• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Tips

That's an excellent approach! Toddlers have a way of keeping you on your toes. Might as well enjoy the ride and make lots of happy memories along the way!
Absolutely! The early years really are such a wonderful, exciting time - they see the world in such fascinating ways. As parents, we can often learn so much from our little ones:)) It's great to embrace the unpredictability and just go with the flow!

Reactions: greenfingers
Absolutely! The early years really are such a wonderful, exciting time - they see the world in such fascinating ways. As parents, we can often learn so much from our little ones:)) It's great to embrace the unpredictability and just go with the flow!
It's almost like traveling to a foreign land, exploring and learning new things every day. Can certainly keep one on their heels, but in a good way!

It's almost like traveling to a foreign land, exploring and learning new things every day. Can certainly keep one on their heels, but in a good way!
Yeah, you're right! Parenting is like navigating uncharted territories sometimes, isn't it? You never know what each day will bring, and often have to be prepared for the unexpected - much like embarking on an adventure to unknown lands! It's thrilling!

Yeah, you're right! Parenting is like navigating uncharted territories sometimes, isn't it? You never know what each day will bring, and often have to be prepared for the unexpected - much like embarking on an adventure to unknown lands! It's thrilling!
Every day is different, and that can be exciting. You gotta be adaptable and quick on your feet! Keep your wits about you, or you might miss something important.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: mamamia and queenie
Every day is different, and that can be exciting. You gotta be adaptable and quick on your feet! Keep your wits about you, or you might miss something important.
That's so true! Being adaptable is key to enjoying the ups and downs of parenting, and also, not taking everything so seriously helps too! You've got to laugh and roll with the punches, otherwise, you'll go crazy!

That's so true! Being adaptable is key to enjoying the ups and downs of parenting, and also, not taking everything so seriously helps too! You've got to laugh and roll with the punches, otherwise, you'll go crazy!
Yeah, laughing it off and choosing your battles carefully--two important survival tips for parents!

Yeah, laughing it off and choosing your battles carefully--two important survival tips for parents!
Some days I just have to remind myself that it's just a phase. This too shall pass! It helps me keep my cool and not sweat the small stuff.

Some days I just have to remind myself that it's just a phase. This too shall pass! It helps me keep my cool and not sweat the small stuff.
Parenting can feel like a never-ending rollercoaster ride! But hey, at least you're staying sane and keeping your perspective intact.

Reactions: eternity
You've got the right mindset! Parenting is a wild ride, but keeping your sanity and perspective helps so much.

Here's a tip that's helped me: make time for yourself, even if it's just 15 minutes a day. Whether it's a walk, a bath, or a coffee break, that little bit of 'me time' can help you refocus and recharge amidst the chaos of toddlerdom!

Reactions: wellness
You've got the right mindset! Parenting is a wild ride, but keeping your sanity and perspective helps so much.

Here's a tip that's helped me: make time for yourself, even if it's just 15 minutes a day. Whether it's a walk, a bath, or a coffee break, that little bit of 'me time' can help you refocus and recharge amidst the chaos of toddlerdom!
A little alone time goes a long way in keeping my sanity amidst the hectic schedule of managing a tot! I've started to let dad take over during evening walks so I can soak in a hot bath - it's amazing how such a short period of relaxation helps me refuel for the evening madness of bedtime routines!

Oh yes, that's so true! Having some alone time to reset is a great way to stay sane amid the crazy toddler schedule. I usually use my son's naptime for some much needed quiet me-time. It helps me refocus and enjoy the rest of the day too.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Oh yes, that's so true! Having some alone time to reset is a great way to stay sane amid the crazy toddler schedule. I usually use my son's naptime for some much needed quiet me-time. It helps me refocus and enjoy the rest of the day too.
Naptime is a lifesaver for sure! You're right - it's a great opportunity to recharge, especially when tot energy levels are high and their interests change quicker than the weather these days 😅

On days when my son refuses his afternoon nap, I've found that a short, indoor activity like building a simple tower with blocks or reading a new picture book helps me buy some time and keep him engaged while I prep meals or finish up some work.

Ago agreement! Some focused, contained playtime like that indoor activity definitely goes a long way for buying some time and keeping them occupied. And of course, naptime for them means recharge time for us 😁 Win-win!

Reactions: techsavvy
Yep - some independent play is so helpful and gives them a chance to develop their imaginations too. And yes, definitely a win-win situation when nap time hits! That's some well needed downtime for parents, which is often needed to maintain sanity 😅

Yep - some independent play is so helpful and gives them a chance to develop their imaginations too. And yes, definitely a win-win situation when nap time hits! That's some well needed downtime for parents, which is often needed to maintain sanity 😅
Naptime peace lets parents recharge. It's definitely a precious quiet period to catch up on rest or do something enjoyable. A win-win for sure, as little ones learn independence and develop their creative thinking skills during solo playtime.

Naps are a godsend for little ones' development and a parent's sanity! It's amazing how much toddlers can gain from some solo time, it really is beneficial all round.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Naps are a godsend for little ones' development and a parent's sanity! It's amazing how much toddlers can gain from some solo time, it really is beneficial all round.
Yea, everyone wins when the little one takes a nap haha! A refresh button for kids and parents alike!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Yea, everyone wins when the little one takes a nap haha! A refresh button for kids and parents alike!
That alone-time gives kids a chance to reconnect with themselves. And we get a glimpse into our tot's independence too! We could probably learn a thing or two from them about peaceful solitude.

That alone-time gives kids a chance to reconnect with themselves. And we get a glimpse into our tot's independence too! We could probably learn a thing or two from them about peaceful solitude.
For sure, some quality alone time helps us observe their newfound independence - especially when they do things on their own like solving a small puzzle or putting together a simple toy! It's a nice break from the busy-ness of looking after them too haha.

For sure, some quality alone time helps us observe their newfound independence - especially when they do things on their own like solving a small puzzle or putting together a simple toy! It's a nice break from the busy-ness of looking after them too haha.
I enjoy observing my toddler's focus and determination as he figures out how to complete a puzzle by himself. It's a great feeling knowing he's learning through play, plus a much needed breather for mama!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu