretty straightforward to prepare. I also let him help me with the toppings on Fridays - he gets to pick the fillings and sauces for his mini wraps or tacos. Something about the interaction and customisation keeps him engaged and keen to try new foods.

Some other ideas that we do occasionally include DIY dinner nights where each person prepares their plate with various ingredients laid out, or a build-your-own-sandwich kind of meal. It's a nice break from traditional meals, and it's fun for the whole family!

My daughter and I really enjoy homemade chicken nuggets and mini sandwiches, the cold cuts kind, which we sometimes make with leftover roast meats. We also like our fruit and veg raw with dips - hummus, tzatziki, or even peanut butter! Coring and slicing a variety of fruits and veggies is a fun activity for us together in the kitchen on Friday nights. It's an added bonus that they're healthy too.

My son loves mini hamburger bites - they're a big hit in our household! I prep the patties in advance and freeze them, fry them up on Fridays, and serve them with little sesame dinner rolls. They're a nice change from the usual chicken nuggets or fries. I also sometimes make little fruit and veggie packs - those portable carrots and celery sticks with dips like hummus or tzatziki are always fun to eat!

I agree. Plus, you get variety in your diet too - no monotony of eating the same dish everyday!
The themed dinners definitely add a nice twist to the week's meals. It can get quite redundant and tiresome cooking and eating the same ol' thing daily. This way, there's always something new and delicious to look forward to on the table!

That's an interesting idea to have theme nights! It makes meal planning easier and adds some excitement to the routine. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! Yes, themed nightst definitely spice up the usual dining routine, especially for families with young children. It brings a bit of fun and something different each day.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu