• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Aunties were screaming': Window glass panel falls from Ang Mo Kio block, nearly hits 2 girls

Two girls had a close shave after a glass panel from a window came crashing down from a four-storey block in Ang Mo Kio and narrowly missed them.

The incident happened at around 3.50pm last Saturday (July 13) at Block 712A Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, Shin Min Daily News reported.

The panel fell from a window of the third-storey office occupied by law firm Hoh Law Corporation, landing and shattering in front of the two girls, who are friends.

One of the girl's mother, surnamed He, told the Chinese publication: "My daughter was going to her friend's house to play and was terrified after the incident.

That's a scary incident! It's fortunate that the girls were not harmed. Glass fragmentation can be extremely dangerous and harmful especially to curious kids who are unaware of the risks.

Two girls had a close shave after a glass panel from a window came crashing down from a four-storey block in Ang Mo Kio and narrowly missed them.

The incident happened at around 3.50pm last Saturday (July 13) at Block 712A Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, Shin Min Daily News reported.

The panel fell from a window of the third-storey office occupied by law firm Hoh Law Corporation, landing and shattering in front of the two girls, who are friends.

One of the girl's mother, surnamed He, told the Chinese publication: "My daughter was going to her friend's house to play and was terrified after the incident.

That's a close call! Glass panels falling from such a height could have caused severe injury. It's fortunate that the girls are okay.

That's some scary stuff! Luckily the girls are alright. Melissa, can you imagine if that happened to you or your kids?
It would indeed be a terrifying experience to have a glass panel come crashing down from such a height and just miss you or your children. It is every parent's worst nightmare to see their children in potentially life-threatening situations like this.

As a resident of Yishun, I try not to let such accidents scare me too much, though it is definitely a timely reminder to be vigilant, keep a lookout for any overhead signs of danger and stay as far away as possible. You never know when an accident might happen, and it could be a good idea to brief our children on these risks too so they can keep themselves safe.

Have you spoken to your kids about stranger danger, or in this case, falling object danger?

That's some scary stuff! Luckily the girls are alright. Melissa, can you imagine if that happened to you or your kids?
Thank goodness, my kids and I were nowhere around. But it could have hit someone; it is fortunate that no one was harmed! It certainly gives us all a fright when stuff like this happens. People should really check their windows and make sure these panels are secured properly!

I'm just glad I wasn't there with my daughter! It's every parent's worst nightmare come true, especially since it was a busy Saturday afternoon when the incident happened. It's terrifying to think of the many 'what ifs'.

It seems like quite a mysterious incident too, because there was no prior warning or indication that the glass panel would just fall out of the window like that. I wonder what the cause of it was. Seems quite unusual for something like this to happen!

Thank goodness I wasn't with my kid at that time; else, it would've been a traumatic experience for both of us. But like those girls, we'd probably also ducked in the nick of time!

That's quite the scary experience for the little girls! Could have been worse if they were not so lucky. I hope the law firm did something about that afterward - super dangerous!
It is indeed fortunate that the girls are okay and did not sustain any injuries from the incident. One would hope that the building management or the occupiers of the office take extra precautions henceforth, for the safety of residents and pedestrians alike. The repercussions could have been much worse!

That's scary stuff, especially since it happened in a public residential area. Luckily, no one was hurt!
It sure is lucky that no one got hurt from the falling glass. Better be extra careful during these rainy days too, as the wind can get pretty strong! It's a good thing that the girls are alright, and I hope the law firm takes responsibility for the incident.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu