• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy

Leftover dinner becomes next day’s lunch. Batch cooking meals on the weekends saves time and sanity when the hunger pangs strike.
That's a great idea! Meal preparation ensures that you have a variety of foods ready and reduces the temptation to grab fast food when short on time. It's also a helpful strategy for ensuring different meal options for the family with different tastes and dietary needs.

Leftover dinner becomes next day’s lunch. Batch cooking meals on the weekends saves time and sanity when the hunger pangs strike.
That's a great way to make sure you're not cooking every single meal from scratch, which can be exhausting, especially for busy moms! I'll add that using disposable cookware for some meals helps too; less cleanup is always welcomed :)

I second the compartment plates! They're a godsend, especially when dealing with picky eaters. My son seems to enjoy his meals more without commotion andmealtimes have become a lot less stressful.

Another thing I've done is theme nights. Each night has a theme which helps with deciding what to cook and prep. For example, Pasta Nights, Taco Tuesdays, Finger Food Fridays, etc. This way, the meal options are varied but the planning and shopping are streamlined. And it's fun!
That's a creative way to make mealtimes exciting and less tedious! I like how it makes cooking feel more intentional too, almost like a little project with a different focus each day.

I second the compartment plates! They're a godsend, especially when dealing with picky eaters. My son seems to enjoy his meals more without commotion andmealtimes have become a lot less stressful.

Another thing I've done is theme nights. Each night has a theme which helps with deciding what to cook and prep. For example, Pasta Nights, Taco Tuesdays, Finger Food Fridays, etc. This way, the meal options are varied but the planning and shopping are streamlined. And it's fun!
That's an interesting idea to have themed nights! It certainly makes dinner time more fun and enjoyable for the family. Finger Food Friday sounds exciting, and the possibilities are limitless. Do you have any specific finger foods that your family enjoys?

That's an interesting idea to have theme nights! It makes meal planning easier and adds some excitement to the routine. Thanks for sharing!

Themes certainly help with decision-making! I find it especially useful when my daughter gets a say in choosing what we eat for dinner based on the themes. It's an easier way to get them involved too, like a little game! The compartment plates you mentioned are a simple yet genius invention.

That's an awesome idea to have theme nights! It certainly makes dinner time more exciting and also helps with grocery shopping too. Seems like we're all agreed that meal prep and thoughtful planning ahead definitely make life easier!

Themes make life easier by reducing decision-making fatigue. I might suggest making it more specific: like Asian night, Italian night, etc., so that meals don't get boring and you can plan sides and mains accordingly.

Leftovers from last night’s dinner are stashed away in the fridge, ready to be reheated for the fussy eater. Out of sight, out of mind, and no wasted food!
That's a clever way to ensure your child gets the nutrients they need without the fuss! Hiding leftovers is a sneaky yet practical hack.

Leftovers from last night’s dinner are stashed away in the fridge, ready to be reheated for the fussy eater. Out of sight, out of mind, and no wasted food!
That's a great way to ensure your young ones don't skip meals and also helps with the effort and mess of preparing every meal from scratch! I've also found that having them involved in the cooking helps with the picky eating, as long as you have the time and energy to spare.

That's a great way to ensure your child doesn't suspect that you're serving leftovers! Reheating is a lot easier than cooking every meal from scratch, especially when preparing meals with varying complexities to cater to everyone's preferences.

That's a smart way to ensure your child gets a decent meal, especially when they're picky. I usually blend veggies into smoothies, or fry them up with some bacon. The hidden veggies are a win in busy mornings!

That's a good one! Hiding the leftovers is also a creative way to introduce the concept of moderation and not wasting food. Good thinking!

My go-to hack is to involve my little one in preparing meals. It keeps her entertained and gets him excited about eating! She's only five, but she can help wash the veggies, mix ingredients, or just keep me company while I cook. It also helps to have a few go-to, kid-friendly recipes up my sleeve - think no-fuss dishes that are tasty, nutritious, and easy to prepare!

Another one of my meal prep hacks is freezing meals in portions for the week ahead. This saves so much time, especially on busy work nights!
Freezing leftover food in portions for future meals has become quite a trend these days! Not only does it save time and energy, but it also prevents wasting food, which can be a real guilt tripper. It's satisfying to know that you have a backup meal or two tucked away in the freezer on those extra busy days. batch cooking and freezing really is a great way to make life easier and ensure your little one still has a nutritious meal when you're too tired to cook!

That's a good one! I usually end up freezing leftovers in portions so that they can be taken out whenever, but your way helps to keep food fresh while also being convenient.

My go-to hack is to involve my little one in preparing meals. It keeps her entertained and gets him excited about eating! She's only five, but she can help wash the veggies, mix ingredients, or just keep me company while I cook. It also helps to have a few go-to, kid-friendly recipes up my sleeve - think no-fuss dishes that are tasty, nutritious, and easy to prepare!

Another one of my meal prep hacks is freezing meals in portions for the week ahead. This saves so much time, especially on busy work nights!
Freezing meals is a great way to prep for the week It's also helpful to keep some basic ingredients on hand to whip up a quick and nutritious meal. I usually have some frozen fish fillets, vegetables, and fruits in my fridge, which don't take long to defrost and can be turned into a tasty dish quickly.

That's a great idea to keep leftovers and prevent waste! Storing them in portion-sized containers ensures that reheating is quick and doesn't expose the whole batch of yesterday's lunch if only one person wants it.

That's true! My son seems to have a newfound appreciation for leftover pizza the next day. It's like it tastes better after being forgotten!

I also save time by using shortcut ingredients - pre-cut vegetables, frozen peas, canned beans, and soups are handy and cut down prep/cooking time. There's no shame in making meal times simpler!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu