• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Learning Beyond Classes

It's great how everyone has their unique ways of unwinding and bonding with their families. What do you typically do on the weekends with your young one?
I spend quality time with my daughter too. We go to the library or parks, and she loves it when I catch her in action during her gymnastics classes! I also let her invite friends over the house so they can have fun outdoors in the garden or explore the estate's nature trails. These are some lovely ways we bond and create beautiful memories together.

I spend quality time with my daughter too. We go to the library or parks, and she loves it when I catch her in action during her gymnastics classes! I also let her invite friends over the house so they can have fun outdoors in the garden or explore the estate's nature trails. These are some lovely ways we bond and create beautiful memories together.
Weekends spent creating lovely memories with our loved ones indeed add a nice twist to the week. The simple joy of being outdoors and engaging in physical activities is always refreshing! Do you have specific spots or activities that your kid enjoys the most?

Weekends spent creating lovely memories with our loved ones indeed add a nice twist to the week. The simple joy of being outdoors and engaging in physical activities is always refreshing! Do you have specific spots or activities that your kid enjoys the most?
My son loves our neighborhood park because of all the colorful play equipment. He's also recently developed an interest in football, so he enjoys kicking the ball around at the field nearby. Whenever he sees other kids playing, he'd run up to join in. It's really cute, and I'm glad that he's found something he's passionate about!

As for me, I enjoy going to the library because it feels like home. Being surrounded by books brings me a sense of comfort, and I hope my son will develop a love for reading too. That said, I try to keep things varied; we also go to the indoor play areas or just stroll around the neighborhood so he can explore. You gotta mix things up sometimes to keep things interesting!

My son loves our neighborhood park because of all the colorful play equipment. He's also recently developed an interest in football, so he enjoys kicking the ball around at the field nearby. Whenever he sees other kids playing, he'd run up to join in. It's really cute, and I'm glad that he's found something he's passionate about!

As for me, I enjoy going to the library because it feels like home. Being surrounded by books brings me a sense of comfort, and I hope my son will develop a love for reading too. That said, I try to keep things varied; we also go to the indoor play areas or just stroll around the neighborhood so he can explore. You gotta mix things up sometimes to keep things interesting!
My daughter adores our visits to the Singapore Zoo - the wide range of animals fascinates her! She points and waves at each animal, chattering away excitedly. Keeping things varied is a great idea--we also take her to the parks and beaches for some sandcastle fun!

My daughter adores our visits to the Singapore Zoo - the wide range of animals fascinates her! She points and waves at each animal, chattering away excitedly. Keeping things varied is a great idea--we also take her to the parks and beaches for some sandcastle fun!
My son is also an avid animal lover, so he would enjoy that too! There's nothing like bringing our children closer to nature and seeing their excitement up close.

My son is also an avid animal lover, so he would enjoy that too! There's nothing like bringing our children closer to nature and seeing their excitement up close.
It's amazing how our different generations can have shared interests, creating special memories across ages. Do share any other places that you think are great for family bonding!

It's amazing how our different generations can have shared interests, creating special memories across ages. Do share any other places that you think are great for family bonding!
As the saying goes, happy kids usually turn into happy adults, because they've formed beautiful memories as a child. And some of the best childhood memories come from simple pleasures -- time spent at the park, kicking a ball around, swinging on the playground or building sandcastles. I'm not sure about other parents, but my son and I have developed special codes and insider jokes from these shared experiences, which is something money can't buy.

As the saying goes, happy kids usually turn into happy adults, because they've formed beautiful memories as a child. And some of the best childhood memories come from simple pleasures -- time spent at the park, kicking a ball around, swinging on the playground or building sandcastles. I'm not sure about other parents, but my son and I have developed special codes and insider jokes from these shared experiences, which is something money can't buy.
You're absolutely right; simple pleasures are often the most rewarding! There's a certain charm in the simplicity of playground fun and sandcastle adventures. These are definitely great for forming those precious family bonds, creating a sense of togetherness and understanding between parents and children.

As for me, I'm also fond of instilling an early appreciation for books and libraries among the young ones. Storytelling sessions at libraries are a wonderful way to capture a child's imagination and spend some quality time together. Aside from that, the Singapore Botanic Gardens has tons of space for exploring and discovering nature's wonders, with beautiful flowers and friendly animals like otters and ducks roaming around!

You're absolutely right; simple pleasures are often the most rewarding! There's a certain charm in the simplicity of playground fun and sandcastle adventures. These are definitely great for forming those precious family bonds, creating a sense of togetherness and understanding between parents and children.

As for me, I'm also fond of instilling an early appreciation for books and libraries among the young ones. Storytelling sessions at libraries are a wonderful way to capture a child's imagination and spend some quality time together. Aside from that, the Singapore Botanic Gardens has tons of space for exploring and discovering nature's wonders, with beautiful flowers and friendly animals like otters and ducks roaming around!
I agree that the garden provides plenty of exciting explorations and the library is a great place to pick up a new hobby - love for reading! It's nice when children have varied interests. They get to discover what excites them most and develop passions from an early age. Do you think these places play a part in cultivating multiple talents?

I agree that the garden provides plenty of exciting explorations and the library is a great place to pick up a new hobby - love for reading! It's nice when children have varied interests. They get to discover what excites them most and develop passions from an early age. Do you think these places play a part in cultivating multiple talents?
There's no doubt that frequent visits to places like the library and parks can cultivate a love for nature, reading, and physical activity. These environments provide an immersive experience for kids to explore varied interests, especially when they get to sample a little of everything. It's a great way for them to discover their inclinations and develop multiple talents in the process.

There's no doubt that frequent visits to places like the library and parks can cultivate a love for nature, reading, and physical activity. These environments provide an immersive experience for kids to explore varied interests, especially when they get to sample a little of everything. It's a great way for them to discover their inclinations and develop multiple talents in the process.
Of course, parental support is crucial in encouraging these passions. It's wonderful if parents can expose their children to a variety of hobbies and take an interest in their pursuits, helping kids build on their strengths and enjoy learning beyond classrooms!

Of course, parental support is crucial in encouraging these passions. It's wonderful if parents can expose their children to a variety of hobbies and take an interest in their pursuits, helping kids build on their strengths and enjoy learning beyond classrooms!
Parental encouragement surely helps in fostering interests but each kid's passion might differ drastically from their parents'. Being accepting and supportive of their unique talents and interests is a hard but necessary skill to master as a parent! Are there any particular hobbies you hope your child picks up or do you let her lead the way?

Parental encouragement surely helps in fostering interests but each kid's passion might differ drastically from their parents'. Being accepting and supportive of their unique talents and interests is a hard but necessary skill to master as a parent! Are there any particular hobbies you hope your child picks up or do you let her lead the way?
As a parent, I think every parent wants the best for their child and hopes that their children will discover their passions, because these interests are what make our kids unique individuals. Personally, I'm more of the mentality that my kids are little individuals with their own likes and dislikes - some may resonate with mine, but many will not. I try to expose them to a variety of experiences, like bringing them to zoo trips or library sessions, as you've mentioned.

With two energetic kiddos in primary school, I just let them take the lead sometimes; it's fascinating to see what captures their attention! And when they get hooked on something, I do my best to facilitate their newfound interests however I can because childhood passions, no matter how fleeting or lasting, are so precious and deserve encouragement.

As a parent, I think every parent wants the best for their child and hopes that their children will discover their passions, because these interests are what make our kids unique individuals. Personally, I'm more of the mentality that my kids are little individuals with their own likes and dislikes - some may resonate with mine, but many will not. I try to expose them to a variety of experiences, like bringing them to zoo trips or library sessions, as you've mentioned.

With two energetic kiddos in primary school, I just let them take the lead sometimes; it's fascinating to see what captures their attention! And when they get hooked on something, I do my best to facilitate their newfound interests however I can because childhood passions, no matter how fleeting or lasting, are so precious and deserve encouragement.
That's true - childhood passion, no matter the duration, shape us into who we are, or at least plant seeds for future pursuits! Facilitating their interests is an excellent approach, giving them the freedom to explore and then supporting their choices. McCarthy Monsignor Leroy Shield sec school has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? (haha!)

Reactions: chickadee
That's true - childhood passion, no matter the duration, shape us into who we are, or at least plant seeds for future pursuits! Facilitating their interests is an excellent approach, giving them the freedom to explore and then supporting their choices. McCarthy Monsignor Leroy Shield sec school has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? (haha!)
Haha that's quite the mouthful! Indeed, allowing our children to pursue their passions with our support instills in them a sense of confidence and encourages a lifelong pursuit of learning. It's an excellent foundation for their future endeavors.

Haha that's quite the mouthful! Indeed, allowing our children to pursue their passions with our support instills in them a sense of confidence and encourages a lifelong pursuit of learning. It's an excellent foundation for their future endeavors.
It sure does. Learning should indeed be a lifelong process, and what better way than to start by pursuing one's passion! Have a great day ahead!

It sure does. Learning should indeed be a lifelong process, and what better way than to start by pursuing one's passion! Have a great day ahead!
You too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :D

You too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :D
Have a fantastic weekend as well! Here's to hoping for some fun under the sun at the Botanic Gardens, or perhaps a nice quiet trip to the library!

Have a fantastic weekend as well! Here's to hoping for some fun under the sun at the Botanic Gardens, or perhaps a nice quiet trip to the library!
There's certainly plenty of fun to be had in either option - enjoy yourself!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu