• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Love

That's so cute how your kids have their special toy-book combos for bedtime! My son also had a phase where he slept with his favourite story characters; it's so adorable when they form such strong attachments.

Lego and comics are a fun combination to keep the excitement going, quite a popular combo it seems!
It's a pleasure to share these little anecdotes about our children. There's something special about their unwavering attachments to certain toys and stories. It's as though these familiar characters and objects bring them comfort and companionship, especially during bedtime.

The popularity of the Batman theme across different age groups, combined with the interactive nature of Legos, creates a delightful and engaging experience for kids!

That's adorable that your son has sleeping buddies! And cool that the younger one enjoys a good toy-book combo involving one of the most famous superheroes. Batman never gets old, eh?
Yes, Batman seems to be ageless and timeless - a true classic!

That's adorable that your son has sleeping buddies! And cool that the younger one enjoys a good toy-book combo involving one of the most famous superheroes. Batman never gets old, eh?
Batman's timeless appeal seems to be a hit across different generations! It's quite endearing to see how these fictional characters and stories can bring so much joy and imagination into our little ones' lives.

the classic superhero always seems to wow the little ones with his appeal. The dark knight certainly has my child hooked, and I agree that it's such a delight to witness children form special bonds with their toys and books.

Yes, Batman's popularity seems timeless! It's exciting for kids to have these larger-than-life superheroes as their heroes, and I think it encourages their imaginations too.

That's a lovely combo! It's so adorable when they bestow names on their beloved toys; it makes them so much more special : ) The Little Engine That Could is such a cute story, a classic tale with a wonderful message Glad your little one enjoys it so much!
Yes it's the little things that make parenting such a delightful adventure!

That's a lovely combo! It's so adorable when they bestow names on their beloved toys; it makes them so much more special : ) The Little Engine That Could is such a cute story, a classic tale with a wonderful message Glad your little one enjoys it so much!
My son never had that book, but the titles you and other users have mentioned sound like great reads! I'm tempted to get some for my little one now. He'd probably enjoy the stories and the moral lessons that come with them. Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

It's so wholesome hearing about your kid's cherished toys and book combos! I'm curious - what're some of the most creative names other kids have given their toys? seems like quite the trend now!
You're right; it's endearing when children come up with unique names for their toys! I've heard some adorable monikers based on their favourite characters from movies or books. Creative names like Buzzy, a cute moniker for a bumblebee stuffed toy, or a brave warrior named Arrow the Bear.

Some even name them after foods they love, like Chocolate the Rabbit, which is pretty cute and imaginative! And who can forget the classics like Mr. Sunny the Sun or Captain Cloud? Kids these days come up with the most unexpected names that are so fun and adorable!

It's so wholesome hearing about your kid's cherished toys and book combos! I'm curious - what're some of the most creative names other kids have given their toys? seems like quite the trend now!
I've heard of kids giving the cutest names to their toys! One of my neighbour's toddlers named their teddy bear 'Cloudy', which is just the sweetest and fluffiest name ever. Another friend's kid named their favourite doll after their grandma, it was the cutest granny doll you'd ever see! Some also go with food-themed names like Cookie or Candy, which is super cute for stuffed animals : )

You're right; it's sweet to hear about the unique bonds children form with their toys, often accompanied by unique names! I've heard some cute ones like "Mr. Snuffy" for a much-loved teddy bear and "Sky Guy" for a blue stuff toy that resembled a superhero of sorts.

Some kids get creative with naming stuffed animals after food, believe it or not! A friend's child named his favorite plush chicken "Nugget," while another toddler I know calls her yellow duck "Fries." It's adorable how these quirky names come about, often mysterious to us adults!

So heartwarming to hear how your little one forms such dear attachments to his toys! It's really lovely when they create these special bonds and personalise their playtime experiences 😊. *The Little Engine That Could* seems like a great companion to his wooden train set! The story's message of determination is inspiring and very relatable for the little ones.
I've also noticed that some kids seem to have a natural inclination towards bestowing personalities and names on their toys, especially stuffed toys and teddies. It adds a whole new layer of cuteness and warmth to their playtime adventures! But it does make me wonder where they come up with these creative names too..there's just so much imagination there!

So heartwarming to hear how your little one forms such dear attachments to his toys! It's really lovely when they create these special bonds and personalise their playtime experiences 😊. *The Little Engine That Could* seems like a great companion to his wooden train set! The story's message of determination is inspiring and very relatable for the little ones.
I've also noticed that some children really enjoy naming their toys, giving them such cute, unexpected names! It's as if the toys become their little pals, which is so adorable. Some mums in an online forum I follow shared that their kids went with food-themed names, like Chocolate pudding and Candy! Quite the sweet bunch 🙂 Do you think there's a trend emerging?

I've heard of kids giving all sorts of quirky names to their toys, often something unpredictable and random! Like this one time, my niece named her fluffy pink unicorn toy "Cloud" - no idea where that came from but it stuck, and we all address the toy by its "official" name now. Quite cute how creative they get!

I've also noticed that some kids form intense attachments to their toys and books! It's lovely when parents encourage this creativity by incorporating these playthings and stories into their children's routines.

That's such a cute combo! I love it when toys have personalities; it really brings them to life for little ones. The Little Engine That Could is a classic, a firm favorite that stands the test of time!
It's adorable when toys become alive and kickin' in the eyes of the little ones! It's quite amazing how creative names and stories emerge from their innocent imaginations.

That's such a cute combo! I love it when toys have personalities; it really brings them to life for little ones. The Little Engine That Could is a classic, a firm favorite that stands the test of time!
bringing toys to life with imaginative names and personalities is half the fun of parenting! It's sweet when these childhood tales create lasting memories. The timeless appeal of The Little Engine That Could never fails to charm its way into hearts, young and old!

That wooden train set sounds like a great toy! My kids love anything that encourages hands-on, imaginative play. *The Little Engine That Could* seems like a wonderful story too, teaching little ones about determination and resilience. I like how you describe the illustrations--I can almost visualize the charming scenes!
Yeah, it's really sweet when toys become almost lifelike with personality and all. That story's an oldie but a goodie!

That wooden train set sounds like a great toy! My kids love anything that encourages hands-on, imaginative play. *The Little Engine That Could* seems like a wonderful story too, teaching little ones about determination and resilience. I like how you describe the illustrations--I can almost visualize the charming scenes!
Yes the wooden train set is a simple yet wonderful toy with so much open-ended play potential! And you're right, The Little Engine That Could teaches a great lesson on perseverance - a good value to instil in our young ones. The illustrations are charming; it's a heartwarming visual companion to the story.

It is heartwarming to witness how our children create their own imaginative playtime worlds, especially with toys and books that they find enchanting. It's like stepping into a whole new realm through their creative eyes! The Little Engine That Could seems like such an adorable storybook, filled with whimsical illustrations that fuel their imagination further - almost like a magical portal into a wonderful train world!

My girl has a soft toy giraffe that she's super attached to. It's amazing how that one toy has sparked so much interest in anything giraffes! We've since bought her a few books about giraffes, and she loves them all - especially *Giraffes Can't Dance* by Giles Andreae. The rhyming words and fun illustrations make it a joy to read, and the story's message about finding your talent is a lovely one. She often 'dances' along with the awkward giraffe, bending her knees to try her own 'giraffe moves'. Too cute!
How wonderful that a simple soft toy sparked an interest and love for giraffes! It's amazing how children pick up on things and develop attachments to certain creatures : ) *Giraffes Can't Dance* sounds like a delightful read with its adorable message and fun illustrations - a great companion to your daughter's soft toy! The giraffe moves sound so cute - what a wonderful little ritual you two have going on!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu