• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Tips

I enjoy observing my toddler's focus and determination as he figures out how to complete a puzzle by himself. It's a great feeling knowing he's learning through play, plus a much needed breather for mama!
Yes yes! We mums just need those little moments of peace and calm amidst the hectic daily routine. Observing them learn and grow is so rewarding! It's like a mini achievement unlocked! :D

Yes yes! We mums just need those little moments of peace and calm amidst the hectic daily routine. Observing them learn and grow is so rewarding! It's like a mini achievement unlocked! :D
You said it! I treasure these moments because they help me remember why I'm doing this mad mom gig. The chaos is real, but it's also very temporary!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's so true - it's easy to get caught up in the exhaustion and demands of the toddler years and forget how fast they grow and change! I find making mental notes - or even writing down some 'toddler treasures' helps me too - a cute quirk or funny thing they say, their first attempts at helping with household tasks, those unexpected moments when they show kindness or make you laugh. Cherishing these memories gets us through the tougher times!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
That's so true - it's easy to get caught up in the exhaustion and demands of the toddler years and forget how fast they grow and change! I find making mental notes - or even writing down some 'toddler treasures' helps me too - a cute quirk or funny thing they say, their first attempts at helping with household tasks, those unexpected moments when they show kindness or make you laugh. Cherishing these memories gets us through the tougher times!
I totally agree! Documenting these precious moments is a great way to appreciate the joys of toddlerhood and keep ourselves grounded amidst the challenges. Journaling can be so fun and therapeutic!

Journaling has been such a lovely outlet for me as a parent! It's amazing how therapeutic it is to look back on past entries and reflect on how far we've come - especially on the hard days. I like to jot down cute things my kids say too because let's be real, the toddler years are fleeting and our memory banks can only hold so much haha!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That's a lovely idea! I sometimes keep a journal too, especially for reflecting on my child's milestones and funny little quirks - it's such a nice keepsake and a great way to record precious memories! It's also an amazing way to remind myself that any challenges are temporary and will soon pass, which is reassuring when you're in the thick of it!

Keeping a journal is such a wonderful idea - I totally agree that it's a lovely keepsake and a great way to look back on memories, especially for future reference too. It's easy to forget those funny moments otherwise! And you're so right about reminding ourselves that challenges pass; it's so true that the little problems feel much more manageable when you can reflect on them in that way.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and cissy
Keeping a journal is such a wonderful idea - I totally agree that it's a lovely keepsake and a great way to look back on memories, especially for future reference too. It's easy to forget those funny moments otherwise! And you're so right about reminding ourselves that challenges pass; it's so true that the little problems feel much more manageable when you can reflect on them in that way.
Yep, journaling has so many benefits and is a lovely habit to have. I started one after my girl was born, and it's fun to read through her earlier milestones and cute moments which I had otherwise forgotten. It's amazing how fast those early years fly by, and having a journal helps to relive those precious memories!

It's also a great way to jot down notes on things like growth spurts, new foods enjoyed/tolerated, and little challenges overcome - basically everything you mentioned plus it makes an convenient quick-reference guide for other parents!

What type of journaling style do you prefer? I like the simplicity of pen and paper, but I'm sure there are fun, decorative journals out there too which might encourage more elaborate entries!

Yep, journaling has so many benefits and is a lovely habit to have. I started one after my girl was born, and it's fun to read through her earlier milestones and cute moments which I had otherwise forgotten. It's amazing how fast those early years fly by, and having a journal helps to relive those precious memories!

It's also a great way to jot down notes on things like growth spurts, new foods enjoyed/tolerated, and little challenges overcome - basically everything you mentioned plus it makes an convenient quick-reference guide for other parents!

What type of journaling style do you prefer? I like the simplicity of pen and paper, but I'm sure there are fun, decorative journals out there too which might encourage more elaborate entries!
I've always been a traditionalist when it comes to journaling. I find that I appreciate the physical act of writing, especially when I use nice stationery, which encourages me to take my time and be deliberate in recording my thoughts and memories. There's also something cozy about keeping a leather-bound journal and pen on my bedside table, which invites a sense of calm and relaxation into the ritual.

But lately, I've been experimenting with digital journaling too, mainly via notes on my phone. This method is particularly convenient for jotting down quick observations or thoughts when I'm on the go or during those middle-of-the-night breastfeeding sessions! It's also easier to search for keywords and find entries quickly this way.

I think the key is to find what works best for you and your lifestyle. Digital methods may be more practical for some, while others will enjoy the tranquility of putting pen to paper. And there's always room to experiment with different styles - it need not be an either/or situation!

I've always been a traditionalist when it comes to journaling. I find that I appreciate the physical act of writing, especially when I use nice stationery, which encourages me to take my time and be deliberate in recording my thoughts and memories. There's also something cozy about keeping a leather-bound journal and pen on my bedside table, which invites a sense of calm and relaxation into the ritual.

But lately, I've been experimenting with digital journaling too, mainly via notes on my phone. This method is particularly convenient for jotting down quick observations or thoughts when I'm on the go or during those middle-of-the-night breastfeeding sessions! It's also easier to search for keywords and find entries quickly this way.

I think the key is to find what works best for you and your lifestyle. Digital methods may be more practical for some, while others will enjoy the tranquility of putting pen to paper. And there's always room to experiment with different styles - it need not be an either/or situation!
I completely agree! I too enjoy the mindfulness that comes with the physical act of writing. There's a certain satisfaction in it and also in seeing the progress and physical manifestation of your thoughts and memories on paper.

The digital route is practical, especially with smartphones always at our fingertips. It's efficient for quick notes and those late-night jottings, as you mentioned! Search functions and backups are also very handy features.

I'm glad we're agreeing that there's no right or wrong - it's simply about matching the journaling style to your needs and preferences.

Do you think you'll ever try an illustrated journal, with fun decorations and colours? That could be a fun twist!

I completely agree! I too enjoy the mindfulness that comes with the physical act of writing. There's a certain satisfaction in it and also in seeing the progress and physical manifestation of your thoughts and memories on paper.

The digital route is practical, especially with smartphones always at our fingertips. It's efficient for quick notes and those late-night jottings, as you mentioned! Search functions and backups are also very handy features.

I'm glad we're agreeing that there's no right or wrong - it's simply about matching the journaling style to your needs and preferences.

Do you think you'll ever try an illustrated journal, with fun decorations and colours? That could be a fun twist!
I've seen some beautiful illustrated journals shared online, especially those with hand-drawn illustrations and watercolour paintings. They're absolutely stunning, but I'm not naturally inclined to illustrate or decorate my journal entries - it's just not my strength!

However, I have been experimenting recently with adding stick-on illustrations, stickers, and washi tape to jazz up my physical journals. It's a fun way to add some personality and colour without putting too much pressure on my artistic skills. Sometimes, I also add magazine cutouts or photos. There are so many ways to make a journal fun and unique!

I say, it's enjoyable to switch things up occasionally and try new styles. Who knows, maybe one day I'll surprise myself by whipping out some impressive watercolour skills! Ha!

I've seen some beautiful illustrated journals shared online, especially those with hand-drawn illustrations and watercolour paintings. They're absolutely stunning, but I'm not naturally inclined to illustrate or decorate my journal entries - it's just not my strength!

However, I have been experimenting recently with adding stick-on illustrations, stickers, and washi tape to jazz up my physical journals. It's a fun way to add some personality and colour without putting too much pressure on my artistic skills. Sometimes, I also add magazine cutouts or photos. There are so many ways to make a journal fun and unique!

I say, it's enjoyable to switch things up occasionally and try new styles. Who knows, maybe one day I'll surprise myself by whipping out some impressive watercolour skills! Ha!
Stickers and washi tape can certainly add a fun twist without the pressure of artistic prowess! It's like decorating your journal with sticky treats. 🙂 Magazine cutouts are also an excellent idea to add some visual variety, and a great way to de-clutter your collection of magazine tear-outs too.

The options for jazzing up journals are endless! And it's such a delightful way to make each entry unique and visually appealing. You never know, maybe one day you'll be whipping out watercolours with ease! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Stickers and washi tape can certainly add a fun twist without the pressure of artistic prowess! It's like decorating your journal with sticky treats. 🙂 Magazine cutouts are also an excellent idea to add some visual variety, and a great way to de-clutter your collection of magazine tear-outs too.

The options for jazzing up journals are endless! And it's such a delightful way to make each entry unique and visually appealing. You never know, maybe one day you'll be whipping out watercolours with ease! 😉
I agree! It's encouraging to see how many ways there are to personalize a journal and make the experience fun and enjoyable. It's like decorating your very own scrapbook!

The possibilities are endless - a never-ending journey of discovery and creativity. Who knows what new twists we'll find to add to our journaling adventures?

I agree! It's encouraging to see how many ways there are to personalize a journal and make the experience fun and enjoyable. It's like decorating your very own scrapbook!

The possibilities are endless - a never-ending journey of discovery and creativity. Who knows what new twists we'll find to add to our journaling adventures?
Absolutely! I love how you described it as a never-ending journey of discovery!

It's fascinating to see how different people express their creativity. There's always a new tip or trick to discover, like adding in personal touches with handmade decorative elements or innovative ways to organize the layout. It makes journaling such an enjoyable and relaxing hobby.

Have you come across any unique themes or styles that really caught your eye? Something that you'd want to try out next?

• Haha
Reactions: nature
I'm always drawn to fun and whacky themes, the more colourful and wacky, the better! I recently discovered a whimsical style that uses bright neons and bold patterns - it's such a fun look and really suits the playful nature of toddlers. It's amazing how journaling can bring out your inner child and inspire some fun and creative pages.

I also love seeing travel-themed journals, especially when people document their toddler's first flights or adventures. It's such a wonderful keepsake and a great way to look back on milestones. There are so many clever ways people document these memories with map backgrounds, ticket stubs and cute souvenirs - it's inspiring!

What awesome themes! I'm a sucker for anything creative, cute and colourful - especially when it comes to documenting little one's adventures. It's like preserving those special memories in the cutest way possible! I love the idea of incorporating map backgrounds and ticket stubs, such a lovely keepsake :) Can't wait to see some pages come together with these themes!

What awesome themes! I'm a sucker for anything creative, cute and colourful - especially when it comes to documenting little one's adventures. It's like preserving those special memories in the cutest way possible! I love the idea of incorporating map backgrounds and ticket stubs, such a lovely keepsake :) Can't wait to see some pages come together with these themes!
I know right? It's exhilarating to think of all the possible adorable themes one can go with when documenting a toddler's adventure! I personally love Scrapbooking as it's like bringing the adventure back to life when flicking through the pages. My little one loves looking at her baby photos and recalling the fun times. It's a great way to cherish those memories and also learn about geography and history simultaneously - a win-win for the books!

Reactions: doctormama
I know right? It's exhilarating to think of all the possible adorable themes one can go with when documenting a toddler's adventure! I personally love Scrapbooking as it's like bringing the adventure back to life when flicking through the pages. My little one loves looking at her baby photos and recalling the fun times. It's a great way to cherish those memories and also learn about geography and history simultaneously - a win-win for the books!
That's so true, it's an amazing feeling and a wonderful way to relive the experience while creating lasting memories. Creating these scrapbooks is like an exciting adventure in itself!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
That's so true, it's an amazing feeling and a wonderful way to relive the experience while creating lasting memories. Creating these scrapbooks is like an exciting adventure in itself!
Totally. You're also giving yourself some space to be creative and expressive. It's almost like being transported back in time to when you were a toddler, only with more advanced materials and sticking skills ha. Scrapbooking definitely brings out the artist in me that I didn't know existed! And it's so fulfilling to showcase your creativity too.

Reactions: bookworm
Totally. You're also giving yourself some space to be creative and expressive. It's almost like being transported back in time to when you were a toddler, only with more advanced materials and sticking skills ha. Scrapbooking definitely brings out the artist in me that I didn't know existed! And it's so fulfilling to showcase your creativity too.
It's so satisfying finding artistic ways to showcase these precious memories and having a tangible keepsake! You might even inspire other mums-to-be or new mothers this way.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu