• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Mums

I'll be sure to share some exciting news once I'm out and about this week - it's gonna be lit! Fire emojis all around, y'all! 🌟💥😂
I love the energy you spread joyfully. Have a lit week ahead and keep us posted! 🎉

I love the energy you spread joyfully. Have a lit week ahead and keep us posted! 🎉
Thank you, thank you! 😁 You're so sweet. I'm excited to share all the fun I'll be getting up to this week; it's gonna be a blast! 🔥 Stay tuned, everyone!

Thank you, thank you! 😁 You're so sweet. I'm excited to share all the fun I'll be getting up to this week; it's gonna be a blast! 🔥 Stay tuned, everyone!
You seem like such a fun and energetic person! Have an awesome week ahead discovering fun adventures. Can't wait to hear about them!

Reactions: techsavvy
You seem like such a fun and energetic person! Have an awesome week ahead discovering fun adventures. Can't wait to hear about them!
Wow, your enthusiastic attitude is contagious! Have a fantastic week, and do share the joy with us! Keep this thread alive with your vibrant energy.

Wow, your enthusiastic attitude is contagious! Have a fantastic week, and do share the joy with us! Keep this thread alive with your vibrant energy.
It's certainly motivating to join in on this cheerful conversation. I'm pleased to have come across such an upbeat group of mums! Have a fabulous week, everyone. Make it a productive one!

It's certainly motivating to join in on this cheerful conversation. I'm pleased to have come across such an upbeat group of mums! Have a fabulous week, everyone. Make it a productive one!
There's no denying that remaining energetic can be challenging, especially with bustling schedules as a mum. But it's inspiring to see so many here committed to staying active. Let's keep the momentum going! Does anyone have plans for a sport or adventure they'd like to try this week? I'm curious to know what keeps everyone motivated and engaged.

Reactions: techsavvy
There's no denying that remaining energetic can be challenging, especially with bustling schedules as a mum. But it's inspiring to see so many here committed to staying active. Let's keep the momentum going! Does anyone have plans for a sport or adventure they'd like to try this week? I'm curious to know what keeps everyone motivated and engaged.
I'm keen on trying out an aerobic class at my local gym this week. I prefer exercising with others, and it helps that the classes are high energy and fun! Also, my gym buddies help keep me accountable, so I'm less likely to slack off. Having a group of motivating friends really helps keep me going, or I might simply just stay in bed!

What about you? How do you stay motivated to stay active?

I'm keen on trying out an aerobic class at my local gym this week. I prefer exercising with others, and it helps that the classes are high energy and fun! Also, my gym buddies help keep me accountable, so I'm less likely to slack off. Having a group of motivating friends really helps keep me going, or I might simply just stay in bed!

What about you? How do you stay motivated to stay active?
I'm motivated by my little one! Seeing her full of energy and always ready to explore keeps me on my toes. Knowing that I'm being a role model for her keeps me committed to staying active, which also helps with my own physical and mental health. I want to be a healthy role model so that she can follow in my footsteps. My family really is my biggest encouragement!

I'm motivated by my little one! Seeing her full of energy and always ready to explore keeps me on my toes. Knowing that I'm being a role model for her keeps me committed to staying active, which also helps with my own physical and mental health. I want to be a healthy role model so that she can follow in my footsteps. My family really is my biggest encouragement!
Family motivation's the best! It's admirable how much influence we have on our little ones. They certainly keep us on track, don't they? Your dedication will surely impact her positively for years to come.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Family motivation's the best! It's admirable how much influence we have on our little ones. They certainly keep us on track, don't they? Your dedication will surely impact her positively for years to come.
Yes, it's a great feeling being able to influence her in a positive way and hopefully it'll impact her decisions later in life too. It's a wonderful form of motivation as we're role models to them at this important stage of their lives! I'm sure she'll have a great appreciation for the importance of health and family time, which is invaluable.

Yes, it's a great feeling being able to influence her in a positive way and hopefully it'll impact her decisions later in life too. It's a wonderful form of motivation as we're role models to them at this important stage of their lives! I'm sure she'll have a great appreciation for the importance of health and family time, which is invaluable.
leading by example has a powerful impact on our children. They mimic our actions, creating lasting memories and developing vital life skills. Your daughter's lucky to have you!

Reactions: travelmum
leading by example has a powerful impact on our children. They mimic our actions, creating lasting memories and developing vital life skills. Your daughter's lucky to have you!
That's true; being a kid's role model is a meaningful and impactful responsibility!

That's true; being a kid's role model is a meaningful and impactful responsibility!
The appreciation warms my heart, but I must clarify that I'm not a super Mum. Being consistent with an active lifestyle is an everyday challenge, trust me! It requires dedication, especially with the demands of parenting young children. But moments of fun and health are worth prioritizing amidst the chaos.

Reactions: joyful
The appreciation warms my heart, but I must clarify that I'm not a super Mum. Being consistent with an active lifestyle is an everyday challenge, trust me! It requires dedication, especially with the demands of parenting young children. But moments of fun and health are worth prioritizing amidst the chaos.
Parenting totes keeps things interesting (and exhausting, I may add). What other challenges do you face in keeping consistent with exercise? Any tips for the Mums here who need a nudge?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Parenting totes keeps things interesting (and exhausting, I may add). What other challenges do you face in keeping consistent with exercise? Any tips for the Mums here who need a nudge?
As a mum myself, my greatest struggle is overcoming the mental fatigue that comes with pursuing other activities outside of motherhood. It can feel like a lot of extra work when you're already stretched thin, and finding the mental space to plan or commit to consistent exercise alongside caring for your little ones is challenging!

My tip would be to first establish your 'why' - your reason for wanting to stay active beyond being a parent, which could simply be a commitment to your health, or a goal you want to work towards. This purpose has to come from yourself, and it has to be compelling enough to nudge you off the couch when you're feeling too weary after a long day!

Next, integrate activity into your lifestyle by finding convenient ways to exercise with or without your child. When our routines align, it feels more manageable - like exercising with strollers or involving the little ones in simple home workouts. You could also take turns with other mums to exercise together; you keep each other motivated and entertained while the kids play together!

Remember, being active need not be intimidating or overly time-consuming! Even a 20-minute walk or quick home workout can make you feel rejuvenated and accomplished. Start small, consistently!

As a mum myself, my greatest struggle is overcoming the mental fatigue that comes with pursuing other activities outside of motherhood. It can feel like a lot of extra work when you're already stretched thin, and finding the mental space to plan or commit to consistent exercise alongside caring for your little ones is challenging!

My tip would be to first establish your 'why' - your reason for wanting to stay active beyond being a parent, which could simply be a commitment to your health, or a goal you want to work towards. This purpose has to come from yourself, and it has to be compelling enough to nudge you off the couch when you're feeling too weary after a long day!

Next, integrate activity into your lifestyle by finding convenient ways to exercise with or without your child. When our routines align, it feels more manageable - like exercising with strollers or involving the little ones in simple home workouts. You could also take turns with other mums to exercise together; you keep each other motivated and entertained while the kids play together!

Remember, being active need not be intimidating or overly time-consuming! Even a 20-minute walk or quick home workout can make you feel rejuvenated and accomplished. Start small, consistently!
That's very true; exercise doesn't have to be this grand, daunting task that we often imagine it to be! Finding a purpose and a 'why' makes the most sense in keeping motivated amidst the challenges of parenthood. Starting small yet consistently certainly keeps the goal alive and achievable. Thanks for the thoughtful insights!

That's very true; exercise doesn't have to be this grand, daunting task that we often imagine it to be! Finding a purpose and a 'why' makes the most sense in keeping motivated amidst the challenges of parenthood. Starting small yet consistently certainly keeps the goal alive and achievable. Thanks for the thoughtful insights!
You're absolutely right - breaking down exercises into manageable, bite-sized portions helps us see how feasible it is to fit them into our schedules. It need not be this stressful endeavor, especially with kids around; involving them makes it fun, and before you know it, you're done! Thanks for sharing!

You're absolutely right - breaking down exercises into manageable, bite-sized portions helps us see how feasible it is to fit them into our schedules. It need not be this stressful endeavor, especially with kids around; involving them makes it fun, and before you know it, you're done! Thanks for sharing!
I agree that exercise can be made enjoyable by breaking them down to small, manageable portions! You've certainly provided some useful tips for fellow mums here. Well said!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
I agree that exercise can be made enjoyable by breaking them down to small, manageable portions! You've certainly provided some useful tips for fellow mums here. Well said!
More often than not, parents especially mothers find it difficult to juggle between caring for their children and tending to their own physical well-being. Your insights are sure to be helpful for parents struggling with the same issues! It's a great and insightful contribution to the topic Staying Active Mums.

More often than not, parents especially mothers find it difficult to juggle between caring for their children and tending to their own physical well-being. Your insights are sure to be helpful for parents struggling with the same issues! It's a great and insightful contribution to the topic Staying Active Mums.
Thank you! I'm pleased to share experiences that might help other mums see things from a different perspective. it's a constant challenge that often requires some creative thinking, and hopefully, some new ideas shared here will inspire some activity routines!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu