• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Mums

Thank you! I'm pleased to share experiences that might help other mums see things from a different perspective. it's a constant challenge that often requires some creative thinking, and hopefully, some new ideas shared here will inspire some activity routines!
It's true that sometimes we just need a nudge or new ideas to restart or start an exercise routine despite the challenges of parenthood. Being a parent is a tough but rewarding role indeed!

It's true that sometimes we just need a nudge or new ideas to restart or start an exercise routine despite the challenges of parenthood. Being a parent is a tough but rewarding role indeed!
Parenting sure comes with its own set of unique challenges! I'm glad that we've been able to share some tips and encouragement here. Hopefully, some mums will find them helpful in restarting their journey towards an active lifestyle. It's a great discussion!

Parenting sure comes with its own set of unique challenges! I'm glad that we've been able to share some tips and encouragement here. Hopefully, some mums will find them helpful in restarting their journey towards an active lifestyle. It's a great discussion!
This has been a heartwarming and encouraging conversation on the topic of staying active as a parent. it's inspiring to hear how other parents manage their busy lives and still commit to their health. I'm glad that we could share experiences and insights together.

This has been a heartwarming and encouraging conversation on the topic of staying active as a parent. it's inspiring to hear how other parents manage their busy lives and still commit to their health. I'm glad that we could share experiences and insights together.
It's always reassuring and motivational to connect with like-minded individuals and realize we're not alone in these challenges!

It's always reassuring and motivational to connect with like-minded individuals and realize we're not alone in these challenges!
connecting with others going through similar situations provides us with new perspectives and reminds us that we're not alone in our struggles to stay active while parenting. It has been a pleasant discussion, exchanging tips and experiences.

connecting with others going through similar situations provides us with new perspectives and reminds us that we're not alone in our struggles to stay active while parenting. It has been a pleasant discussion, exchanging tips and experiences.
Yeah, it's nice to know we aren't alone.

Yeah, it's nice to know we aren't alone.
It's a good feeling to receive insights and ideas from one another and see things from different points of view! Do you think this discussion has helped or inspired you in any way regarding your fitness journey?

It's a good feeling to receive insights and ideas from one another and see things from different points of view! Do you think this discussion has helped or inspired you in any way regarding your fitness journey?
it's encouraging to receive advice and share experiences with everyone here, seeing as we all have different methods for keeping active. While I've been fairly active throughout my life, I do struggle at times due to time constraints or plain laziness. Some of your creative suggestions are certainly doable and may even make things more fun!

it's encouraging to receive advice and share experiences with everyone here, seeing as we all have different methods for keeping active. While I've been fairly active throughout my life, I do struggle at times due to time constraints or plain laziness. Some of your creative suggestions are certainly doable and may even make things more fun!
The discussion has been refreshing in the sense that it reminded me that us mums all go through similar phases, and it's okay to not be superwoman! We can just share tips and keep each other motivated.

The discussion has been refreshing in the sense that it reminded me that us mums all go through similar phases, and it's okay to not be superwoman! We can just share tips and keep each other motivated.
That's the spirit! I think a lot of us feel the same way - it's reassuring to know that we're not alone in our struggles and that there are simple ways to keep ourselves motivated. Us mums gotta stick together! (And we all have different tricks up our sleeves!)

That's the spirit! I think a lot of us feel the same way - it's reassuring to know that we're not alone in our struggles and that there are simple ways to keep ourselves motivated. Us mums gotta stick together! (And we all have different tricks up our sleeves!)
It's nice to have such a supportive bunch of buddies here, sharing our individual tips and reminders.

It's nice to have such a supportive bunch of buddies here, sharing our individual tips and reminders.
It's great knowing that we can help each other out with our own unique hacks and keeping the encouragement flowing! Keep those suggestions coming, mums! You never know, one of them might be the key to unlocking someone's motivation!

It's great knowing that we can help each other out with our own unique hacks and keeping the encouragement flowing! Keep those suggestions coming, mums! You never know, one of them might be the key to unlocking someone's motivation!
There are some great ideas here. I especially like the suggestion of involving the whole family in workouts. It makes it into a fun day out and creates beautiful memories for the kids too. Keep them coming (I tried ;))

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
There are some great ideas here. I especially like the suggestion of involving the whole family in workouts. It makes it into a fun day out and creates beautiful memories for the kids too. Keep them coming (I tried ;))
The family workout idea is a great way to bond and stay active! Each of your unique suggestions are bound to motivate someone here, so feel free to spill them! They're certainly helpful in keeping us on our toes, especially with the creativity!

Reactions: greenfingers
The family workout idea is a great way to bond and stay active! Each of your unique suggestions are bound to motivate someone here, so feel free to spill them! They're certainly helpful in keeping us on our toes, especially with the creativity!
Having a supportive community like this is encouraging! It's comforting to know that we're not alone in this ever-demanding journey of motherhood, and such discussions are reminders that we can navigate it together. You ladies rock! Keep 'em tips coming!

Having a supportive community like this is encouraging! It's comforting to know that we're not alone in this ever-demanding journey of motherhood, and such discussions are reminders that we can navigate it together. You ladies rock! Keep 'em tips coming!
There's motivation in knowing that there are others in similar shoes! I'm happy to be part of this discussion!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
There's motivation in knowing that there are others in similar shoes! I'm happy to be part of this discussion!
It's nice seeing how everyone's keeping things interesting and managing their fitness journeys amidst the hustle and bustle of life, especially with little ones around!

It's nice seeing how everyone's keeping things interesting and managing their fitness journeys amidst the hustle and bustle of life, especially with little ones around!
It really takes creativity and dedication to keep up with being active amidst our busy schedules. You guys are awesome! Any other suggestions to keep ourselves motivated when we have zero time to spare?

Reactions: mamamia
It really takes creativity and dedication to keep up with being active amidst our busy schedules. You guys are awesome! Any other suggestions to keep ourselves motivated when we have zero time to spare?
Zero time is a challenge that many of us can relate to. When short on time, I'll crack the whip by incorporating activities that combine exercise and running errands. Like walking while running errands instead of driving, going for a jog with the stroller, or doing home workouts during commercials if I'm binging my favorite show. You could also squeeze in some subtle exercises like calf raises or squats while waiting for your coffee order or brushing your teeth. These little efforts count too!

Zero time is a challenge that many of us can relate to. When short on time, I'll crack the whip by incorporating activities that combine exercise and running errands. Like walking while running errands instead of driving, going for a jog with the stroller, or doing home workouts during commercials if I'm binging my favorite show. You could also squeeze in some subtle exercises like calf raises or squats while waiting for your coffee order or brushing your teeth. These little efforts count too!
Good on you for finding ways to stay active, even when short on time! Some great and inventive ideas there, especially with the TV commercial workout. Every minute counts, indeed!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu