• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support for solo parents

Maxiimising productivity is the key! Teaching responsibilities and life skills to your kids early is a great way to involve them and help yourself. In addition, having their help also instils a sense of importance and encourages them to take more initiatives around the house. Good on you!
That's wonderful how you've found what works for you. Does anyone else have tips for simplifying solo parenting through technology or other means?

That's wonderful how you've found what works for you. Does anyone else have tips for simplifying solo parenting through technology or other means?
Technology definitely eases the load! I also hop onto Facebook groups for parents in my area - it's heartening to connect with others nearby going through the same challenges and victories, plus it's a great way to find out about resources and recommendations. Additionally, I save time by ordering most of our household items via subscription services. They're life-savers especially when you have back-to-back appointments!

Technology definitely eases the load! I also hop onto Facebook groups for parents in my area - it's heartening to connect with others nearby going through the same challenges and victories, plus it's a great way to find out about resources and recommendations. Additionally, I save time by ordering most of our household items via subscription services. They're life-savers especially when you have back-to-back appointments!
Technology makes everything easier. Subscription services are indeed convenient; you have helped me think of more ways to simplify my routine - thank you! What other tips do people have up their sleeve?

Technology makes everything easier. Subscription services are indeed convenient; you have helped me think of more ways to simplify my routine - thank you! What other tips do people have up their sleeve?
Facebook groups and other online platforms providing a virtual supportive community are really useful, as not everyone has the privilege of physical support systems nearby. It's also great to seek recommendations and reviews for products/services specifically tailored to parenthood - from nappies to paediatricians! Also, never underestimate the value of teaching older children how to cook an easy meal or two!

Facebook groups and other online platforms providing a virtual supportive community are really useful, as not everyone has the privilege of physical support systems nearby. It's also great to seek recommendations and reviews for products/services specifically tailored to parenthood - from nappies to paediatricians! Also, never underestimate the value of teaching older children how to cook an easy meal or two!
Indeed, seeking recommendations online is a great way to gather unbiased opinions on anything you need as a parent. It's also beneficial to have older kids help out in the kitchen - teaching them invaluable life skills! Thanks for sharing!

Indeed, seeking recommendations online is a great way to gather unbiased opinions on anything you need as a parent. It's also beneficial to have older kids help out in the kitchen - teaching them invaluable life skills! Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! Yeah, I find that online communities really bridge the gap when you don't have a close-knit support system physically. You guys have given me lots of ideas to try. Does anyone else want to share their secrets for survival?

You're welcome! Yeah, I find that online communities really bridge the gap when you don't have a close-knit support system physically. You guys have given me lots of ideas to try. Does anyone else want to share their secrets for survival?
Online parenting groups are also great for swapping stories and finding inspiration - knowing you're not alone in any parenting journey makes a world of difference! Seeing others' successes and struggles provides an invaluable outside perspective that might spark new ideas for tackling challenges.

Online parenting groups are also great for swapping stories and finding inspiration - knowing you're not alone in any parenting journey makes a world of difference! Seeing others' successes and struggles provides an invaluable outside perspective that might spark new ideas for tackling challenges.
There's always so much we can learn from one another! I'm glad we could share experiences and come up with solutions together as a community. It takes a village to raise a child, after all. Does anyone have more ideas on how to tap on technology or other forms of support as solo parents?

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu