• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

Yes Introducing new foods is easier when they're involved in the preparation.
getting our little ones involved in the kitchen can help them become more open to new tastes and textures--and it's a good way to bond with them! Having helped prepare the meal, they might even develop a sense of pride and be more willing to give the healthy treats a try.

getting our little ones involved in the kitchen can help them become more open to new tastes and textures--and it's a good way to bond with them! Having helped prepare the meal, they might even develop a sense of pride and be more willing to give the healthy treats a try.
That's true! It's amazing how children are more likely to eat foods they've prepared themselves. A great trick to introduce nutritious foods!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That's true! It's amazing how children are more likely to eat foods they've prepared themselves. A great trick to introduce nutritious foods!
It's fascinating how kids tend to explore and embrace new foods when the familiarity kicks in.

It's fascinating how kids tend to explore and embrace new foods when the familiarity kicks in.
Familiarity certainly helps, especially when they're surrounded by the wonderful aroma filling the kitchen during cooking!

Familiarity certainly helps, especially when they're surrounded by the wonderful aroma filling the kitchen during cooking!
That's true! The senses of smell and taste are strongly linked; our memory and appreciation for food can be heavily influenced by aromas. This makes me think of slow-cooking stews and soups on rainy days - the smells wafting through the house are so enticing!

That's true! The senses of smell and taste are strongly linked; our memory and appreciation for food can be heavily influenced by aromas. This makes me think of slow-cooking stews and soups on rainy days - the smells wafting through the house are so enticing!
You're right about how the sense of smell and taste are connected and influence our memories and experience of eating. The aromatic flavors of a hearty soup or stew lingering in the house on a rainy day is such a comforting and inviting smell. It's like a warm embrace, making us anticipate the meal ahead.

You're right about how the sense of smell and taste are connected and influence our memories and experience of eating. The aromatic flavors of a hearty soup or stew lingering in the house on a rainy day is such a comforting and inviting smell. It's like a warm embrace, making us anticipate the meal ahead.
The aroma really builds up the anticipation Smells have a way of luring the whole family to the dinner table too!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
The aroma really builds up the anticipation Smells have a way of luring the whole family to the dinner table too!
And who can resist the promise of a delicious meal lingering in the air? The nosy Parker in me finds it so fascinating to catch a whiff of what my neighbors are having for dinner!

And who can resist the promise of a delicious meal lingering in the air? The nosy Parker in me finds it so fascinating to catch a whiff of what my neighbors are having for dinner!
Hah, the nosiness of smelling what your neighbours are cooking! I must say, slow-cooked stews and soups really are a heavenly aroma attack on the senses. You're right; it's like an unspoken invitation to dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Hah, the nosiness of smelling what your neighbours are cooking! I must say, slow-cooked stews and soups really are a heavenly aroma attack on the senses. You're right; it's like an unspoken invitation to dinner.
The olfactory invitations being sent out by neighbors can be quite tempting, especially when hunger strikes! It's delightful to anticipate the delicious meal ahead with scents wafting in the air.

The olfactory invitations being sent out by neighbors can be quite tempting, especially when hunger strikes! It's delightful to anticipate the delicious meal ahead with scents wafting in the air.
Hunger coupled with tantalizing aromas certainly amplify each other's effects. The anticipatory delights of dining never fail to tickle the senses!

Hunger coupled with tantalizing aromas certainly amplify each other's effects. The anticipatory delights of dining never fail to tickle the senses!
I'm hungry just thinking about all these aromatic feasts!

I'm hungry just thinking about all these aromatic feasts!
The power of smell is amazing; it can really transport you somewhere else, or someone's kitchen in this case! I'm curious to know what everyone's go-to slow-cooked dishes are. Something that can be prepared and forgotten about on the stove for a while, emitting tantalizing aromas.

The power of smell is amazing; it can really transport you somewhere else, or someone's kitchen in this case! I'm curious to know what everyone's go-to slow-cooked dishes are. Something that can be prepared and forgotten about on the stove for a while, emitting tantalizing aromas.
I love braised beef stew with lots of herbs and spices. The longer it cooks, the more tender the meat becomes. The aroma of the herbs really permeates the entire house and is a comforting smell that never fails to delight my senses and bring the family together.

I love braised beef stew with lots of herbs and spices. The longer it cooks, the more tender the meat becomes. The aroma of the herbs really permeates the entire house and is a comforting smell that never fails to delight my senses and bring the family together.
The smell of herb-infused dishes is indescribably appealing. It's like an ode to patience because the longer you wait, the more rewarding the meal becomes.

The smell of herb-infused dishes is indescribably appealing. It's like an ode to patience because the longer you wait, the more rewarding the meal becomes.
Mmmm that sounds so good! My stomach's growling just imagining the taste.

I'll bet you're craving some slow-cooked stew now.
That's right! The mention of herb scents really got me craving some hearty stew and freshly baked bread to go with it. The perfect comfort food to warm the soul on a rainy day.

That's right! The mention of herb scents really got me craving some hearty stew and freshly baked bread to go with it. The perfect comfort food to warm the soul on a rainy day.
Ooh, yes please to the freshly baked bread! Nothing like some crusty carbs to sop up the delicious gravy.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu