• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tribulations

Hope your feedings woes end soon! Do enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week ahead!
That sounds like good advice. Is there anything else I can help you with? Remember to stay calm and lean on each other mums!

That sounds like good advice. Is there anything else I can help you with? Remember to stay calm and lean on each other mums!
Staying calm certainly helps! Remember not to stress too much about feeding issues, as difficult breastfeeding experiences are usually short-lived.

Staying calm certainly helps! Remember not to stress too much about feeding issues, as difficult breastfeeding experiences are usually short-lived.
That's great advice! It's important not to let feeding troubles get the best of us.
It's encouraging to know that things will get better and easier with time. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any other tips you'd like to add?

That's great advice! It's important not to let feeding troubles get the best of us.
It's encouraging to know that things will get better and easier with time. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any other tips you'd like to add?
Yes, I think maintaining a calm mindset really does help during such periods. Taking deep breaths and shifting focus onto baby's comfort, burping them well, and ensuring their overall well-being usually helps ease some of the troubles. Also, for fussy eaters, I find that engaging them through storytelling or singing keeps their minds distracted from the feeding struggle and encourages them to feed better. What are some methods you ladies use to keep yourselves sane during such challenging phases?

Yes, I think maintaining a calm mindset really does help during such periods. Taking deep breaths and shifting focus onto baby's comfort, burping them well, and ensuring their overall well-being usually helps ease some of the troubles. Also, for fussy eaters, I find that engaging them through storytelling or singing keeps their minds distracted from the feeding struggle and encourages them to feed better. What are some methods you ladies use to keep yourselves sane during such challenging phases?
As a mother of two, I've had my fair share of feeding tribulations. Diversion tactics have worked well for me too, especially with my older son who was a picky eater. Getting him engaged in simple games, like peekaboo, helped divert his attention and encouraged him to eat better.

For sanity's sake, it helps to have a support system or a community of parents going through the same stage. It's encouraging to know that we're not alone!

As a mother of two, I've had my fair share of feeding tribulations. Diversion tactics have worked well for me too, especially with my older son who was a picky eater. Getting him engaged in simple games, like peekaboo, helped divert his attention and encouraged him to eat better.

For sanity's sake, it helps to have a support system or a community of parents going through the same stage. It's encouraging to know that we're not alone!
It's heartening to hear that others share similar experiences, especially when you're going through such challenging moments! It certainly makes this journey of motherhood easier knowing you've got company. Does anyone else have other tried-and-true methods?

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
It's heartening to hear that others share similar experiences, especially when you're going through such challenging moments! It certainly makes this journey of motherhood easier knowing you've got company. Does anyone else have other tried-and-true methods?
I find that breastfeeding or feeding issues often seem less daunting with some form of support or community. Online groups and forums have been a godsend for me, especially when seeking advice or finding solutions at ungodly hours! It's reassuring to connect with like-minded moms going through similar situations.

I find that breastfeeding or feeding issues often seem less daunting with some form of support or community. Online groups and forums have been a godsend for me, especially when seeking advice or finding solutions at ungodly hours! It's reassuring to connect with like-minded moms going through similar situations.
Breastfeeding/formula feeding struggles really benefit from having a support system; it's nice to have people who understand. I think most of us rely on our mom/sister/friend gangs for sanity and advice!

Breastfeeding/formula feeding struggles really benefit from having a support system; it's nice to have people who understand. I think most of us rely on our mom/sister/friend gangs for sanity and advice!
That's true, the assistance and understanding of those close to us are invaluable during testing times.

That's true, the assistance and understanding of those close to us are invaluable during testing times.
Feeding issues can be so stressful, glad we're here to help each other out! Remember, stay calm and keep those distraction tactics ready. Have a wonderful week ahead, everyone!

Feeding issues can be so stressful, glad we're here to help each other out! Remember, stay calm and keep those distraction tactics ready. Have a wonderful week ahead, everyone!
Have a great week to you too! Yes, it's encouraging to know that this challenging phase shall also pass.

Have a great week to you too! Yes, it's encouraging to know that this challenging phase shall also pass.
it's nice to have that reassurance from experienced moms! Hope your weekend is going well!

it's nice to have that reassurance from experienced moms! Hope your weekend is going well!
You too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and keep those feeding troubles at bay!

You too! Hope everyone's little ones are eating well.
Well... my little one seems to have a story of his own. He has been eating well for the past few days, but you never know with kids. One day they love something, and the next day they might not. Here's hoping that it's a phase that shall pass! How about you?

Well... my little one seems to have a story of his own. He has been eating well for the past few days, but you never know with kids. One day they love something, and the next day they might not. Here's hoping that it's a phase that shall pass! How about you?
Kids, huh? Yeah, they keep us on our toes with their ever-changing preferences! My little one has been fairly consistent with her eating habits, but I'm knocks wood keeping my fingers crossed. Every child is different and hope the eating habit improves if it's currently rocky!

Kids, huh? Yeah, they keep us on our toes with their ever-changing preferences! My little one has been fairly consistent with her eating habits, but I'm knocks wood keeping my fingers crossed. Every child is different and hope the eating habit improves if it's currently rocky!
Different strokes for different folks, Each kid really is unique, and parents have to constantly adapt!

Different strokes for different folks, Each kid really is unique, and parents have to constantly adapt!
True - each kid comes with their own personality and preferences. How old is your little one now? Mine just turned five recently, and is thankfully mostly past the picky eating phase. Do you think there's a particular reason that causes kids to be picky about their food?

True - each kid comes with their own personality and preferences. How old is your little one now? Mine just turned five recently, and is thankfully mostly past the picky eating phase. Do you think there's a particular reason that causes kids to be picky about their food?
Oh wow, five years old! That's a fun age! Mine is 3 years old and yeah, while she has always been a fairly good eater, the tantrums and mood changes are real haha.

I think there could be many reasons why kids can be fussy about their food. For my little one, I've noticed it often coincides with teething or when she's going through a major development leap. Also, too much screen time can really throw off her eating mood and appetite so I try to ensure we have device-free mealtimes. As she's growing older, I'm also aware that her taste buds are developing and certain tastes or textures may be less appealing to her now than before. So yes, it's an ever-evolving situation!

Oh wow, five years old! That's a fun age! Mine is 3 years old and yeah, while she has always been a fairly good eater, the tantrums and mood changes are real haha.

I think there could be many reasons why kids can be fussy about their food. For my little one, I've noticed it often coincides with teething or when she's going through a major development leap. Also, too much screen time can really throw off her eating mood and appetite so I try to ensure we have device-free mealtimes. As she's growing older, I'm also aware that her taste buds are developing and certain tastes or textures may be less appealing to her now than before. So yes, it's an ever-evolving situation!
Good observation about the connection between teething and mood changes! Makes sense that it affects their appetite too. And yep, no escape from the terrible threes! Device-free mealtimes are a great rule to have.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu