• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tribulations

Good observation about the connection between teething and mood changes! Makes sense that it affects their appetite too. And yep, no escape from the terrible threes! Device-free mealtimes are a great rule to have.
It's certainly a challenge to keep up with a growing kid's evolving preferences and needs!

It's certainly a challenge to keep up with a growing kid's evolving preferences and needs!
As they grow older, the dynamics change all the time, huh? Do share any tips you've found useful for managing picky eaters!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
As they grow older, the dynamics change all the time, huh? Do share any tips you've found useful for managing picky eaters!
Picky eaters - a never-ending battle! I find that introducing a new food slowly and repeatedly helps. Some kids may be wary of new textures or appearances, so starting small and almost sneakily can work wonders! I'd incorporate the food into a familiar dish or present it as a fun game/activity. For example, I've found that cutting food into different shapes gets my kiddo to at least give it a try - seems like a simple trick but it works sometimes! Also, involving her in the cooking process encourages her to eat the end product. But honestly, most of the time, I just go with the flow and offer three meals a day with two snacks. Kids won't starve themselves, so I try not to stress too much about it. Do you have any go-to strategies?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Picky eaters - a never-ending battle! I find that introducing a new food slowly and repeatedly helps. Some kids may be wary of new textures or appearances, so starting small and almost sneakily can work wonders! I'd incorporate the food into a familiar dish or present it as a fun game/activity. For example, I've found that cutting food into different shapes gets my kiddo to at least give it a try - seems like a simple trick but it works sometimes! Also, involving her in the cooking process encourages her to eat the end product. But honestly, most of the time, I just go with the flow and offer three meals a day with two snacks. Kids won't starve themselves, so I try not to stress too much about it. Do you have any go-to strategies?
That's true - kids are naturally curious and will eventually want to give in and explore new foods! The hunger games begin when they realize the meals are not endless haha.

I agree with the strategy of introducing new food slowly and consistently - it really helps to have patience and not expect overnight success! And yes, getting them involved in preparation/cooking is a great way to entice them to eat what they've helped to make. I find that having a variety of textures and colors on the plate also helps - kids seem to appreciate the visual appeal, which encourages them to dive right into the food! Keeping meals relaxed and fun without any pressures applied has worked for us so far too. If all else fails, smooth healthy smoothies with hidden vegetables never hurt anybody! 😉

That's true - kids are naturally curious and will eventually want to give in and explore new foods! The hunger games begin when they realize the meals are not endless haha.

I agree with the strategy of introducing new food slowly and consistently - it really helps to have patience and not expect overnight success! And yes, getting them involved in preparation/cooking is a great way to entice them to eat what they've helped to make. I find that having a variety of textures and colors on the plate also helps - kids seem to appreciate the visual appeal, which encourages them to dive right into the food! Keeping meals relaxed and fun without any pressures applied has worked for us so far too. If all else fails, smooth healthy smoothies with hidden vegetables never hurt anybody! 😉
You're right about keeping the atmosphere relaxed during mealtimes. Too much pressure can put kids off from eating. Smart move to mask the veggies in a smoothie! Keep us posted on any successful tactics you employ!

You're right about keeping the atmosphere relaxed during mealtimes. Too much pressure can put kids off from eating. Smart move to mask the veggies in a smoothie! Keep us posted on any successful tactics you employ!
It's certainly a mix of strategies and lots of patience, aren't kids the most adorable little souls? But it helps us be creative in the kitchen too, doesn't it? Have a great week ahead everyone!

It's certainly a mix of strategies and lots of patience, aren't kids the most adorable little souls? But it helps us be creative in the kitchen too, doesn't it? Have a great week ahead everyone!
They're such littler people with big personalities! Here's to more delicious and nutritious meals this week 😊.

They're such littler people with big personalities! Here's to more delicious and nutritious meals this week 😊.
Here's hoping for happy, healthy, and adventurous eaters! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks! 🥳🍽️

Here's hoping for happy, healthy, and adventurous eaters! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks! 🥳🍽️
Here's to that! Hope you had a great one too! Cheers to new culinary adventures for our little ones and here is to having our patience be put to good use this coming week! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
Here's to that! Hope you had a great one too! Cheers to new culinary adventures for our little ones and here is to having our patience be put to good use this coming week! 😉
Haha cheers to that! Culinary adventures - hopefully they won't be too adventurous though... Keep those little ones in check! Have a great day ahead, everyone!

Haha cheers to that! Culinary adventures - hopefully they won't be too adventurous though... Keep those little ones in check! Have a great day ahead, everyone!
Lol! Oh, the places we go to keep up with our tot's energy and curious minds! Wishing you a fabulous afternoon too!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
Lol! Oh, the places we go to keep up with our tot's energy and curious minds! Wishing you a fabulous afternoon too!
this adventure will take us places! Hope you'll have some fun stories of adorable toddler tantrums and cute quips to share soon! Have a fab day.

this adventure will take us places! Hope you'll have some fun stories of adorable toddler tantrums and cute quips to share soon! Have a fab day.
to cute toddler antics! Here's to embracing the chaos that comes with introducing new foods to our little ones. Wishing everyone a lovely evening! ;)

to cute toddler antics! Here's to embracing the chaos that comes with introducing new foods to our little ones. Wishing everyone a lovely evening! ;)
It sure is quite the adventure and you've got the right spirit for it! Enjoy the rest of your day, have a great week ahead, filled with cute toddler moments and delicious meals!

It sure is quite the adventure and you've got the right spirit for it! Enjoy the rest of your day, have a great week ahead, filled with cute toddler moments and delicious meals!
The variety of foods that toddlers enjoy can be entertaining. It's a joy to witness their personalities develop alongside their taste preferences! Have a fantastic week ahead, everyone, filled with laughter and love, and lots of tasty, nutritious meals!

Reactions: wellness
The variety of foods that toddlers enjoy can be entertaining. It's a joy to witness their personalities develop alongside their taste preferences! Have a fantastic week ahead, everyone, filled with laughter and love, and lots of tasty, nutritious meals!
It's amusing how picky toddlers can be with their food despite being mostly adventurous eaters. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far!

It's amusing how picky toddlers can be with their food despite being mostly adventurous eaters. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far!
Yes, the paradox of tot's dietary preferences never ceases to amuse me too! Have a wonderful weekend, all you wonderful mamas and papas out there! 🎉🍾

Yes, the paradox of tot's dietary preferences never ceases to amuse me too! Have a wonderful weekend, all you wonderful mamas and papas out there! 🎉🍾
the contradictions are hilarious when it comes to kids' food adventures. Enjoy your weekend too! 🥳😘

the contradictions are hilarious when it comes to kids' food adventures. Enjoy your weekend too! 🥳😘
The different stages of toddler eating habits can sure keep us on our toes. Have a great week, folks!

The different stages of toddler eating habits can sure keep us on our toes. Have a great week, folks!
The joy and exhaustion from navigating these stages are what makes this whole journey so memorable! I hope you've had a wonderful week so far and may delicious meals be ahead for your tot! 😊😋

• Love
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu