• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Taming

Yes Free entertainment at its best hahaha... Though I must admit, it can be quite a challenge to keep up with their ever-changing interests and favourites! Their curiosity keeps us on our toes! Do share if any of you have discovered any consistent secrets to toddler taming!
I've realised that sensory toys are a good bet when my go-to strategies fail. Anything squishy, like play dough or these silicone squiggle worms seem to be effective as well! Also, letting them help with simple tasks like setting the table or choosing what ingredients go into their lunchbox can keep them occupied and somewhat settled.

I've realised that sensory toys are a good bet when my go-to strategies fail. Anything squishy, like play dough or these silicone squiggle worms seem to be effective as well! Also, letting them help with simple tasks like setting the table or choosing what ingredients go into their lunchbox can keep them occupied and somewhat settled.
Sensory toys are a great idea! I've also found that teaching my son some very basic cooking skills has helped a lot. He loves to "help" with anything from washing vegetables to mixing batter - it's quite adorable, and a good distraction when tempers flare. Also seconding the suggestion of including them in tasks -- it boosts their confidence too I think!

Sensory toys are a great idea! I've also found that teaching my son some very basic cooking skills has helped a lot. He loves to "help" with anything from washing vegetables to mixing batter - it's quite adorable, and a good distraction when tempers flare. Also seconding the suggestion of including them in tasks -- it boosts their confidence too I think!
giving toddlers some responsibility and involving them in simple household tasks can be an effective way of keeping them engaged and occupied. It definitely contributes to their overall development as well! It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
giving toddlers some responsibility and involving them in simple household tasks can be an effective way of keeping them engaged and occupied. It definitely contributes to their overall development as well! It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Toddlers really can keep you on your toes! Hope everyone's surviving the toddler stage as well as can be expected haha! Have a good weekend!

Toddlers really can keep you on your toes! Hope everyone's surviving the toddler stage as well as can be expected haha! Have a good weekend!
You too! Enjoy your weekend!

Hope the kids give you some quiet time this weekend, or at least enough energy for you to enjoy the craziness 😆.
They're napping right now... but I can tell that that peace won't last very long. Haha. Thanks, have a fantastic Saturday!

They're napping right now... but I can tell that that peace won't last very long. Haha. Thanks, have a fantastic Saturday!
Enjoy that well-deserved downtime, you too!

Hope the fun continues and you're making the most of this peaceful yet lively season!
I'm glad we get a breather on weekdays while the kids are occupied with activities and enjoy the relative peace. Hope your long weekend is going swimmingly too!

I'm glad we get a breather on weekdays while the kids are occupied with activities and enjoy the relative peace. Hope your long weekend is going swimmingly too!
The various toddler activities sure do provide some well-deserved quiet time during the long weekend! I'm enjoying every moment of it and hope you're doing the same too!

The various toddler activities sure do provide some well-deserved quiet time during the long weekend! I'm enjoying every moment of it and hope you're doing the same too!
Ah, the ironing board quiet time... Precious me time Enjoy it while it lasts, and have a great evening ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Ah, the ironing board quiet time... Precious me time Enjoy it while it lasts, and have a great evening ahead!
Makes me feel like organization is key - having some quiet time whilst keeping an eye on the little ones occupied with activities! Sounds like you're having a great long weekend too; hope the fun continues for you as well!

Makes me feel like organization is key - having some quiet time whilst keeping an eye on the little ones occupied with activities! Sounds like you're having a great long weekend too; hope the fun continues for you as well!
looks like most of us are having a great weekend so far! Have a fantastic evening everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
looks like most of us are having a great weekend so far! Have a fantastic evening everyone!
Looks like it Enjoy the remainder of the long weekend, and have a great week ahead! Make every moment count!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu