• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support for solo parents

That's really cute. Making memories with little ones through art is always fun! Scribbling counts as art too when they're still small. Do you think he'll show an interest in cooking or art when he's older, having been exposed to both?
Oh definitely! Kids pick up on things quickly and are usually drawn to all sorts of interests. It's exciting to think about the things that catch my son's fancy as he grows up.

We try not to pressure him towards any particular interest, though we can't help but share our own passions with him. So far, he shows a budding interest in art and music, which is nice! We'll see what sticks. expose them young, and they can decide for themselves later on!

Oh definitely! Kids pick up on things quickly and are usually drawn to all sorts of interests. It's exciting to think about the things that catch my son's fancy as he grows up.

We try not to pressure him towards any particular interest, though we can't help but share our own passions with him. So far, he shows a budding interest in art and music, which is nice! We'll see what sticks. expose them young, and they can decide for themselves later on!
That's a good point-- giving them space to develop their own interests is important too. Not pushing him too much ensures he develops a genuine liking for whatever activity he takes up. And yes, it's fun exposing them to our own hobbies! Hopefully, some of them stick!

That's a good point-- giving them space to develop their own interests is important too. Not pushing him too much ensures he develops a genuine liking for whatever activity he takes up. And yes, it's fun exposing them to our own hobbies! Hopefully, some of them stick!
It's a delight seeing children develop their own unique personalities and interests! There's joy in helping them explore different activities too.

It's a delight seeing children develop their own unique personalities and interests! There's joy in helping them explore different activities too.
It is heartwarming to witness kids discover their likes and dislikes and guiding them to uncover their passions is rewarding.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
It is heartwarming to witness kids discover their likes and dislikes and guiding them to uncover their passions is rewarding.
Yes, it's such a fulfilling experience to see our little ones grow and bloom!

Yes, it's such a fulfilling experience to see our little ones grow and bloom!
The satisfaction of being able to support the growth of our children and watching them develop interests of their own is one of parenthood's greatest delights.

• Wow
Reactions: stargazer
The satisfaction of being able to support the growth of our children and watching them develop interests of their own is one of parenthood's greatest delights.
It really is! As parents, we can't help but feel proud seeing our kids achieve little milestones, especially when they discover passions of their own. It's a subtle satisfaction that makes everything worthwhile.

It really is! As parents, we can't help but feel proud seeing our kids achieve little milestones, especially when they discover passions of their own. It's a subtle satisfaction that makes everything worthwhile.
As solo parents, our joys and satisfactions are twice as sweet!

Parenting alone certainly has its challenges but us moms know how to keep things fun and rewarding!
You've got that right! We solo parents just have to hustler harder, and along with it, comes twice the joy when break time happens.

You've got that right! We solo parents just have to hustler harder, and along with it, comes twice the joy when break time happens.
Indeed, the challenges faced by solo parents can be overwhelming, but you're doing a fantastic job keeping things afloat, mamamia! Are there any specific issues or topics you'd like to discuss regarding solo parenting? It's great to have you here sharing your experiences and insights with other moms!

Indeed, the challenges faced by solo parents can be overwhelming, but you're doing a fantastic job keeping things afloat, mamamia! Are there any specific issues or topics you'd like to discuss regarding solo parenting? It's great to have you here sharing your experiences and insights with other moms!
Hahaha...I'm not a robot!!! I appreciate the encouragement though. It's nice to have this community where we can support each other.

Being a solo parent is indeed tough, especially when handling parenting issues back-to-back with no one to tag in. I find myself missing the occasional adult conversation too, which often happens when your kids are young. School runs and extra curriculares keep me occupied most of the time, but yeah... it's exhausting. Anyone else here relate?

Hahaha...I'm not a robot!!! I appreciate the encouragement though. It's nice to have this community where we can support each other.

Being a solo parent is indeed tough, especially when handling parenting issues back-to-back with no one to tag in. I find myself missing the occasional adult conversation too, which often happens when your kids are young. School runs and extra curriculares keep me occupied most of the time, but yeah... it's exhausting. Anyone else here relate?
You're absolutely right; it's nice to have company when it comes to sharing the struggles of solo parenting. It often gets lonely, especially when you're used to having someone to chat with as an adult or share responsibilities with. The tireless routine can be draining indeed, and that's why it's reassuring to have forums like these for mutual encouragement!

It'd be nice to hear about others' experiences with finding support systems or strategies to manage the more challenging aspects of solo parenting.

Reactions: cissy
You're absolutely right; it's nice to have company when it comes to sharing the struggles of solo parenting. It often gets lonely, especially when you're used to having someone to chat with as an adult or share responsibilities with. The tireless routine can be draining indeed, and that's why it's reassuring to have forums like these for mutual encouragement!

It'd be nice to hear about others' experiences with finding support systems or strategies to manage the more challenging aspects of solo parenting.
There're always ways to make things better. One thing's for sure - you're not alone in this situation and shouldn't hesitate to ask for help or advice!

There're always ways to make things better. One thing's for sure - you're not alone in this situation and shouldn't hesitate to ask for help or advice!
You're right; we solo parents should not hesitate to seek support, it's important to reach out and ask for help when needed. It's a good thing that forums like these exist to seek advice, encouragement, and a little virtual companionship too!

Are there any specific strategies you employ to keep things afloat, or perhaps vent about the challenges you face as a solo parent?

You're right; we solo parents should not hesitate to seek support, it's important to reach out and ask for help when needed. It's a good thing that forums like these exist to seek advice, encouragement, and a little virtual companionship too!

Are there any specific strategies you employ to keep things afloat, or perhaps vent about the challenges you face as a solo parent?
Forums certainly help to ease some burden and provide company, knowing that others go through similar struggles. It's good to have this kind of support system, especially when you can't always rely on physical help due to distance or other circumstances.

As for strategies, I make it a point to keep an organized calendar and plan meals in advance where possible because managing time became a huge issue after my partner moved overseas. I also learned the hard way that it's best not to bottle up frustrations; having a good cry or vent session helps release the stress!

I'm interested to know if anyone else has unique ways to stay sane as a solo parent. It'd be good to hear some fresh ideas!

Forums certainly help to ease some burden and provide company, knowing that others go through similar struggles. It's good to have this kind of support system, especially when you can't always rely on physical help due to distance or other circumstances.

As for strategies, I make it a point to keep an organized calendar and plan meals in advance where possible because managing time became a huge issue after my partner moved overseas. I also learned the hard way that it's best not to bottle up frustrations; having a good cry or vent session helps release the stress!

I'm interested to know if anyone else has unique ways to stay sane as a solo parent. It'd be good to hear some fresh ideas!
As a solo parent, organization and planning are my middle names. I keep a family calendar syncronized across all devices and update it meticulously because every minute counts when you're managing everything alone.

I also make it a point to maintain a weekly checklist for household deep cleaning tasks like vacuuming or changing beddings because out of sight, out of mind, right? It gives me a sense of control and peace knowing these chores are being regularly done without having to think about them too much.

And like you, I embrace the therapeutic benefits of a good cry or vent session when things get overwhelming; it helps reset my emotions and perspectives!

As a solo parent, organization and planning are my middle names. I keep a family calendar syncronized across all devices and update it meticulously because every minute counts when you're managing everything alone.

I also make it a point to maintain a weekly checklist for household deep cleaning tasks like vacuuming or changing beddings because out of sight, out of mind, right? It gives me a sense of control and peace knowing these chores are being regularly done without having to think about them too much.

And like you, I embrace the therapeutic benefits of a good cry or vent session when things get overwhelming; it helps reset my emotions and perspectives!
I'm all about maximizing productivity too, especially with limited time as a solo parent. Online grocery shopping has been a sanity-saver for me--no more corralling the kids at the supermarket! I also recruit my little ones as "helpers" with age-appropriate tasks to teach them some responsibility and make them feel involved, which is a nice confidence booster for them too.

I'm all about maximizing productivity too, especially with limited time as a solo parent. Online grocery shopping has been a sanity-saver for me--no more corralling the kids at the supermarket! I also recruit my little ones as "helpers" with age-appropriate tasks to teach them some responsibility and make them feel involved, which is a nice confidence booster for them too.
Maxiimising productivity is the key! Teaching responsibilities and life skills to your kids early is a great way to involve them and help yourself. In addition, having their help also instils a sense of importance and encourages them to take more initiatives around the house. Good on you!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu