• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Love

My boy loves his stuffed toys too, particularly a fluffy monkey that goes by the name of bananas (yes, original name I know!). He used to enjoy the classic *Corduroy* with this fluffy companion, as they went on their own adventures exploring the city together. The book's cute illustrations and the story of Corduroy's antics in the department store brought the whole experience to life for my boy, especially with his cuddly monkey by his side.
I love how *Corduroy* brings the excitement of urban adventures to little ones! The vivid descriptions and endearing illustrations must make for a fun read 😊.

My boy loves his stuffed toys too, particularly a fluffy monkey that goes by the name of bananas (yes, original name I know!). He used to enjoy the classic *Corduroy* with this fluffy companion, as they went on their own adventures exploring the city together. The book's cute illustrations and the story of Corduroy's antics in the department store brought the whole experience to life for my boy, especially with his cuddly monkey by his side.
It's charming how much character and personality a simple stuff toy can have just by being paired with the right book! *Corduroy* seems like a fun read, with its adorable protagonist and cute illustrations. I can almost picture your son having an enjoyable time reading it while cuddling his bananas monkey. The little touches that make books come alive are special.

That's adorable! Stuffed toys seem to be a big hit with the little ones! It's wonderful how *Cordroy* came alive through Bananas the fluffy monkey :D. I haven't heard of that book before, but if it's become a favourite, the story must be captivating!

My kids also love The Little Engine That Could, it's such a heartwarming story! We don't have a train set though, that sounds like a wonderful addition to the book. Perhaps I should get my daughter one for her next birthday!
The train set has brought so much joy to my little one--it's a lovely way to bring the story to life. But you're right; the book alone is such a gem! It's amazing how these stories really touch their hearts.

My kids also love The Little Engine That Could, it's such a heartwarming story! We don't have a train set though, that sounds like a wonderful addition to the book. Perhaps I should get my daughter one for her next birthday!
It's a great combo that'll keep them entertained for hours - the train set, I mean! The Little Engine That Could never gets old, a timeless classic with a lovely message. A train set will definitely level up their reading experience.

My toddler has a soft toy dog that she calls "Pup-Pup." She got it as a present when she was born, and it's become her favorite snuggle buddy. Pup-Pup even has his own wardrobe, including clothes and hats!

Pairing it with *Corduroy*, the story of a cute bear looking for a home, is a natural match. It's heartwarming to witness how my daughter cuddles up with her furry friend while I read about Corduroy's adventures finding a loving family. The book's message of acceptance and belonging resonates so well with the comforting presence of a much-loved toy.
That's adorable! I love it when toys become cherished friends with their own personalities and outfits. *Corduroy* is such a lovely book with an important message, a wonderful snuggle-time favorite!

The train set has been such a great investment, especially with *The Little Engine That Could* as the perfect companion! It's amazing how books can really bring toys to life and vice versa 😊.

The train set has brought so much joy to my little one! Especially with the added adventure of *The Little Engine That Could* book. It's amazing how these simple toys and stories can bring so much excitement and laughter.

If you do go for the train set, I recommend getting a few extra tracks--my son quickly grew bored of the basic setup, so we now have a massive looping track that goes all around the room! He spends hours setting it up and watching the trains zoom around.

My toddler has a soft toy dog that she calls "Pup-Pup." She got it as a present when she was born, and it's become her favorite snuggle buddy. Pup-Pup even has his own wardrobe, including clothes and hats!

Pairing it with *Corduroy*, the story of a cute bear looking for a home, is a natural match. It's heartwarming to witness how my daughter cuddles up with her furry friend while I read about Corduroy's adventures finding a loving family. The book's message of acceptance and belonging resonates so well with the comforting presence of a much-loved toy.
Aww, that's adorable! It's so cute how kids become attached to their favorite snugglie buddies like that. *Corduroy* is a lovely choice to go along with her Pup-Pup; the story's warmth and the cute illustrations are a perfect pair for her beloved toy.

It's charming how kids become so attached to their toys and give them unique personalities! Adorable how Rodney's mystery name has become a special part of your son's playtime adventures.
I know right? Kids' imaginations never cease to amaze me! Their creative names for toys are often the cutest, like your son's mysterious Rodney. It adds a personal touch to their playtime, making it extra special and adorable.

It's lovely how toys and stories can spark our kids' imaginations! My kid also had a phase where he enjoyed arranging obstacles for his train tracks :) .
it's amazing how these young ones get so absorbed and their creativity blossoms! And yeah, my son's all about setting up elaborate landscapes for Rodney these days. Keep the magical moments coming!

It's lovely how toys and stories can spark our kids' imaginations! My kid also had a phase where he enjoyed arranging obstacles for his train tracks :) .
It sure is amazing how these simple toys can provide hours of fun and joy, stimulating their creative minds!

My daughter also has a soft toy which she's attached to - it's a pink bunny named Honey. She treats it as her 'baby' and brings it along everywhere, including storytime! Honey became especially cuddly after the introduction of *Guess How Much I Love You*, a heartwarming tale about a little nutbrown hare and its mum. The expressions of love in the book are just so endearing, and my daughter loves to hug Honey close throughout each reading.
It's so adorable how our kids' love for their toys can be enhanced with a good story!

Stuffed toys seem to be a common favourite amongst the little ones! My son also has a beloved plushie, a cute dog named Fluffy that he sleeps with every night. It's so heartwarming to see how attached he's become to it. He also loves the book * Corduroy*, about a cute bear and his adventures in the department store, searching for a missing button.

Fluffy goes on many an adventure with Corduroy, snuggling up at bedtime or joining in the fun when my son acts out the story. The bear's message of determination and courage speaks volumes to the little ones, encouraging them to explore the world fearlessly!
It's so Fluffy's presence makes your son's book time extra cozy!

Stuffed toys seem to be a common favourite amongst the little ones! My son also has a beloved plushie, a cute dog named Fluffy that he sleeps with every night. It's so heartwarming to see how attached he's become to it. He also loves the book * Corduroy*, about a cute bear and his adventures in the department store, searching for a missing button.

Fluffy goes on many an adventure with Corduroy, snuggling up at bedtime or joining in the fun when my son acts out the story. The bear's message of determination and courage speaks volumes to the little ones, encouraging them to explore the world fearlessly!
Awww, it's Fluffy's adventures sound like such a adorable addition to the *Corduroy* story!

It's amazing how these toys and tales become such a wonderful comfort to our kids, teaching them valuable lessons too.

That's a cute name, Rainbow, quite fitting for a unicorn! My son had this annoying stuffed bear he brought everywhere, which he luckily outgrew. Thankfully, it didn't have any literary inspiration; otherwise, I would've gone crazy from the repetitiveness of bear-themed books.

I'm glad you asked about my kid's favorite combo because it's quite an amusing one! He's got this silly blow-up pumpkin toy that talks and makes silly noises. It's suppose to be scary but the absurdity of it makes us laugh more than anything. Anyway, the best book to go with this goofy pumpkin is *The Day the Monsters Lost Their Frowns* - a funny, rhyming story about monsters who can't help but laugh and have fun despite their fierce appearances. The silly drawings and catchy words go well with the talking pumpkin gadget, which has brought us many hours of laughter. My son enjoys making up his own scary stories to match the whacky pictures in the book.
It's adorable how children can find companions in the darndest toys! I love it when they create their own storylines too - so creative!

That's a cute name, Rainbow, quite fitting for a unicorn! My son had this annoying stuffed bear he brought everywhere, which he luckily outgrew. Thankfully, it didn't have any literary inspiration; otherwise, I would've gone crazy from the repetitiveness of bear-themed books.

I'm glad you asked about my kid's favorite combo because it's quite an amusing one! He's got this silly blow-up pumpkin toy that talks and makes silly noises. It's suppose to be scary but the absurdity of it makes us laugh more than anything. Anyway, the best book to go with this goofy pumpkin is *The Day the Monsters Lost Their Frowns* - a funny, rhyming story about monsters who can't help but laugh and have fun despite their fierce appearances. The silly drawings and catchy words go well with the talking pumpkin gadget, which has brought us many hours of laughter. My son enjoys making up his own scary stories to match the whacky pictures in the book.
Haha it seems like your son has a quirky sense of fun! That's a memorable combo he has there :) .

Monsters losing their frowns and bringing on the laughs is a hilarious concept for a kids' book! I can imagine the entertaining hours spent with that goofy pumpkin and the monster story, creating some memorable giggles :) .

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu