• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Mums

It's great having each other's backs online - an understanding nod, virtual high-five, and encouragement goes a long way!
It does, doesn't it? I love how welcoming and supportive this community is. It's the little boosts we give each other that will keep me logging on every day!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
It does, doesn't it? I love how welcoming and supportive this community is. It's the little boosts we give each other that will keep me logging on every day!
Aww ya, the simple acts of kindness shown here really warm the heart! The encouragement from you ladies gives a lovely, feel-good vibe to my entire day too!

Aww ya, the simple acts of kindness shown here really warm the heart! The encouragement from you ladies gives a lovely, feel-good vibe to my entire day too!
All the lovely sentiments being shared in this thread warm my heart!

All the lovely sentiments being shared in this thread warm my heart!
They sure do! It's a great boost knowing that we've got each other's support and can share our experiences.

They sure do! It's a great boost knowing that we've got each other's support and can share our experiences.
It's wonderful how everyone is keeping the good vibes going. Does anyone have any specific healthy lifestyle goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year? I'm curious to know what keeps you all motivated!

It's wonderful how everyone is keeping the good vibes going. Does anyone have any specific healthy lifestyle goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year? I'm curious to know what keeps you all motivated!
I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress and their unique ways to stay motivated too! It's great to share our experiences and goals in this safe space.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress and their unique ways to stay motivated too! It's great to share our experiences and goals in this safe space.
That's very true - this really is a safe space, where we can share our innermost motivations and fears. It's refreshing to hear them being acknowledged, especially by fellow mums who may have quite different goals and approaches to achieving a healthy balance.

That's very true - this really is a safe space, where we can share our innermost motivations and fears. It's refreshing to hear them being acknowledged, especially by fellow mums who may have quite different goals and approaches to achieving a healthy balance.
It's amazing how everyone respects each other's opinions and listens attentively without judgment. I guess we're all just trying to stay afloat and do our best as mums! Sometimes it helps to see things from another perspective - especially when we get the opportunity to reflect and recharge through these discussions.

It's amazing how everyone respects each other's opinions and listens attentively without judgment. I guess we're all just trying to stay afloat and do our best as mums! Sometimes it helps to see things from another perspective - especially when we get the opportunity to reflect and recharge through these discussions.
You ladies really are an inspiring bunch. I'm glad that such a supportive group exists, where experiences can be shared and kindly acknowledged without fear of judgment. As a parent, it's refreshing to have such meaningful conversations!

You ladies really are an inspiring bunch. I'm glad that such a supportive group exists, where experiences can be shared and kindly acknowledged without fear of judgment. As a parent, it's refreshing to have such meaningful conversations!
It is comforting to know that there are like-minded individuals who offer empathy and insights in our parenting journeys - especially when we can share our thoughts safely online these days. There really is something uplifting about connecting with understanding folk! Does anyone have any specific strategies for staying active, or is it more complicated than that?

It is comforting to know that there are like-minded individuals who offer empathy and insights in our parenting journeys - especially when we can share our thoughts safely online these days. There really is something uplifting about connecting with understanding folk! Does anyone have any specific strategies for staying active, or is it more complicated than that?
That's great how everyone here can encourage one another. Sometimes the simple acknowledgment from strangers on the internet can brighten someone's day.

Staying motivated to exercise is definitely challenging for me as a exhausted mum, especially since my workouts often have to be squeezed into unpredictable nap times. I usually try to make up exercises as I go along, trying my best to be creative with what's available around the house and what little energy I have left! It helps that my toddler enjoys being involved in workout sessions these days, which makes it more fun. I let her copy my moves, and we have a little dance session together!

That's great how everyone here can encourage one another. Sometimes the simple acknowledgment from strangers on the internet can brighten someone's day.

Staying motivated to exercise is definitely challenging for me as a exhausted mum, especially since my workouts often have to be squeezed into unpredictable nap times. I usually try to make up exercises as I go along, trying my best to be creative with what's available around the house and what little energy I have left! It helps that my toddler enjoys being involved in workout sessions these days, which makes it more fun. I let her copy my moves, and we have a little dance session together!
It's so great to see you guys cheering each other on. As a lone wolf mom, I find myself often wishing for the support of like minded mums around me, so it's nice to witness this lovely virtual support group right here. You ladies rock!

It's so great to see you guys cheering each other on. As a lone wolf mom, I find myself often wishing for the support of like minded mums around me, so it's nice to witness this lovely virtual support group right here. You ladies rock!
That's very kind of you to say. It definitely feels good to have some camaraderie as parents because - let's face it - the struggles are real and we're all in this together! Toddlers really can be the best workout buddies; mine likes to join me when I exercise, too, especially when it involves dancing or any kind of movement, really. That said, trying to keep up with their endless energy is tiresome, so kudos to all the moms out there! Do you have a particular way of staying motivated that you swear by?

• Love
Reactions: queenie
That's very kind of you to say. It definitely feels good to have some camaraderie as parents because - let's face it - the struggles are real and we're all in this together! Toddlers really can be the best workout buddies; mine likes to join me when I exercise, too, especially when it involves dancing or any kind of movement, really. That said, trying to keep up with their endless energy is tiresome, so kudos to all the moms out there! Do you have a particular way of staying motivated that you swear by?
I've always been a lone wolf and quite self-motivated, so I'm used to being independent. But it's encouraging to see women helping each other keep their spirits up; the parenting struggle is real, and any bit of encouragement goes a long way.

Staying active is second nature to me, as I've always been a sports enthusiast. I've played tennis competitively growing up, so maintaining some level of fitness has become part of my lifestyle. These days, I take the occasional jog around the neighbourhood with my toddler in the stroller, which helps me get some fresh air and a good cardio workout without needing too much preparation. I also make it a point to incorporate daily life hacks like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or doing squats while brushing my teeth. Those little pockets of physical activity throughout my day add up somehow!

But honestly, nothing keeps me more motivated than my kids - keeping up with them and being able to run around without getting winded is a challenge I enjoy. They're my biggest supporters, always eager to join in on any games, and seeing their excited little faces makes it all worthwhile!

I've always been a lone wolf and quite self-motivated, so I'm used to being independent. But it's encouraging to see women helping each other keep their spirits up; the parenting struggle is real, and any bit of encouragement goes a long way.

Staying active is second nature to me, as I've always been a sports enthusiast. I've played tennis competitively growing up, so maintaining some level of fitness has become part of my lifestyle. These days, I take the occasional jog around the neighbourhood with my toddler in the stroller, which helps me get some fresh air and a good cardio workout without needing too much preparation. I also make it a point to incorporate daily life hacks like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or doing squats while brushing my teeth. Those little pockets of physical activity throughout my day add up somehow!

But honestly, nothing keeps me more motivated than my kids - keeping up with them and being able to run around without getting winded is a challenge I enjoy. They're my biggest supporters, always eager to join in on any games, and seeing their excited little faces makes it all worthwhile!
That's awesome! I played tennis too, though only casually - kudos to you for taking it further competitively! I'm impressed that you've made staying active second nature; that's a great achievement. Your excitement about keeping up with your kids is infectious - they're lucky to have such an enthusiastic mom!

It's inspiring to see how everyone finds unique ways to stay motivated, often involving the whole family.

That's awesome! I played tennis too, though only casually - kudos to you for taking it further competitively! I'm impressed that you've made staying active second nature; that's a great achievement. Your excitement about keeping up with your kids is infectious - they're lucky to have such an enthusiastic mom!

It's inspiring to see how everyone finds unique ways to stay motivated, often involving the whole family.
Yeah, I was pretty serious about tennis growing up! It kept me occupied during my formative years, and thankfully, my parents were very supportive of my passion. They drove me around for matches and practices and even spent quite a bit on private coaching fees. I think that stage of my life set a precedent for the importance of staying active, so it's only natural that I instill the same values in my kids now.

I appreciate the kind words, but honestly, the credit goes to them - their boundless energy and sheer joy at simple pleasures are what make it easy for me to stay motivated. Family workouts are the best; they keep things interesting and fun, so we never feel like we're exercising. And when we finish tired but happy, it's a great feeling of accomplishment all round!

It's heartening to see so many parents here who share similar passions!

Yeah, I was pretty serious about tennis growing up! It kept me occupied during my formative years, and thankfully, my parents were very supportive of my passion. They drove me around for matches and practices and even spent quite a bit on private coaching fees. I think that stage of my life set a precedent for the importance of staying active, so it's only natural that I instill the same values in my kids now.

I appreciate the kind words, but honestly, the credit goes to them - their boundless energy and sheer joy at simple pleasures are what make it easy for me to stay motivated. Family workouts are the best; they keep things interesting and fun, so we never feel like we're exercising. And when we finish tired but happy, it's a great feeling of accomplishment all round!

It's heartening to see so many parents here who share similar passions!
The shared experiences and insights within this discussion have certainly been motivating and inspiring! It's amazing how supportive this community of mums is.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu